PDA

View Full Version : what would you do??

cat
07-Jan-09, 17:10
my neighbour has a staffy that jumps out of garden and attacks other dogs,mainly mine,as where we live im probably the only person that walks past.
its male and has gone for all three of my dogs,all completely non aggresive bitches.
apparently the vet doesnt want to put it down,they did however nueter it about 6 months ago,but it went for my pup today,who thankfully out-ran it and came home(i dropped lead in the frenzy!)
i went and spoke to them and i know it must be hard but i dont think they will do anything and i dont know what to do next.sometimes i have toddler with me and i know they have kids in the house and dog is great,but would it see my toddler as 'the enemy' as she is with my dogs?thankfully she was in pram today,but quite often she wants to walk.

arana negra
07-Jan-09, 18:22
If you have spoken to them, made your concerns clear and nothing changes then I would approach them again state clearly your concerens for both other dogs and children and what you intend to do if nothing is done to control his dogs. I would record ALL incidences with dates times and any witnesses and report to the police.

I would personally have gone straight to the police and reported it at the time of first incident and all subsequent ones.

unicorn
07-Jan-09, 18:37
I would go to the police and also have your phone handy to video it on any future occassion.
The owners are obliged to keep their dog under control at all times and should do so by ensuring it cannot get out of the garden.

emszxr
07-Jan-09, 18:55
i would go to police
i was bitten, luckily the dog mostly caught my trousers, as i was delivering to a farm. i said to the owner she needs to control her dog. she then said in a giggly not caring voice, oh i just got the dog a few days ago and it bit my 3 year old daughter yesterday. i had to go to police cause if i hadnt and the child was bitten worse i wouldnt have forgiven myself for not going.

Julia
07-Jan-09, 19:07
Please do something about this and soon, go to the police or contact the local dog warden before this dog attacks you, your child or one of your dogs.

I had a similar problem with a staffy cross leaping and barking aggressively at me when I went past the fence on the way out of my house, taking the kids past was a nightmare, it only takes one snap! Seeing the neighbour taking it for walks in a huge muzzle (the dog not the neighbour) did not reassure me any!

binbob
07-Jan-09, 19:30
If you have spoken to them, made your concerns clear and nothing changes then I would approach them again state clearly your concerens for both other dogs and children and what you intend to do if nothing is done to control his dogs. I would record ALL incidences with dates times and any witnesses and report to the police.

I would personally have gone straight to the police and reported it at the time of first incident and all subsequent ones.

i agree with this..u must tell the police before something terrible happens.