PDA

View Full Version : shadows in red

K dragon
02-Jan-09, 14:30
www.myspace.com/shadowsinred2008

check out the new song making the wrong things right

spent a long time on this one so any comments would really be appreciated.

contrsuctive mind you. lol

Gizmo
02-Jan-09, 15:55
This is the first time i have heard any of this music and i quite like the laid back vibe you have, although by the end of the third track i was ready for sliting my wrists, the somber mood goes into overkill and leaves you rather depressed, Mother is a pretty good song, it's about a minute and a half too long though, if you are going to keep it at that length it needs something to break it up a little.
The next two tracks did nothing for me, way too depressing and no memorable melody, i never listened to the remix track so i can't comment on it.
The new track was ok, nothing fantastic, but again the somber mood and length spoil it slightly, it just seemed to go on and on and on.

Now, that Project Pheonix track is much more to my liking, great riffs and well thought out, and as it has no vocals i found myself making up a melody and singing a chorus to myself, this would be a killer track with vocals and a big sounding production, i'd love to hear more tracks like this.

K dragon
02-Jan-09, 20:13
lol,

well shadows in red is based on my childhood, not looking so much to drive you down but more help someone through similar struggles,

project phoenix is still on going, and some vocals have been partially laid down for it.

so hopefully should have summat for you to rock out to gizmo.

there is a remix of mother as well, and to be honest i prefer my remix than the original.

and the lengthy laid out parts are im afraid something that seems to be programed into me. no matter how much i try to shorten it i cant lol, must be my days in fear of faith, we had a nice mix of vocal (as bad as they were) and music (mr pattersons solos)

cheers for commenting though.

hotrod4
11-Jan-09, 11:58
Good stuff. A bit different for my own tastes but in the words of NIKE-"If it feels good do it!!!!"[lol]