PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit hutch

Billy Boy
09-Jan-09, 18:54
Can anyone tell me where is the best place to get a Rabbit Hutch locally other than pets@home as their ones look pretty flimsy.

kitty
09-Jan-09, 22:20
I saw a really nice rabbit hutch the last time i was in pets at home and didn't think the price was too bad.

You could alway make one yourself if you have the time. At least then you can get exactly what you need

Wellies
10-Jan-09, 10:06
I got one of the largest hutches from Pets at Home well over a year ago and it is lasting very well. I have to very large bunnies in it and it seems fine.

ShelleyCowie
10-Jan-09, 11:31
When i was younger we made our own hutch! The rabbit was a house rabbit, she was house trained and everything! So my mum had an old chest of drawers that was just going to go to the bin, but we took the drawers out and all the plastic bits, made a frame and a door with hinges on the front and put some chicken wire on it....

The hutch was excellent! Our rabbit would return to the hutch to eat and do the toilet and get water! She never really slept in it! She used to sleep with my 2 degu's that i had at the time too...she would sleep beside their cage! She was more like a puppy! :lol:

router
11-Jan-09, 15:36
you could try making one, its cheaper buying the wood and doing it yourself.:eek:

hotrod4
11-Jan-09, 18:30
Theres quite often wood going for Nothing advsertised on the org. If your quick enough(and can beat the rush!)you could pick that up and build it for nowt!!

router
11-Jan-09, 18:35
Theres quite often wood going for Nothing advsertised on the org. If your quick enough(and can beat the rush!)you could pick that up and build it for nowt!!

Good idea, but not much mesh comes up for grabs and he would need that for the front.:lol:;)

hotrod4
11-Jan-09, 18:43
Good idea, but not much mesh comes up for grabs and he would need that for the front.:lol:;)
He could always nick it!;)

Billy Boy
11-Jan-09, 19:15
He could always nick it!;)

Do you have a hutch lol? :D

router
11-Jan-09, 20:54
Can anyone tell me where is the best place to get a Rabbit Hutch locally other than pets@home as their ones look pretty flimsy.

on a more serious note ,they are flimsy and don't weather well.we bought one and the whole thing is knackered.the bolts fall apart,the hinges have all but rusted through and the wood swells to the point you have trouble opening and closing the doors(cheap pine and wood preserve).honestly,your best off going to the wood yard and building your own.there's loads of free plans out there if your not sure about putting it together.good luck

dblonde
11-Jan-09, 22:28
http://www.freeww.com/rabbithutches.html

Hope this helps!