PDA

View Full Version : Can someone helpful person advise please ?

scaraben
02-Jan-09, 14:17
I have just changed my Internet supplier and have entered new e-mail address / password POP3 etc etc
I can now go on the internet. Unfortunately when I click the receive button on Windows mail I get the undernoted windon on my screen :

The hostPOP3 could not be found. Please verify you have entered the server name correctly. Account Windows Server POP3 Port 110 Secure (SSL) Socket error 11001 Error No Ox800CCCOD
WHAT OUGHT I TO DO PLEASE ?

blueivy
02-Jan-09, 15:05
I have just changed my Internet supplier and have entered new e-mail address / password POP3 etc etc
I can now go on the internet. Unfortunately when I click the receive button on Windows mail I get the undernoted windon on my screen :

The hostPOP3 could not be found. Please verify you have entered the server name correctly. Account Windows Server POP3 Port 110 Secure (SSL) Socket error 11001 Error No Ox800CCCOD
WHAT OUGHT I TO DO PLEASE ?

What is the new ISP and what is the POP3 servername you entered?

scaraben
02-Jan-09, 18:03
Hi ............ Thanks for responding. My New supplier is Tiscali & the POP3 server name is : Windows mail

blueivy
02-Jan-09, 18:06
Hi ............ Thanks for responding. My New supplier is Tiscali & the POP3 server name is : Windows mail

I think I have the problem - your POP3 server name isn't Windows Mail! It should be pop.tiscali.co.uk and your SMTP server should be smtp.tiscali.co.uk. See here (http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/oe_settings_start.html) for more info (it mentions Outlook Express but the setup is similar).

scaraben
02-Jan-09, 22:13
THANK YOU ..THANK YOU ..THANK YOU a 1000times !!!!!! I'm now up and running. Scaraben.