PDA

View Full Version : The Yard

JWM
07-Jan-09, 21:52
Having noticed today that the yard lease was available again after only a year i wonder if it will ever be able to be like it was 10 years ago or has it now become a sort of poison chalice??

trix
07-Jan-09, 21:59
i worked ayre 10 year ago ;)

A9RUNNER
07-Jan-09, 22:00
Havent been in the place for many years. It was a fantastic Pub when it was Carters. Hopefully someone can make a good go of it. It is in a good location and is a reasonable sized building.

Gizmo
07-Jan-09, 22:45
It needs an experienced publican to run it, no more first time landlords.

trix
07-Jan-09, 22:51
someone who wilna take any crap....fie stafff or punters!

brandy
08-Jan-09, 00:01
oh lord i miss june and tom! we use to go in every sat. for lunch. it was never the same after it changed hands! bring back carters!

scorrie
08-Jan-09, 00:43
i worked ayre 10 year ago ;)

I remember you in there. If I recall right, you had a fiery working relationship with the owner at the time!! I was never in the place when it was the Yard the first time and when I was in it as Sinclairs, I thought it was a pure dive and I have never been back since.

2little2late
08-Jan-09, 00:49
What the Yard needs is a decent landlord who is big enough to stand up to all the underage fools and have zero tolerance and don't allow them in the establishment until they can prove they are of legal drinking age.

trix
08-Jan-09, 00:54
I remember you in there. If I recall right, you had a fiery working relationship with the owner at the time!!

ats rite!! i fell oot wi june an called her a tink...! think i wis 'e only person that wis barred fie her place o' work....i wis allowed til sell drink, choost no buy any...:lol:

I was never in the place when it was the Yard the first time and when I was in it as Sinclairs, I thought it was a pure dive and I have never been back since.

i cana say iv bin it'ed masel....aboot 3 times since i left (wi ma dignity in tact il hev ye know) :lol:

Kevin Milkins
08-Jan-09, 01:40
What the Yard needs is a decent landlord who is big enough to stand up to all the underage fools and have zero tolerance and don't allow them in the establishment until they can prove they are of legal drinking age.

The guy who is leaving now had a zero tolerance, thats why he called it the yard.;)

Gizmo
08-Jan-09, 02:29
ats rite!! i fell oot wi june an called her a tink...! think i wis 'e only person that wis barred fie her place o' work....i wis allowed til sell drink, choost no buy any...:lol:

i cana say iv bin it'ed masel....aboot 3 times since i left (wi ma dignity in tact il hev ye know) :lol:

Right enough...i mind ye being barred when ye worked there, June was a fine woman, but a greetin faced boot at times...huffy...talk aboot huffy :lol:

And dinna ye be tellin fibs now, ye hev been in it more than 3 times since e days o June & Tom, ah served ye plenty o times when ah worked ayre

trix
09-Jan-09, 20:21
And dinna ye be tellin fibs now, ye hev been in it more than 3 times since e days o June & Tom, ah served ye plenty o times when ah worked ayre

aye...but what ye cana mind...disna count...surly??

av bin livin by at rule since i can (or cana) remember an its never let me doon ;)

anyway, i went on til much more 'sophisticated' stuff efter leavin tom an choon...i went on til 'manage' 'e golfclub...(i use 'at phrase very lightly) [lol] [lol]

hotrod4
12-Jan-09, 06:46
For a prime location it hasnt faired very well in recent years. Its a shame as its a nice pub. The missus was in it a while back and thought it was actually aimed at the "younger" market with the machines that was in the place. I like a pint. not watch some teenager bash the living daylight out of a machine!!!!

Kevin Milkins
12-Jan-09, 09:00
For a prime location it hasnt faired very well in recent years. Its a shame as its a nice pub. The missus was in it a while back and thought it was actually aimed at the "younger" market with the machines that was in the place. I like a pint. not watch some teenager bash the living daylight out of a machine!!!!

I walked past there the other day and there was a lorry loading up all the game machines so now is your chance for a quiet pint.

Gizmo
12-Jan-09, 09:39
Yeah...the place is closed...and long before the lease is finished, just like i said it would be in the thread that got deleted, so much for all the defensive talk from the landlord on here.

dogman
12-Jan-09, 20:36
Yeah...the place is closed...and long before the lease is finished, just like i said it would be in the thread that got deleted, so much for all the defensive talk from the landlord on here.

I dont think many people were surprised when the doors closed.
The guy bummed things up too much on here, shot himself in the foot a few times.
I never thought i would see the place quieter than when nigel was running it but i was wrong.
Hopefully someone will come in and revive what was once the best bar in the town.

Amy-Winehouse
13-Jan-09, 14:17
I dont think many people were surprised when the doors closed.
The guy bummed things up too much on here, shot himself in the foot a few times.
I never thought i would see the place quieter than when nigel was running it but i was wrong.
Hopefully someone will come in and revive what was once the best bar in the town.

I agree, it is the best pub in town but it does need a half decent bar manager in charge & not someone inexperienced like the last 2 occupants.

I will go back once new ownership has taken over though

trix
13-Jan-09, 17:42

yeah...an bring back some o' 'e original staff ;)

hev til ensure 'at ban is lifted first tho :lol:

dogman
14-Jan-09, 18:03
yeah...an bring back some o' 'e original staff ;)

hev til ensure 'at ban is lifted first tho :lol:

lol:)

I served my time!
After my 3 months it turned out that i was never actually barred, or so it was put to me.

trix
14-Jan-09, 18:10
lol:)

I served my time!
After my 3 months it turned out that i was never actually barred, or so it was put to me.

oh...i doot there wis any question whether i wis really barred or no [lol]

barred wi a capital B!!