PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cards

Fran
07-Jan-09, 04:27
I was reading all my christmas cards today, before i put them to the recycle box at Tesco, and was very pleased to notice that 90% of them were in aid of cancer research or macmillan cancer care.
I think more people are buying charity cards now which is so good. I got mine for macmillan and for cancer research.
What charities to others pick or do you not bother?

binbob
07-Jan-09, 10:55
I was reading all my christmas cards today, before i put them to the recycle box at Tesco, and was very pleased to notice that 90% of them were in aid of cancer research or macmillan cancer care.
I think more people are buying charity cards now which is so good. I got mine for macmillan and for cancer research.
What charities to others pick or do you not bother?

ASTHMA,DIABETES,OSTEOPOROSIS,OSTEOARTHRITIS,HEARIN G DOGS,DOGS TRUST...............i do not usually buy cancer charity ones.......i think it is oversubscribed[even though i also have lost folk to cancer]but there are many conditions that folk have to deal with and get no support whatso ever.
i think it is important to spread money around in charities.only my opinion.

poppett
07-Jan-09, 10:57
Have a Highland Hospice calendar for the kitchen as it is the right size and format for the space I have and the things I need to note down.

Had some Macmillan cards this year and cancer research too, but donated to the "Vine Trust" in lieu of some cards. This is the charity who run hospital ships up the Amazon and my OH`s urologist was there twice last year for two weeks at a time. Must admit on a few cards this year I said next year we would be making a bigger charity donation and would hope to include "Crossroads" in that and Macmillan.

The postage for cards and calendars is becoming crippling, hence another good reason for a cheque to a favourite charity.

anneoctober
07-Jan-09, 12:06
Must admit, I always buy from charities at xmas for pressies, in fact all through year where I can. We don't send cards any more, just put advert in e Groat. Do recycle cards received though...! ;)