PDA

View Full Version : antisocial cat

Dadie
06-Jan-09, 13:20
My 6month old cat has recently started to poo in the sink in the back place which I sorted by keeping the sink filled with water but now he has moved on to the bathroom sink.He has a very nice litter tray that is cleaned out everyday which he will use as well!

Any advice on this would be appreciated otherwise it will be more than his baubles getting the chop this month!

Julia
06-Jan-09, 13:40
I've read that leaving crumpled tin foil under a thin layer of newspaper will probably scare the cat enough to make him avoid the sink in future. The idea is that the newspaper is ok but he won't like the sound the tin foil makes or the way it feels.

AfternoonDelight
06-Jan-09, 13:45
Keep the door shut.

Dadie
06-Jan-09, 14:08
forgot to say that keeping the bathroom door shut is not an option as I am potty training Lauren and she cannot manage the bathroom door. So to aviod her from having accidents in her pants the door is left open....

Dadie
06-Jan-09, 15:02
might try the tinfoil ... I cannot have all the sinks in the house filled with water all the time... the plug in the bathroom sink doesnt seem to fit as well as the other sinks as the water drains away faster!

Just hope the the cat does not get any ideas about the kitchen sink!

AfternoonDelight
06-Jan-09, 17:11
forgot to say that keeping the bathroom door shut is not an option as I am potty training Lauren and she cannot manage the bathroom door. So to aviod her from having accidents in her pants the door is left open....

Ahh..................

Kathy@watten
06-Jan-09, 17:49
Have you tried leaving his tray a bit less clean so he associates it as his place to poop? or try a cat repellant I have some of this! or try some new plugs for the sinks? all a bit minging really if all else fails i personally would chuck him outside to do all his business!!!

Dadie
06-Jan-09, 21:47
Frodo goes out for ages (I forget to let him back in for an hour or 2) then he comes in and goes to the loo in his tray or the sink or as I just noticed the plant pots on the windowsill (containing cacti ) then wants fed or out again!

Liz
06-Jan-09, 23:17
Try a Feliway diffuser (www.vetuk.co.uk).

I know someone whose cat used to poop in their bath and it stopped once they got this.

Worth a try.

Liz
06-Jan-09, 23:24
Found this http://www.our-happy-cat.com/cat-poop.html

ShelleyCowie
07-Jan-09, 00:16
My cat sometimes poops in the bath! :roll: Even if u let him out which we do constantly (he wont use a litter tray at all)

Suppose...its close to the toilet! He hasn't done it in a while though thank goodness! Cleaning poo out the bath is one of the daily chores i would rather skip!

Julia
07-Jan-09, 00:34
How about borrowing a large ravenous dog to leave in your bathroom sink for a wee while

A9RUNNER
07-Jan-09, 02:32
Cats are a law unto themselves our moggie is a right royal pain but at least she doesnt crap in the sink. She spends most of her time outside killing little fluffy animals instead.

Dadie
07-Jan-09, 10:36
Poor Poppy dog is too soft, the cat runs rings round her, she lets him off with everything... even when Frodo is hanging around her neck she wont tell him off...just looks at me as if to say Mum cant you deal with him he is bugging me:lol:

Kevin Milkins
08-Jan-09, 01:51
We used to have a very clever cat. It used to go down to the bottom of the garden and dig a hole, have a poop then fill the hole in.

How clever is that?:Razz

Aaldtimer
08-Jan-09, 04:33
Aye Kev, fine and clever if it's your garden and not someone else's seedbed!;)

Dadie
08-Jan-09, 14:02
Wish I could train him to use the loo at the same time as potty training Lauren!

superceltic
08-Jan-09, 22:16
Wish I could train him to use the loo at the same time as potty training Lauren!

u can actually train a cat to use the toilet, you get something out of pets at home that you put under the toilet seat, must be like a scent thing!! all you would have to do is train the cat to pull the chain and clean any possible skid marks :lol:

Dadie
08-Jan-09, 22:46
But would he leave the loo seat up...

Angela
08-Jan-09, 23:32
My cat favoured the bath for a while when I first brought her home from the dog & cat home. A joyful start to my day! :eek:

I'd sprayed throughout with Feliway -recommended by Liz -but hadn't thought I'd need to use it in the bathroom, so perhaps it was a form of marking in a new home....

I did then start using the Feliway in the bathroom in case that would help, but tried to remember to keep the door shut. Since then she's steered clear of the bath -but then she hasn't had many opportunities to use it!

She doesn't seem to like to poop actually on the cat litter (and I've tried various kinds) tho' she's perfectly happy to pee on it. For some reason known only to herself, she seems to favour a hard flat surface, and as I use litter tray liners, she kicks the liner out of the way so that she can use a corner of the tray itself, without any litter, or liner, to poop on. :roll:

Not ideal maybe, but a lot better than the bath! ;)

Dadie
13-Jan-09, 22:35
Satans beast has just pooped n both sinks today!
We thought we had the problem solved!
Any more suggestions please .... concrete boots might be a bt drastic!