PDA

View Full Version : BIG Crescent Moon

Mystical Potato Head
02-Jan-09, 21:17
Just fits in.Need a smaller telescope for wider field of view.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/IMG_5252.jpg

psyberyeti
02-Jan-09, 21:46
Hello MPH. That's a pretty good moon shot. I can't add to your 'rep' for such a good clear photo because apparantly I don't spread 'rep' around enough:eek:. It was good to meet you today at the Scrabster 'playground'. Did you get photos of the monkfish in the shed? Uuuugglyyyy.:cool:

Mystical Potato Head
02-Jan-09, 22:13
Thanks.Missed the Monkfish,how could i miss a Monkfish:lol:
Nice to meet you Lizz and Changilass,hope you all enjoyed your morning.

Deemac
02-Jan-09, 22:27
Fantastic moon shot MPH. My mear 400mm lens doesn't get anywhere near this level of detail. Well done.

Kenn
02-Jan-09, 22:57
Great picture now without getting too techy just how did you get such detail?

Mystical Potato Head
03-Jan-09, 00:54
Lizz, i'll be perfectly honest here and admit its down to a bit of luck.
I use an adapter which is attached to where the lens would be and it fits into the eyepiece holder of the telescope.I use the 350d so have to squint into the piddly little viewfinder and judge it the best i can,sometimes it comes out spot on,sometimes they go straight to the bin.Will have a camera with liveview soon though.

Deemac,i think my 750mm "lens" has a slight advantage.:lol:I've also used a x2barlow lens which doubles the scope magnification otherwise the crescent moon would be half the size.
I also use a crawford focuser which has incredibly fine adjustment,it can also be motor driven which means i dont have to touch the scope,thus eliminating any vibration when trying to focus.

North Light
03-Jan-09, 11:05
MPH,

Superb, wonderful detail.

whitecloud
03-Jan-09, 21:02
what a brilliant picture thank you for sharing.MPH
love light and laughter
whitecloud

astroman
04-Jan-09, 12:36
Great photo MPH. Nice sharp focus too considering you don't have live view on your camera - well done.