PDA

View Full Version : Suprise possibly!

Angel
05-Jan-09, 23:47
Isnt it funny how we build up a picture of some-one in places like the Org or chatrooms... our minds wander and create all sorts of images of who they are and how they look.
Then the time comes when you meet... Sometimes it is a pleasent experience, sometimes a dissapointment...

Have you ever been suprised by some-one you though you knew when you met?

Angel x

trix
06-Jan-09, 01:02
i got close wi an orger when i first joined ye's lot, i telt her all ma secret stories, drunken ramblins in 'e middle o' 'e night, hissy fits when PMT wis at its worst, who i love an who i dina....all 'at kinda stuff - some o'ed kwite embarrassin :eek:

when she came til see me it wis great, hed denner an stuff...but it wisna 'e same as chattin awie on 'e keyboard. we were both thinkin, rite cana wait til get back on line so we can hev a guid auld blether :lol:

still speak til her every day an planin goin doon for a weekend when i pass ma test.

iv come til 'e conclusion that its wur minds that are mates - mind mate ;)

ar1ling
06-Jan-09, 01:41
i made a lot of friends through internet, and some of them are really close, we even share all the secerets. but i never thought of meeting them, i bet there will be a lot of surprises if we meet.:)

Gizmo
06-Jan-09, 01:49
I've not met any Orgers that i don't already know, or know who they are, but i do have some preconceptions about how a few orgers look, preconceptions which i won't disclose in case i end up getting lynched :lol:, i'm quite sure that Kevin Milkins does not look like a younger version of Captain Birds Eye :lol:

And for anyone wondering what Trix looks like, well...her avatar is a pretty fair representation of the fine lass :D

ar1ling
06-Jan-09, 01:58
what about you,gizmo, is the little cute kitten representation of you

A9RUNNER
06-Jan-09, 02:04
I have met many folk through the internet from chatting on forums and such like. I dont think anyone I have met has surprised me in any way. But then again I dont tend to make preconceived judgements about folk. I take every one at face value when I meet them face to face. Written chat on forums does not give a true picture of someones personality.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/JAmadeo/internet_tough_guy.jpg

Fran
06-Jan-09, 03:35
I have met a few orgers and they have all been very nice people. haven't met a bad one .....yet!!

ar1ling
06-Jan-09, 03:43
you haven't met a bad one yet, just bcoz you had not met me yet[lol]:lol:

haven't met a bad one .....yet!!

Gizmo
06-Jan-09, 12:53
what about you,gizmo, is the little cute kitten representation of you

That's not a kitten, that's Gizmo...from the movie Gremlins, he is cute though.

As for me, i'm more like a shaved pitbull :lol:

honey
06-Jan-09, 13:00
i married the 1st person i met on the net! and another person is one of my best friends..

ShelleyCowie
06-Jan-09, 13:09
i only know a small handful of people on here! Mainly family! And they picked on me for being on here so much! But now..they are starting to get addicted to the org! Welcome to my side! Lol

But u all seem very nice and i have come across a few people who know my parents or something! :D

trix
06-Jan-09, 19:41
And for anyone wondering what Trix looks like, well...her avatar is a pretty fair representation of the fine lass :D

cheers giz ;)

Dorrie
06-Jan-09, 23:19
I have met a lot of people whom I first talked to on the internet. I got chatting to them in the game I play and then informed my hubby that I was going away on a trip to the West Coast of Scotland to meet up with one guy I had met! It wasn't as bad as it seemed, he had his wife and children with him! lol Since then I have stayed with them and we have a clan meet each year which is great.
However, yes, I have had preconceived ideas about what they will be like and have had some surprises. :lol:
On the whole I have had many, many good experiences with people that I have met online although I must say that I have had two bad experiences with people that I didn't meet - and wouldn't meet. They were a bit scary though. :(

Moira
06-Jan-09, 23:46
I've met quite a few Caithness.Orgers. I've been surprised on occasions but never disappointed. :)