PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rock Star

ianmac
07-Jan-09, 20:43
Ok, he's maybe not quite a 'rock star' in most peoples eyes, but I've just heard that Ron Asheton died yesterday.
For those of you who've never heard of him, he was the guitarist in The Stooges. I'm just glad that he got a chance to play with the Stooges again following their reunion a few years ago.

the_big_mac
07-Jan-09, 22:26
Ok, he's maybe not quite a 'rock star' in most peoples eyes, but I've just heard that Ron Asheton died yesterday.
For those of you who've never heard of him, he was the guitarist in The Stooges. I'm just glad that he got a chance to play with the Stooges again following their reunion a few years ago.

As in Iggy Pop and the stooges?

If so did he play at download festival in glasgow green in 2004?

:eek:

Metalattakk
07-Jan-09, 22:30
Yep, he would have. A sad loss, and respect is due to one of the Godfathers of the Punk movement.

RIP Ron. :(

Jeid
07-Jan-09, 22:50
As in Iggy Pop and the stooges?

"Iggy Pop... UP YE!!" :lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
08-Jan-09, 16:36
Ron wrote some of the best punk-rock riffs ever. Sad loss.

buddyrich
08-Jan-09, 17:53
Yep, he would have. A sad loss, and respect is due to one of the Godfathers of the Punk movement.

Bloody hell Kevin, you mean there was a punk musician you actually have respect for??????

Well im dumbfounded. What will Glen Tipton and KK Downing say when they hear about this?

hotrod4
09-Jan-09, 14:23
Isnt really my cup of tea, but respect where respect is due.

Metalattakk
09-Jan-09, 14:35
Bloody hell Kevin, you mean there was a punk musician you actually have respect for??????

Certainly. Just don't shove all these wannabe youngsters like the Sex Pistols or The Clash at me. None of them match up to the Stooges or the New York Dolls.

Well im dumbfounded. What will Glen Tipton and KK Downing say when they hear about this?

:D