PDA

View Full Version : I err, can't, umm, think, err, umm what to umm call err, umm this err thread!!

brokencross
04-Jan-09, 19:07
Our illustrious leader, Gordon Brown was doing the rounds of the radio and television studios today telling us all what a brilliant job he is doing in "saving the world".
I was amazed at how poor a speaker he is when he is not reading from an autocue or speech script and having to think on the hoof.
His answers to every single question whether it be about Iraq, Afghanistan, the world economic problems..even more light hearted stuff, anything at all, was more than littered with err, umm, nervous coughs, err umms. Literally every third or fourth word was err, umm or a wee "clearing the throat" type cough.
It would appear his mouth can work faster than his brain and the err, umms are to give his brain time to catch up and not drop himself in the proverbial.

Anyone else hear him and notice this.

Kodiak
04-Jan-09, 19:25
Nothing new about this as our "Great Leader" has never been exactly a Great Speaker.

He stumbles and stutters his way through questions and if asked a pointed question that is in anyway unexpected he is at a complete loss.

ciderally
04-Jan-09, 19:42
err ..ummmm...time for a change me thinks...will the tories give us some dentists on N.H.S...cant get on a list anywhare....err ummm nought to do with this post..just having a moan...sorry

alanabain
04-Jan-09, 19:56
i never watched this "great" speech.

But it sounds to me that it represents the way the economy is at the moment...... a shambles,

If he isn't confident enough to speak about what his job is about. Is he really confident enough to represent the country.

Welcomefamily
04-Jan-09, 20:14
Its always better to put your mind in gear before your mouth is in motion, I met some very clever people over the years, and many of them would think before they gave an answer. You could just about see them chewing over the concept, but they did give an answer.

Inverness has got a big new dental centre.

Kenn
04-Jan-09, 21:11
Well ,actually,errr, gimme a moment, ummm,cough, what was the question?

Waves papers about, nope that was last week!