PDA

View Full Version : Do we appreciate them enough?

Iffy
09-Jan-09, 15:03
I've been feeling pretty ill (nothing serious!) for over a week now and have been feeling very low indeed, at the point of crying a few times....

My OH left for work in Norway last Monday and, as we have no bairnies, I've been on my own and feeling totally dreadful.

I just wanted to let people know on the ORG, that my dear Dad has been a real trouper to me, he lives nearly 20 miles from me, but insisted on coming into town to check on me, give me some of his crystallised ginger (cos I was feeling SO sick!!) and did a wee bit of shopping for me. This was on Tuesday past and since then he has phoned me every day also popping in this morning on his way in to do his own shopping, incase I was in need of anything else.

My Dad is a VERY fit man of 81 years. I lost my Dear Mum over 11 years ago and he has coped admirably since his/our great loss. He often asks me out to his house for dinner, and the only thing I can say is that his mince and tatties or even a full roast dinner puts my efforts to shame !!

Are there any other ORGERS out there who are proud of their family for overcoming bad/sad things in their lives and helping their offspring (no matter what their age !!!!) ??

ShelleyCowie
09-Jan-09, 15:09
My partner works 2 night shifts a week and i hate it every time! He has been doing it for well over a year and a half now and u wud think i wud be used to it! :~(

When i get ill he is so helpful! gets me juice, medicines, food and lets me have the remote for the tv! :) Bless!

Or when i was younger and if i was off school sick, i would go to my granny and grandads and they would pamper me to the hills! Get me a blanket to lye on the couch and watch Rugrats all day long! Then when i was feeling a bit better my grandad would get me a sweetie. Even now my granny still sends up a "get well soon bag" full of lucozade and food! Love them to bits! :D

Iffy
09-Jan-09, 15:53
Hi Shelley

Ain't it just such a comforting thing, that no matter what, there is someone there who loves you and will do anything for you!

My husband is the same as yours, Shelley, when hes at home, he would do everything (I don't let him though - marriage IS a partnership !!) for me.

The moral of this thread ? - IT'S GOOD TO BE LOVED AND IT'S EVEN BETTER TO KNOW AND BE SHOWN THAT YOU ARE LOVED ......

Kevin Milkins
09-Jan-09, 18:20
Hope you are feeling a bit better today Iffy.

I am sure you know it goes without saying that if you need anything, you can give us a shout.
Take care.

Iffy
10-Jan-09, 12:26
Hope you are feeling a bit better today Iffy.

I am sure you know it goes without saying that if you need anything, you can give us a shout.
Take care.

Thanks for you very kind offer Kevin. I know you both would be more than willing to help me. I'm kinda doing the "Iffy Shuffle" - well thats what it looks like - and managed a wee shop yesterday after leaving the doctors !!

Cheers Kevin

ShelleyCowie
10-Jan-09, 12:46
Hi Shelley

Ain't it just such a comforting thing, that no matter what, there is someone there who loves you and will do anything for you!

My husband is the same as yours, Shelley, when hes at home, he would do everything (I don't let him though - marriage IS a partnership !!) for me.

The moral of this thread ? - IT'S GOOD TO BE LOVED AND IT'S EVEN BETTER TO KNOW AND BE SHOWN THAT YOU ARE LOVED ......

To me it is easy to tell someone you love them....its harder to show it! My partner shows he loves me every day! Even by a nice compliment, offering to help me with things, letting me have a lye in when he knows im tired! And lots more little things!

Love is more important than money to me!:)

squidge
10-Jan-09, 15:48
This year when my 13 year old was soooo ill and in hospital and we were struggling with me having to be at the hospital all day, the Bruce having to work and trying to look after an 8 month baby my darling mum who is 73 and lives in France flew over to help us out. Not only did she look after the baby but she did all the washing, ironed, made a great dinner every night for when we both arrived home, visited her grandson, kept the house tidy and did the shopping. In addition she looked after me and helpedme to keep calm. How we would have managed without her I have no idea. She is an amazing wonderful woman and if I was half the woman she is I would be very proud.

MY darling husband is also amazing - I sat at our Christmas table with all my boys and I know exactly what a lucky girl I am. With three teenage step sons life could be difficult and full of arguments but all i see is happy faces and loved children. None of the boys feel left out now the baby is here and the Bruce treats them all with love and respect. I couldnt ask for anything more.

Iffy
10-Jan-09, 17:47
This year when my 13 year old was soooo ill and in hospital and we were struggling with me having to be at the hospital all day, the Bruce having to work and trying to look after an 8 month baby my darling mum who is 73 and lives in France flew over to help us out. Not only did she look after the baby but she did all the washing, ironed, made a great dinner every night for when we both arrived home, visited her grandson, kept the house tidy and did the shopping. In addition she looked after me and helpedme to keep calm. How we would have managed without her I have no idea. She is an amazing wonderful woman and if I was half the woman she is I would be very proud.

MY darling husband is also amazing - I sat at our Christmas table with all my boys and I know exactly what a lucky girl I am. With three teenage step sons life could be difficult and full of arguments but all i see is happy faces and loved children. None of the boys feel left out now the baby is here and the Bruce treats them all with love and respect. I couldnt ask for anything more.

That is lovely story Squidge, what a really loving Mum you have, and also a very caring husband. As you say, we are very lucky people to have such great families and husbands, there are some poor folk out there who are not nearly as fortunate as us!