PDA

View Full Version : Keep fit dvds?

Dadie
08-Jan-09, 22:52
Im looking for a good keep fit dvd preferably one that works by just watching it (can live in hope) does anyone use them and the most important question .... Do they work or do they get forgotten about and used as a coaster for a cup of tea and choccie biccy?

What is the best one at the moment to look out for?

Tristan
08-Jan-09, 23:02
I think like anything else they work if you use them.:)

Dadie
08-Jan-09, 23:08
It would be nice to set up a swap shop for them... so you only have to buy 1 then when you get a bit bored with the routine you can swap it for a different one!
Would keep you motivated!

Tristan
08-Jan-09, 23:29
A swap shop would work, better if you could get together and workout or walk together.

LMS
08-Jan-09, 23:37
I bought the Strictly Come Dancing one (I can't remember the proper title) last year and it was horrendous. I think that if I had been quite good at dancing it might have been ok, but I have two left feet. I sold it on Amazon two days later.

I have a few 'Ten Minute Work-Out' DVDs, they are quite good as you can just do one workout or do a few, depending on your fitness or time constraints.

However, as mentioned in an earlier reply, you do really have to do them for a few weeks to see results and I always get a bit bored of them after a few sessions.

changilass
08-Jan-09, 23:40
Last time I bought one, the warm up session was so hard I never got round to the actual work out.

I need one for an out of date tub of lard that has been hiding in the fridge for the last 5 yrs - any suggestions??

young_fishin_neep
09-Jan-09, 00:15
the one that molly from corination street ( dont know her name) did is really good, less co-ordination needed and i thought it did more work than a proper danceing one

xx

ett23
09-Jan-09, 09:52
I was given Jennifer Ellison's West End Workout dvd by a friend and it is brilliant! You don't have to do the whole dvd - there are 3 specific workouts - for upper body/bums and tums/lower body. And they really do work. You get to learn a nice dance routine and then do exercises to target your 'problem' area. It really helped shape up my body (and going on a sensible eating programme helped too!).

Dadie
09-Jan-09, 10:43
I thought the dvds would be good because I have no co ordination and when in a class I get my left and right muddled up too (a bit embarassing) so I need to try out things at home before inflicting myself on a class.