PDA

View Full Version : Wick Market Sq New Year

Camra
05-Jan-09, 23:07
Any constructive critism on the street party most welcome. What was good and not so good ?
I noticed the Bells were on time this year !

ar1ling
06-Jan-09, 02:24
it was a good party,2008 was a taugh year, the street party is a good chance for people came out having fun,relaxing. however, i saw quite a few youngsters throwing up in the market square,many drunk ones are no more than 15 yrs old,they were swearing and arguing so lound that i hardly heard the music played by the band.[disgust]

Fran
07-Jan-09, 04:24
There was just one small bunch of youngsters together in front of the stage but the police moved them on. It was a good night, no trouble as usual and everyone enjoyed themselves. It was nice to see the lit up time on woolworths wall, and great that it was dry and not too cold.
A lot of thanks is due to the organisers who give up so much time and work so hard to give everyone a good night. Nice to see so many visitors.

dirdyweeker
07-Jan-09, 11:03
the street party is what you make of it. I was there, as were many others. Yes some were drunk but I was not aware of any untoward behaviour, good friendly banter. The Police were in attendance and very sociable. Music was very good, liked the band and the Pipers. Did notice the time displayed on Woollies wall and appreciated the fact that all could see it.
Obviously a lot of forward planning and effort by the organisers.
Not exactly "constructive critisism".......but did notice my photo not in the Groat!:lol: (thankfully)

Kirdon
07-Jan-09, 13:10
the street party is what you make of it. I was there, as were many others. Yes some were drunk but I was not aware of any untoward behaviour, good friendly banter. The Police were in attendance and very sociable. Music was very good, liked the band and the Pipers. Did notice the time displayed on Woollies wall and appreciated the fact that all could see it.
Obviously a lot of forward planning and effort by the organisers.
Not exactly "constructive critisism".......but did notice my photo not in the Groat!:lol: (thankfully)

Sorry, They couldn't print the photo as they didn't want to scare the bairns reading the paper.

dirdyweeker
07-Jan-09, 13:44
Hehe.......quite!

LENSMAN
07-Jan-09, 18:34
Great night, pipers were magic.
Well done to the organisers.