PDA

View Full Version : Boarding Dog Kennels

Venture
02-Feb-06, 11:17
Can anyone help me here by recommending good boarding kennels for my two dogs in the area of Wick. Anyone tried any of them and who should I avoid. Have heard some awful stories about the condition of dogs when owners have returned so would like some information from anyone. Thanks.

paris
02-Feb-06, 13:01
PM porshie, she will know.

paris
02-Feb-06, 13:01

paris
02-Feb-06, 13:02

JAWS
02-Feb-06, 13:21
You could try Ramscraigs at Dunbeath, they look to be well kept.

JAWS

JAWS

Tyke
02-Feb-06, 17:46
Can anyone help me here by recommending good boarding kennels for my two dogs in the area of Wick. Anyone tried any of them and who should I avoid. Have heard some awful stories about the condition of dogs when owners have returned so would like some information from anyone. Thanks.
Try Ramscraigs Kennels on 01593 731305. Graham would be happy to show you round so that you could make up your own mind. You could also get your dogs groomed by a professional with 12 years experience during their stay.. I would advise that you personally check any Kennel before booking so that you don't worry whilst you are away.

Liz
02-Feb-06, 19:00
I have heard very good reports about Ramscraig and would have no hesitation in putting my dog to stay there.

My dog hasn't been to the boarding kennels but he does go there to be groomed and is looked after so well.
I have also seen the dogs in the kennels and they all look really happy and well cared for and saw Graham and his staff taking them out for play and exercise and they were great with the dogs!

Well done on researching a nice place for your dog to stay!:o)

JAWS
02-Feb-06, 19:03
My previous Triple Post was not me being pushy, it was a glitch on the system system system.

Biker
02-Feb-06, 19:10
Ramscraig is very good and I have no problem putting my dog there. You just need to book early as Graham gets busy quickly, especially around school holidays.

I cannot recommend any other kennel in the area.

BRIE
03-Feb-06, 22:37
longreen kennels nr keiss. my dog loves it & theyre cheaper than ramscraig.

hammers
03-Feb-06, 23:52
Last time my dog was in longreen,i arrived early to pick her up and she was in the bottom kennel,with all the yuck of the day running past her.Pay a bit xtra for your dogs happiness and go to ramscraig you`ll feel better too.

Tristan
04-Feb-06, 06:47
longreen kennels nr keiss. my dog loves it & theyre cheaper than ramscraig.

Avoid Longreen kennels at all costs!!!! they are miserable, dirty, filthy.

I've heard Ramscraigs are good, but I've never been able to get my dog in, cuz they're always fully booked. There's another very good kennel which I can recommend, down by Dornoch.

krieve
04-Feb-06, 12:38
I have also heard also heard to avoid longreen at all cost .

connieb19
04-Feb-06, 12:42
I have also heard also heard to avoid longreen at all cost .Do they have a cattery there, my mum watches the dog while i'm on holiday but I usually put the cat to zoe's cattery..:o) I know a friend who put her dog to Longreen but I never heard what it was like..I must ask her..

Tyke
04-Feb-06, 15:35
Avoid Longreen kennels at all costs!!!! they are miserable, dirty, filthy.

I've heard Ramscraigs are good, but I've never been able to get my dog in, cuz they're always fully booked. There's another very good kennel which I can recommend, down by Dornoch.
Just for info. The owner of Ramscraigs tells me he is building a new extension which should be open by May. Also he only fills up early during school holidays. There are vacancies at other times.

Venture
07-Feb-06, 13:30
Big Thank-you to everyone who gave advice on this thread have now managed to book the dogs in for July at Ramscraigs. Just in time by all accounts as Graham is well on his way to being full up for July.So if you want to get your dog in I suggest you phone ASAP.