PDA

View Full Version : Is there a storm coming?

neepnipper
09-Jan-09, 13:22
Keep hearing on the weather that there's a bit of a storm brewing, thought initially they said coming in Saturday night but then they said 3am Saturday morning.

Anyone any the wiser, Tugs are you able to advise?:roll:

ShelleyCowie
09-Jan-09, 15:11
I hope there is not a storm! :(

Our weather has been pretty good just now! Nice crisp fresh mornings! Fair wakes me up when i open the door to let the cat in!

dirdyweeker
09-Jan-09, 16:22
.....and a fine drying wind in Wick today. Mind you I did hear it is the "usual" wet weather for the weekend. It always seems to be miserable at weekends when those who work the 5 day, 9 to 5 week are off. I feel quite sorry for them.

Alice in Blunderland
09-Jan-09, 17:02
.....and a fine drying wind in Wick today. Mind you I did hear it is the "usual" wet weather for the weekend. It always seems to be miserable at weekends when those who work the 5 day, 9 to 5 week are off. I feel quite sorry for them.

That being the case you wouldna mind if I dropped my washing off to you on Monday morning. :lol: :lol:

Kirdon
09-Jan-09, 17:04
That being the case you wouldna mind if I dropped my washing off to you on Monday morning. :lol: :lol:

aye mine 2 anytime between 9 and 5 do you?

Alice in Blunderland
09-Jan-09, 17:11

And with all that washing Dirdyweeker could be renamed ........cleanwicker ;)

Venture
09-Jan-09, 17:33
I don't know what the New Year has done to you Alice but my, my you're witty these days.[lol] Keep it up it's very enjoyable compared to some of the moaning on here of late.;)

pat
09-Jan-09, 17:38
Over here in Stornoway there is a storm scheduled for tomorrow - ferries cancelled from Stornoway to Ullapool. Harris/Skye ferries running I understand.

Wind has been rising steadily and so has the sea since went out walking with the dogs at 6am this morning.

Wind scheduled to be about 60mph tomorrow lunchtime over here.

Since moving over here for some reason there has been high winds over 10/11 January - anybody any ideas why?

AfternoonDelight
09-Jan-09, 17:51
Since moving over here for some reason there has been high winds over 10/11 January - anybody any ideas why?

Melancholy man posting again?

dirdyweeker
09-Jan-09, 18:18

Well, well folkies. I dunno about this. Monday is usually my "undies" day and with the size of them I am liable to be at it (maybe wrong choice of words) all day!
Wick Laundry offers an excellent service.:D

Tugmistress
09-Jan-09, 19:00
Keep hearing on the weather that there's a bit of a storm brewing, thought initially they said coming in Saturday night but then they said 3am Saturday morning.

Anyone any the wiser, Tugs are you able to advise?:roll:

it's certainly going to be a 'stormy' weekend, mainly from the southwest, so yes the western isles will be harder hit that us but i reckon gusts of up to 60mph in exposed places up here are quite probable, seems to all be finished by about tuesday evening with the odd 'quietish' lull in between. And no i wouldn't bother hanging your washing out unless you want it rinsing again and possibly chasing it over to norway lol

Alice in Blunderland
09-Jan-09, 19:55
Well, well folkies. I dunno about this. Monday is usually my "undies" day and with the size of them I am liable to be at it (maybe wrong choice of words) all day!
Wick Laundry offers an excellent service.

Awww come on you can throw my itsy bitsy teeny ones in http://silk-knickers.com/user/gimage/classic-strings0002_150_150.JPG

Im sure youll not notice them.... after all you have probably sneezed in something more substantial......................:eek:

If not how about Tuesday? :lol: