PDA

View Full Version : Where will we go?

johndy
02-Feb-06, 16:42
Am planning going out for a meal with some of the family this weekend, anyone have any recomendations on where to go in Caithness. Not a pub! but somewhere we are able to take the children?

thanks
johndy

jay
02-Feb-06, 16:47
we had a really good meal in liquid bar at the bowling alley, can be quite noisy on a Saturday night tho!

Central also a good place to eat - good choice of food for kids, we usually sit in the restaurant bit instead of the bar

cookie
02-Feb-06, 16:49
woz in the upper deck at the weekend for a meal and it was fab,also had the kids with me too.Hope that helps you out a bit johndy.:grin:

RandomHero
02-Feb-06, 16:59
The french restaurant in Wick is very nice. Pretty resonable prices for the quality of food you get. I was there the other week, very smashing.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Feb-06, 17:00
Agree wi Jay,the Central is a good friendly place wi the kids,the bouncy castle lets the parents get on wi a blether.Its quite reasonable as well.Liquid is a bit noisy at night but is a lot quieter in the afternoon.

badger
02-Feb-06, 17:06
The french restaurant in Wick is very nice. Pretty resonable prices for the quality of food you get. I was there the other week, very smashing.
Agreed - but not really suitable for children. Portland Arms at Lybster is good and used to be child friendly but don't know whether that still applies.

RandomHero
02-Feb-06, 17:37
Well, will the children be running around trashing the joint? I think the french place is nice for anybody and everybody.

johndy
02-Feb-06, 18:15
[QUOTE=RandomHero]Well, will the children be running around trashing the joint? I think the french place is nice for anybody and everybody.[/QUOT

No they will not be running around trashing the place, they will be in adult company having a family meal, they all know how to behave and conduct themselves.

Thanks to everyone with all the suggestions.

RandomHero
02-Feb-06, 18:18
exactly. so try the french place. i was sticking up for your children because of a comment saying that the french place is not child friendly.

so, you're welcome.

badger
02-Feb-06, 21:03
Depends on the age of the children. If they are older and enjoy sitting at table eating good food then, yes, the french place is fine. If they are small and want toys and a bouncy castle then I still think it's not so good. All depends on the children and what their idea of a treat is.

Fran
03-Feb-06, 00:21
The Nethercliffe in wick does great meals for all the family in a seperate room rather than in the bar

callum
03-Feb-06, 03:00
whenever i visit halkirk i visit the ulbster its very good and child friendly so i can recomend it

angela5
03-Feb-06, 09:18
Ulbster Arms In Halkirk is a very friendly place and you get a lovely meal, Kids are more than welcome.

johndy
03-Feb-06, 12:13
Thanks to everyone who, has left a suggestion, we are going to the Castle Arms, Mey, will let you all know what we think of it!
johndy

angela5
03-Feb-06, 12:23
Thanks to everyone who, has left a suggestion, we are going to the Castle Arms, Mey, will let you all know what we think of it!
johndy

Never tried there myself..hope you have a great meal:o)

johndy
04-Feb-06, 23:43
This should be posted in the recommendations forum, but would like to let you all know what a fantasic meal we had a the Castle Arms Mey,Food was of a very high standard, staff were very friendly and meal was very reasonable priced, we will certainly be going back.

angela5
04-Feb-06, 23:46
This should be posted in the recommendations forum, but would like to let you all know what a fantasic meal we had a the Castle Arms Mey,Food was of a very high standard, staff were very friendly and very reasonable priced, we will certainly be going back

Good to hear you had a lovely meal johndy.. :o) how was the Castle Arms for taking children with you?

thickrodney
04-Feb-06, 23:56
This should be posted in the recommendations forum, but would like to let you all know what a fantasic meal we had a the Castle Arms Mey,Food was of a very high standard, staff were very friendly and meal was very reasonable priced, we will certainly be going back.

How was the service?
Was it quick?
I hope so, cause if i took the bus from Thurso, I would have 27 Minutes before the return bus (Monday to Friday).

:)

ice box
04-Feb-06, 23:59
How was the service?
Was it quick?
I hope so, cause if i took the bus from Thurso, I would have 27 Minutes before the return bus (Monday to Friday).

:)
lol........lol

willowbankbear
05-Feb-06, 00:14
How were the kids man? Did they trash the place or were they scared to move away fae the dinner table?:lol:
Was that place kid amicable? or did the waitress give them the evil eye all night?
Tell us Johndy ,We the public have a right to ken:lol:

Im going to Mackays tomorrow night so ill let you ken what like during the week

angela5
05-Feb-06, 00:17
How were the kids man? Did they trash the place or were they scared to move away fae the dinner table?:lol:
Was that place kid amicable? or did the waitress give them the evil eye all night?
Tell us Johndy ,We the public have a right to ken:lol:

Im going to Mackays tomorrow night so ill let you ken what like during the week

Are you taking any children to the Mackays? if so the waitress will be giving you the evil eye..they are not very child friendly in there.:(

johndy
05-Feb-06, 11:59
The children were made very welcome, the waiter was a very pleasant young man and the service was very quick!