PDA

View Full Version : Signs that you have grown up.....

elaine
01-Feb-06, 23:23
1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.

2. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.

3. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

4. You hear your favourite song in a lift.

5. You watch the History and Weather Channels.

6. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "break up."

7. You go from 130 days of holiday time to 14.

9. Jeans and a jumper no longer qualify as "dressed up."

10. You don't know what time MacDonalds closes anymore.

11. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.

12. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.

13. You take naps.

14. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

15. Eating a kebab at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.

16. You go to the chemist for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.

17. A £3.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff."

18. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

19. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."

20. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.

21. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.

22. When you find out your friend is pregnant you congratulate them instead of asking "Oh no.. what the hell happened?"

Bonus:

23: You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save your sorry old butt. Then you forward it to a bunch of old pals & friends 'cause you know they'll enjoy it & do the same.

Any other signs of growing up??

golach
01-Feb-06, 23:27
1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.

2. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.

3. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

4. You hear your favourite song in a lift.

5. You watch the History and Weather Channels.

6. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "break up."

7. You go from 130 days of holiday time to 14.

9. Jeans and a jumper no longer qualify as "dressed up."

10. You don't know what time MacDonalds closes anymore.

11. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.

12. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.

13. You take naps.

14. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

15. Eating a kebab at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.

16. You go to the chemist for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.

17. A £3.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff."

18. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

19. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."

20. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.

21. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.

22. When you find out your friend is pregnant you congratulate them instead of asking "Oh no.. what the hell happened?"

Bonus:

23: You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save your sorry old butt. Then you forward it to a bunch of old pals & friends 'cause you know they'll enjoy it & do the same.

Any other signs of growing up??

24. when teenagers disrespect you

krieve
01-Feb-06, 23:27
Good one elaine

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 23:29
More frequent trips to the hairdressers......and not to try and keep up with the latest fashion either!!

You may wear a skirt occasionally?

Your car insurance is much cheaper!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Feb-06, 00:04
When all your favourite programmes you used to watch as a kid have got 'classic' episode next to them in the T.V guide in the paper.

Rheghead
02-Feb-06, 00:12
When you finally realise that there is no point in renewing your Friendsreunited membership or having an email alert to updates to your school year list.

JAWS
02-Feb-06, 00:33
When the graffiti stops getting higher up the wall! :lol:

paris
02-Feb-06, 01:20
No more visits to the dentist..... you wear falsies now !

lasher
02-Feb-06, 01:22
looks like i have grown up!!!!

The Enigma
02-Feb-06, 01:29
LOL... Think I've still got a bit of growing up to do :p

wickerinca
02-Feb-06, 01:44
I've still got my own teeth so I suppose I have a few years of maturing to do!!!

Mind you.....if I was a man I would only be entering my second childhood.....or would it be my third. Hmmm?[evil] :lol:

Saveman
02-Feb-06, 13:00
....when you grunt while picking up stuff from the floor.

Alice in Blunderland
02-Feb-06, 14:43
....when you grunt while picking up stuff from the floor.
When you realise you cant bend to reach the floor...:lol:

Saveman
02-Feb-06, 15:38
When you wear gloves because you're cold, not just because you're having a snowball fight!

cuddlepop
02-Feb-06, 16:04
When the thought of a late night fills you with dread.
You'd rather drink horlicks than another alcoholic drink before bed .
Your kids says in the olden age when refering to your childhood
You cant keep up with the dog
You turn the tele up rather than go for a hearing test.
You start looking and acting like your mother.......scarey:Razz

Rheghead
03-Feb-06, 00:20
When you are recognising more names in the obituary column than in the marriages column of the Groat.

landmarker
03-Feb-06, 00:23
When you wear gloves because you're cold, not just because you're having a snowball fight!

and when, on leaving work having forgotten yer gloves, you walk back forty yards to the truck to get them just in case it's 'cold again in the morning'
(I did that tonight)

I can empathise with the 'grunting whilst bending down too'

squidge
03-Feb-06, 00:26
When you fall asleep in the chair at the hairdressers while waiting for the dye that covers your grey to "take" and are left to snooze by the wee girl thats doing your hair cos "you must have needed it":eyes

connieb19
03-Feb-06, 00:28
When someone offers you their seat on the bus or helps you cross the road..lol:Razz

angela5
03-Feb-06, 00:30
When you fall asleep in the chair at the hairdressers while waiting for the dye that covers your grey to "take" and are left to snooze by the wee girl thats doing your hair cos "you must have needed it":eyes

Lol..that happens to me all the time, i nodded off as well while i was getting a facial i was left for ten minutes with the steam machine on me it was my own snore that woke me up..how embarassing.

lasher
03-Feb-06, 00:30
looks like i have grown up!!!!
Changed ma mind, don't think i have and don't want to too much fun.:evil

connieb19
03-Feb-06, 00:32
Changed ma mind, don't think i have and don't want to too much fun.:evilYou sure you don't mean you've sobered up now lasher...lol;) :o)

angela5
03-Feb-06, 00:34
When young kids point at you and say "that wifie".:cry:

connieb19
03-Feb-06, 00:39
When young kids point at you and say "that wifie".:cry:GGGGrrrrrrr Angela, I hate being called a wifie..lol[mad] :D

krieve
03-Feb-06, 09:04
GGGGrrrrrrr Angela, I hate being called a wifie..lol[mad] :D
My man calls me that and his brother it makes me mad grrrrrrr

angela5
03-Feb-06, 09:11
When you are asked for your bus pass.

When you are invited to the senior citizens dinner dance.:evil

paris
03-Feb-06, 09:30
When you start wearing BIG knickers, not thongs anymore because your butt eats them ( for the girls ) and wear glasses that sit on the end of your nose when you used to go to see grandma.

connieb19
03-Feb-06, 09:38
When you start wearing BIG knickers, not thongs anymore because your butt eats them ( for the girls ) and wear glasses that sit on the end of your nose when you used to go to see grandma.I thought my big knickers were back in fashion..lol:eek:

lassieinfife
03-Feb-06, 09:50
I thought my big knickers were back in fashion..lol:eek:

its when you wear big knickers because you cant stand your bum being cold lol

angela5
03-Feb-06, 12:29
its when you wear big knickers because you cant stand your bum being cold lol

Or you feel better because all of your bum is in them [lol]

_Ju_
03-Feb-06, 15:10
When young kids point at you and say "that wifie".:cry:

Then my son is in trouble with you: he is three and I asked him the other day what he did at play group and he rattled off a list of boy's that he had played with.I asked him if he didn't play with any girls and after a second of thought he replied: Yes mummy, I played with the wee wifies too!!! ( I had to pull over I was laughing too much).

Whitewater
03-Feb-06, 16:49
I've still got my own teeth so I suppose I have a few years of maturing to do!!!

Mind you.....if I was a man I would only be entering my second childhood.....or would it be my third. Hmmm?[evil] :lol:

It would just be your second, I've reached mine and no sign of ever getting out of it as yet

connieb19
03-Feb-06, 16:54
When you start buying your clothes out of Mackay's...

wickerinca
03-Feb-06, 17:26

Been there.....so embarrassing:o [lol]

wickerinca
03-Feb-06, 17:28
When you start buying your clothes out of Mackay's...

I know!!!!!...it is so frightening!! I bought a couple of blouses and cut the labels off them!!!!!![lol] [lol]

wickerinca
03-Feb-06, 17:30
It would just be your second, I've reached mine and no sign of ever getting out of it as yet

Still at the toy collecting stage then?:lol: My problem is that the next toy I want is a Harley so I can cruise along the highways. A black one with lots of shiny chrome!!!

angela5
03-Feb-06, 17:35
When you start shopping in Turners for firm control underwear and push-up bras..:lol:

connieb19
03-Feb-06, 17:38
When you start shopping in Turners for firm control underwear and push-up bras..:lol:haha, and I thought my big bloomers were bad..lol[para]

angela5
03-Feb-06, 17:42
haha, and I thought my big bloomers were bad..lol[para]

I have'nt resorted to BIG bloomers yet connie but i'm sure time will catch up on me pretty quick..

Also a sign is when you go searching for thermal underwear:roll:

connieb19
03-Feb-06, 23:25
when you only get your legs waxed once in a blue moon..cos noone is seeing them anyway..:roll:

nicnak
04-Feb-06, 00:25
you can put up with ridiculous extremes of pressure and people and just laugh at them whereas before you'd of thrown a tantrum!

angela5
04-Feb-06, 00:34
you can put up with ridiculous extremes of pressure and people and just laugh at them whereas before you'd of thrown a tantrum!

Thats very true nicnak..i also feel you get wiser as you age:o)

nicnak
04-Feb-06, 00:35
Having just put on a daft post about a buffaloo on another thread, I think i may not have grown up or maybe its just my sense of humour that hasn't!