PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 14th Jan

Valerie Campbell
07-Jan-09, 11:08
At 9.15am on BBC 1 we can follow the Cummings of Watten as they decide on whether they are 'Wanted Down Under.' Well, we all know they are, but just watch it anyway!! Just thought fellow Orgers would be interested.

binbob
07-Jan-09, 11:32
At 9.15am on BBC 1 we can follow the Cummings of Watten as they decide on whether they are 'Wanted Down Under.' Well, we all know they are, but just watch it anyway!! Just thought fellow Orgers would be interested.

thank u ..i will try to watch..i really like this programme.:D

anneoctober
07-Jan-09, 11:53
Valerie, you'll need to keep bumping this post cos my memory is rubbish, I love that programme but as I'm chained to a desk here at the garage will have to tape it!!:~([lol]

emszxr
07-Jan-09, 14:01
i wont see it as should be in theatre having number 3.

dakud007
07-Jan-09, 14:09
thank you for that,Valerie, i won't miss it.:)

hotrod4
07-Jan-09, 14:23
Valerie, you'll need to keep bumping this post cos my memory is rubbish, I love that programme but as I'm chained to a desk here at the garage will have to tape it!![lol]
Why would you want to "tape it"?
Is that some kind of Shebster slang for "sky+"?[lol]
0-3(he he);)

Will defo watch it i quite like the prog and it will be fun to see Costa del Watten on the googlebox

Fluff
07-Jan-09, 20:29
thats my birthday :D
might set it to record..

anneoctober
08-Jan-09, 15:02
Why would you want to "tape it"?
Is that some kind of Shebster slang for "sky+"?
0-3(he he)

Will defo watch it i quite like the prog and it will be fun to see Costa del Watten on the googlebox
Now you come to mention it Hotters......... YEAH IT IS!! [lol]
PS. revenge will be swift my friend............:evil

Valerie Campbell
13-Jan-09, 12:50
Just doing the reminder, that's all. I'm looking forward to it.

Venture
13-Jan-09, 14:06
Thanks for the reminder Valerie I have set my Sky plus to record it. It will be good to watch someone local on this programme. Looking forward to watching it.;)

anneoctober
13-Jan-09, 15:35
[quote=Venture;482971]Thanks for the reminder Valerie I have set my Sky plus to record it. It will be good to watch someone local on this programme. Looking forward to watching it./quote]
Doh ! Blondie strikes again - I set my Sky+ to record today's prog:roll:
Have set again for tomorrow:eek:

dirdyweeker
17-Jan-09, 01:18
did eventually get around to watching this programme. I'll bet they wished weather wise they'd stayed in Caithness. Their weather might have been drier.
The bit that got me the most was how the programme makers kept showing John O'Groats....."near to them in Watten". I know it is not that far in miles but it is not that close to show as an example of their homeland.
Wick would have been a better and closer example!:D

Fluff
17-Jan-09, 08:24
I don't know about anyone else, but I really do not like the format for this series, or Nikki Chapman. I much preferred the previous series.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Jan-09, 08:54
Watch it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00gslqz/Wanted_Down_Under_Series_3_Cummings/

Valerie Campbell
17-Jan-09, 16:45
Well, tomorrow is the big day for them when they leave the UK and they arrive in New Zealand on the 20th to begin their new life. If nothing else, the weather will keep them from feeling homesick!! Poor Laura was devastated that it rained so much but they've made the right decision I think.

Venture
17-Jan-09, 17:32
Thanks Valerie for giving us a catch-up on the programme. I wasn't sure if they would go or not. I think it is the right decision and wish them all the luck and success in the world. A lovely family who by the videos on the programme, will be sorely missed in Caithness.:(

Lavenderblue2
18-Jan-09, 10:30
I didn't think from the programme that they would actually go, I wish them the very best of luck.

One other thing - was it you who was the 'best friend' on the programme Valerie? You'll be feeling rather sad just now but I am sure that you are already planning your first visit.

poppett
18-Jan-09, 10:55
Thanks for the catch-up. That was my only criticism about the programme format, that they didn`t tell us if the families went abroad to live or not. Maybe they plan a series next year to bring us up to date with everyone.

ett23
18-Jan-09, 11:39
Well, tomorrow is the big day for them when they leave the UK and they arrive in New Zealand on the 20th to begin their new life. If nothing else, the weather will keep them from feeling homesick!! Poor Laura was devastated that it rained so much but they've made the right decision I think.

I just watched the programme, it was lovely to learn more about the family and find out a bit about New Zealand. I always thought it had similar weather to Australia - but apparently not! Still looks gorgeous though...
It was very moving when we were watching the friends and family tell them how much they'll be missed. That's always going to be tough - no one really wants to leave their loved ones behind, but I have to say having been through a move not too long ago it makes you appreciate your friends and family even more (and them you!). And you get quality time with them when they come to visit!!!
Hope it all goes well for them and they settle in quickly. Glad to hear they're taking the plunge despite very mixed feelings on the programme! :D

floyed
18-Jan-09, 11:42
Who is the family??? Have the done something special or is it just that they are from watten.

ett23
18-Jan-09, 12:45
Who is the family??? Have the done something special or is it just that they are from watten.

No they're not particularly special - only to the people who know them! But they're local and it's worth watching the programme even if you never knew them! It was really interesting.

floyed
18-Jan-09, 13:39
No they're not particularly special - only to the people who know them! But they're local and it's worth watching the programme even if you never knew them! It was really interesting.

right i see, was just curious:D

Valerie Campbell
18-Jan-09, 19:28
I didn't think from the programme that they would actually go, I wish them the very best of luck.

One other thing - was it you who was the 'best friend' on the programme Valerie? You'll be feeling rather sad just now but I am sure that you are already planning your first visit.

No, that wasn't me but I've known the family for years and my girls were really upset when Sarah said they were heading off. However since then, they've come round to the idea and are now pestering us to emigrate to be near them!! The lady who was on was one of Sarah's friend's mum.