PDA

View Full Version : kids summer party.

balto
03-Jan-09, 17:08
just been having a conversation with a fellow orger, discussing our sons 1st birthdays, and we have come to the decision that it would be really good to have a summer party for all our kids, as it always seems to be the adults that get the nights out, it would be nice to give the kids something aswell, but we dont want to go ahead unless we know some of you would be interested. Kids of all ages welcome.

router
03-Jan-09, 17:11
I think our kids would love that, so you can add ours to the list

nicnic74
03-Jan-09, 17:46
Count me in to, my kids love a party

Kathy@watten
03-Jan-09, 17:50
This would need to be in the form of a beach style picnic party as I am sure between us all there are a lot of kids, but sounds like a good idea, mine would be up for it and I would happily bake a wee something....mind you think we all aould have to get our chef hats on for it!

Bobbyian
03-Jan-09, 20:51
Go for it Balto
Take the toys away give them wellies , water , Beach and a bit of wood and string and they´ll have a great time and maybe a Tent Night out now thats what I call a Party..
seriously give them a good time.

Dadie
03-Jan-09, 22:49
Lauren would be up for a party. Its her fave word at the moment.

If its on the beach Iona could join your little one Balto in eating the sand:lol:

It would be handy if you are going to organise this to know the ages and numbers of kids in each age range for activities and games if there are going to be any.. or is it going to be a get together just let them play type of thing?

balto
03-Jan-09, 23:05
Lauren would be up for a party. Its her fave word at the moment.

If its on the beach Iona could join your little one Balto in eating the sand:lol:

It would be handy if you are going to organise this to know the ages and numbers of kids in each age range for activities and games if there are going to be any.. or is it going to be a get together just let them play type of thing?
this is why we thought we would first see what sort of interest we had in the party idea, then work out how many kids and what ages roughly they would be so we could arrange activities for them, so far it seems like everyone would attend.

Dadie
03-Jan-09, 23:12
It sounds good but a lot of hard work in organising and financing may be needed.

I hope this party will happen :lol:

balto
03-Jan-09, 23:14
It sounds good but a lot of hard work in organising and financing may be needed.

I hope this party will happen :lol:
well we are hoping that as we are having it outdoors that will save us there, plus if we get all the parents going to take an item of food along then it will work out ok, then all we would need was a few prizes which wouldnt break the bank i am sure.

Dadie
03-Jan-09, 23:26
Caithness weather does not permit planning outdoor parties without backup indoor facilities being available (even if the weather is good it is handy to have tea/coffee making handy and a loo or 2)

Have had experience of outdoor events being cancelled in the middle of summer due to hail, wind and rain before....

Village hall somewhere...(just incase)

BBQ food crisps and juice (could charge for them and any profits could be used for a local charity )

ShelleyCowie
04-Jan-09, 00:29
I think this sounds like a really good idea! My wee one will still be little (not even 1) by the time the summer comes...but i would still like to take him. Get to meet some other parents of the Org, and i love watching kids play and build social skills outside of school!

Think it does them good to meet other kids that are not in the same class. So i want to start mines early! Lol!

I really hope this happens!

need to build a plan tho balto, see how much money it is going to cost for food, juice, activities, back up hall incase it rains etc etc...

Maybe some people will put together some money for the summer, i can donate some towards it.....or a fund raiser!

Oh am as giddy as a kid now! lol!

grumpy1
04-Jan-09, 00:33
well we are hoping that as we are having it outdoors that will save us there, plus if we get all the parents going to take an item of food along then it will work out ok, then all we would need was a few prizes which wouldnt break the bank i am sure.

if yr looking for prizes im sure the adults would donate the odd item.. and the chances are if its outside and on the beach i reckon games will be the last thing on their minds.. sea sand and party food im sure will have any kid sold...

ShelleyCowie
04-Jan-09, 00:34
if yr looking for prizes im sure the adults would donate the odd item.. and the chances are if its outside and on the beach i reckon games will be the last thing on their minds.. sea sand and party food im sure will have any kid sold...

What do u mean any kid....u got me sold! Lol! ;)

grumpy1
04-Jan-09, 00:36
Caithness weather does not permit planning outdoor parties without backup indoor facilities being available (even if the weather is good it is handy to have tea/coffee making handy and a loo or 2)

Have had experience of outdoor events being cancelled in the middle of summer due to hail, wind and rain before....

Village hall somewhere...(just incase)

BBQ food crisps and juice (could charge for them and any profits could be used for a local charity )
maybe the legion they have a nice size back room...perfect to let kids go wild.. plus a bar to keep the adults sane...lol.(only joking)

young_fishin_neep
04-Jan-09, 00:43
this sounds like a brill idea, the comunity halll in scrabsters only a couple of pound an hour ( only know as mums had to book it before) it nice and big and with the big garden bit to play in

xxxx

purplelady
04-Jan-09, 00:45
have no young kids hehehehehe but would be happy to help out x

balto
04-Jan-09, 14:15
have no young kids hehehehehe but would be happy to help out x
kids of any age will be welcome, from 0-99 lol

Nibbler
04-Jan-09, 14:29
kids of any age will be welcome, from 0-99 lol

That is good to know cos here is another two you can count in - me and e little aine. :roll:

balto
04-Jan-09, 14:45
well by the response we have had, it looks like it would be a hit, so anyone the definatly would like to come if they could pm me with the no of kids and ages, so we can work out different activities and things. just need to figure out where to have it, but will have consult my partner in crime.

forevera123
04-Jan-09, 15:52
that is very good idea. then kids have a chance of meeting more people and making more friends.excellent suggestion!:D[quote=balto;477402] and we have come to the decision that it would be really good to have a summer party for all our kids, as it always seems to be the adults that get the nights out, it would be nice to give the kids something aswell, quote]

balto
04-Jan-09, 22:36
need more people to see this, so bump back to the top it goes.

mccaugm
04-Jan-09, 22:52
My parents were having a family party in their garden. My dad built a splat the rat, got some barrels (hes a cooper to trade) and used them as goals for impromptu football games, bases for rounders etc. This meant the kids and the adults all had a great time. He also had a small plastic gazebo in case of bad weather. My bairns of hugely varying ages all loved it as did hubby and I. Halkirk Youth club is also a great place for parties and is cheap to hire.