PDA

View Full Version : problems with our xbox

hungryhill aliens
03-Jan-09, 13:50
hi ,
can anyone help . we have just purchased a second hand xbox that was working ok but now we have a message saying ( xbox live is not responding please try later ) and it wont shift away from that or do any other command via the controller . my young son was playing a game at the time is there any chance he has pressed something WRONG !!!!!!!

EDDIE
03-Jan-09, 16:00
hi ,
can anyone help . we have just purchased a second hand xbox that was working ok but now we have a message saying ( xbox live is not responding please try later ) and it wont shift away from that or do any other command via the controller . my young son was playing a game at the time is there any chance he has pressed something WRONG !!!!!!!

unless if he was playing a game he might have pressed a button to make the game go online and if you havent got a xbox live subscription to allow u to go on the internet it will tell u to try again later think its about £40 for a yearly subscription its a rip when playstation 3 is free imagine 1 million people paying £40 thats a lot of cash to get onto a server

Connor.
05-Jan-09, 13:41
@ EDDIE

Play.com has sellers who sell a year subscription for £27 ;)

Xbox has more games available to play which generally have better gameplay and multiplayer capabilities. :cool:

EDDIE
05-Jan-09, 18:19
@ EDDIE

Play.com has sellers who sell a year subscription for £27 ;)

Xbox has more games available to play which generally have better gameplay and multiplayer capabilities. :cool:

xbox might have more games for the moment but it cant play high def films like playstation and when u look at the xbox it isnt all that cheaper really because u add up the cost for buy a wifi adapter to make wireless and paying subscription fees it aint that much of a bargain really
But i will say one thing the quality of games from the xbox and playstation are both great and both at the same standard of level its just a case of what all your mates have so u can all play online together or swap games thats the main decider on whether to buy xbox or a playstation 3
In the end i think playstation will rule over xbox playstation is more capable of produceing higher quality of games because the blu ray discis able to hold 10 times more information than a standard dvd which is in the xbox

M R
06-Jan-09, 01:36
Correct me if i am wrong but you no longer NEED to pay for XBOX LIVE, you can still play games online with the SILVER Live account !!!!!!!! ????? !!!!!!!!

You only need to Pay £30 or whatever it costs for the GOLD Live Account if you want to use the Download Content. (ie) Demos, Videos and additional DLC for games........

If it says XBOX Live is busy, then it might just be busy. They do work on the servers from time to time and add new content. So don't panic. If it worked earlier then it will work again....If in doubt. Restart Router / Modem and XBOX and try again.

EDDIE
06-Jan-09, 08:21
i dont no i dont have an xbox i no it was an annual subscription i seen it in the argos book

Geo
06-Jan-09, 15:30
its a rip when playstation 3 is free imagine 1 million people paying £40 thats a lot of cash to get onto a server

Except it is regarded in the industry as a far superior online experience, so it's hardly a rip. Both the 360 and PS3 are excellent you just have to choose which suits you best, a better online experience and better games or a PS3. ;)

EDDIE
06-Jan-09, 19:25
Except it is regarded in the industry as a far superior online experience, so it's hardly a rip. Both the 360 and PS3 are excellent you just have to choose which suits you best, a better online experience and better games or a PS3. ;)

Your experience will be termined buy your broadband providers speed of the line and how far you are from the the telephone exchange a good server will help but £40 is a bit much if playstation can do it for free then so can xbox thats how i see it
But i think u will alaways get a bit of lag in the game

Geo
06-Jan-09, 19:43
I think the difference is that MS have set up a big gaming server network that all the game makers use whereas with Sony the games companies have to provide their own connection. A bit like PC gaming. I'm not on it but all the reviews I have read say XBox Live is a far better experience because of the way it is setup than the PS3's online service and that Sony are playing catchup. You can get 13 months on the full XBox Live service for around £25 so it's not awful, cheaper than most games. You don't need the official wireless adapter either, you can instead use a cheaper wireless bridge or just connect to the router via an ethernet cable. Each to their own of course. You just have to pick the console that has the games you like.

M R
06-Jan-09, 20:37
I agree about most of what has been said. User preference.

The 1st console online was the XBOX (I think), it was £30 for Live. PS2 then come online, was free BUT, you had to buy a network card to enable it.!!!! can't remember how much it was, around £25 / £30. So bang goes the 1st year free.
The quality of XBOX Live has always and STILL is better and Less LAGG issues than the PS3. As said, Sony is still trying to catch up with MS, weather they ever will is in my mind undecided.

Even if you paying £40 a year. It's pennies, i'd spend more than that going to the cinema...:eek:

I own an XBOX and had a PS3 60gb, sold it, good for HD/BlueRay DVDs, that was about the only bonus. having said that. I only needed 1 PS3, I have had 3 XBOX's (Red Ring Of Death ring a bell to anyone [disgust]), but MS still replaced them after being out of warranty, so fair play.

Geo
07-Jan-09, 13:05
The 1st console online was the XBOX (I think)

Don't forget the Dreamcast. It came with a modem and had a server setup like a basic Live. MS were closely involved with the Dreamcast providing a version of Windows (I think CE) for the OS so they may have seen the potential then.

The PS2 had a network adapter available as an add on which I think was then built in to the slimline model.