PDA

View Full Version : Good and bad of last year.

cuddlepop
01-Jan-09, 19:43
Well thats the end to a year i was glad to see the back of.:(

Losing mum so suddenly is still hard to come to terms with.My old "best friend" had to be put to sleep,cancer had just got ahold of her and wouldnt let go.

It wasnt all bad though,we got the most gorgeous,nutty dog you could imagine.
Scorrie has brought alot of joy into our lifes aswell as frayed nerves when he goes off "deer chasing".:lol:

What where your highs and lows of last year.?

unicorn
01-Jan-09, 19:47
I am so glad to see the back of 2008 it has been the hardest year of my life, everything that could go wrong did. Even right up to yesterday when I had a litter of 3 baby rabbits 2 came out of the nest on mum and died of the cold and that was in the shed.
Losing dad was the hardest thing ever.
Please let this year be better :eek:
Highs well there have not been many but seeing my daughter blossom each day into a well adjusted and wonderful young lady is my joy, she keeps me whole :)

cuddlepop
01-Jan-09, 19:52
I am so glad to see the back of 2008 it has been the hardest year of my life, everything that could go wrong did. Even right up to yesterday when I had a litter of 3 baby rabbits 2 came out of the nest on mum and died of the cold and that was in the shed.
Losing dad was the hardest thing ever.
Please let this year be better :eek:

i'm so very sorry for your bleakest year yet Unicorn.

Its really hard but try to find something positive to take from last year.
At times I thought Scorrie was a mistake but then reminded myself that although he's huge he's only a puppy.

He gets up to so much mischief,I'm sure mums on the wind up.:D

ShelleyCowie
01-Jan-09, 20:05
2008 for me was not too bad! I got pregnant in January, had a extremelly bad pregnancy though and was on crutches from about 15 weeks. Son was 9 days late and had emergency section. So up til October 7th i was in alot o pain....

But also went to the Isle of Skye with my partner and kids, my best friend got engaged, kids growin up so fast! :( Got a tattoo done by my partner a few weeks ago too! :D

purplelady
02-Jan-09, 00:22
Have to say was glad to see back 2008 my husband and I split up in march we would have been married 28 yrs in nov just gone and daughthers marridge broke up to. H ave some highs too met my new man quick i know but hey these things happen finally got to see my fave band after 37 yrs so not all bad but lot of not so good things have happened this yr for my family .xxxxxxx

sweetpea
02-Jan-09, 00:28
I'm sorry to hear you all ahd bad years, I had my run of them but 2008 was a good one for me and long may it continue!:)

RK07
02-Jan-09, 09:07
Its a bit of a serious first post for me (hello to everyone by the way), but 2008 has been my best year and also possibly my worst. I have been diagnosed as having depression for the past six years but in 2008 I got to my lowest point ever but now know that rather than suppress my feelings I now need to deal with them. If I hadn't of got as low as I had then I would just ignore it for a bit longer until it next struck and took hold of my life. So that was the main lesson for me from 2008 and now I have a very challenging 2009 ahead.

As a long timer visitor to the siteI wish you and your families a very happy and healthy new year.

cuddlepop
02-Jan-09, 09:50
Its a bit of a serious first post for me (hello to everyone by the way), but 2008 has been my best year and also possibly my worst. I have been diagnosed as having depression for the past six years but in 2008 I got to my lowest point ever but now know that rather than suppress my feelings I now need to deal with them. If I hadn't of got as low as I had then I would just ignore it for a bit longer until it next struck and took hold of my life. So that was the main lesson for me from 2008 and now I have a very challenging 2009 ahead.

As a long timer visitor to the siteI wish you and your families a very happy and healthy new year.

good morning and welcome to the Org,Its a friendy place filled with highs and lows,sometimes a bit of a soap opera when the squabbling starts but thats life;no different on the internet.:lol:

depression is a serious issue that needs recognised for what it is,a stealth illness.
It creeps slowly into your life,eating away at the things that bring you joy and hope until your oldself is unrecognisable.

You have donewell,so take the praise and move on with your "recovery" .
It can and will get better, many of us on here have been there before,me included.

2009 will be better because without that believe I wouldnt be here to see the sun rise,the frost glistening and the dogs running about in the garden,this morning.Its a smple pleasure that costs nothing but brings some hope.

Love life it does love you,just sometimes it gets abit lost. :D

happy new you.

arana negra
02-Jan-09, 10:00

I wish you well with the challenges ahead and hope 2009 is a year of many good discoveries for you.

Our year started with rehoming an abandoned dog, the death of my mother in law then very soon after (within a week) death of my mother. the various injuries to my husband and I, intermingled with our dog having ongoing problems. Several of my husbands work colleagues have died this year. A friend who had his leg almost rebuilt after drunk car driver hit him on his bike needed to have yet more surgery to sort out bone graft that had died. He is still facing the possibility he may lose the leg 3 years on.

We were glad to see the back of 2008. 2009 has not started that well either dog at vets again and both of us are still recovering from injuries last year, my hand is back in splint and husband is on tablets for his shoulder.

We are much better off then some and grateful for sma mercies.

RK07
02-Jan-09, 10:33
Thanks for the replies - they are appreciated :-)

Not really wanting to take the post off topic but really hope everyone's 2009 is better than their 2008, irrespective to the cards they were dealt last year.

kriklah
02-Jan-09, 10:34
well some of you may have read my previous post, about all the little desasters befalling me that last week of the year. those were all petty minor things that are easily fixed.

the highlight of 08 i suppose was the birth of Thomas, my 5th child, amusingly born on our 13th wedding aniversary in march., i say amusingly cos , well 13 being an unlucky number, it was our last, and my oh and i seperated in november.

heres hoping this year is a better one for me and everyone on the org.

Angela
02-Jan-09, 10:38

Hello RK07, and welcome to the Org. :)

Quite a lot of us on the forum have experienced depression or have family or close friends who're sufferers. Luckily I've found the vast majority of Orgers to be kind, sympathetic and understanding folk who help lift each others' spirits at times of need. :) So now you've made your first post, don't be a stranger!

Last year was an unexciting one for me, but after the previous 4, it was wonderful just to have a year where nobody in the family died or was seriously ill in hospital, and with my own health problems gradually improving too. I rehomed a wee tabby cat in the autumn -finally plucking up the courage to take on a new relationship and to try to overcome the fear of maybe losing another being that I'd allow myself to get attached to.

She's thriving -so different from the terrified wee thing I rehomed - and I'm loving her company.....except when she lands on me from a great height in the early morning, lol. :roll:

Some things at least are in our own hands, and we can almost always make our lives better in small ways and by appreciating the simple things in life. Depression takes away the joy from all the small, simple things of course and makes life feel so bleak and hopeless ...and that's why it's so dreadfully insidious and destructive.

I wish you all the best in your recovery, RK07, and a healthy and happy 2009 to you and to everyone who had a hard time in 2008.

Kodiak
02-Jan-09, 17:23
We had not a Bad year really but the lowest point was when our Bunny Suddenly Died, Pipkin, at 3am one Morning.

I know a lot of you will say, "Nor much of a Loss a Bunny" but to us he was part of the family and is greatly missed. :(

I have great faith that 2009 will be a better year for all and I look forward to what it will bring. :D

Liz
02-Jan-09, 19:31
We had not a Bad year really but the lowest point was when our Bunny Suddenly Died, Pipkin, at 3am one Morning.

I know a lot of you will say, "Nor much of a Loss a Bunny" but to us he was part of the family and is greatly missed. :(

I have great faith that 2009 will be a better year for all and I look forward to what it will bring. :D

Those of us with much loved pets will totally understand your heartache at losing Pipkin.

The lowest point of my year was losing my beloved cat Tiggy to kidney failure. It was all very sudden and I miss him terribly.

I truly hope that 2009 will be a better year for us all as you say Kodiak.

percy toboggan
02-Jan-09, 21:56
Highs: literally flying back from Brest at a modest altitude - the views of Cornwall and DEvon were stunning.

A good, relaxing holiday in the FRench countryside.

Seeing my Grandaughter's 99% attendance at school

Lows: Work...pain...aching...stiffness - that's it. Oh!

keep yer 'high' threshold modest and keep your lows in check.
No low compares with losing a loved one and if anyone has recently then you have my utmost sympathy. Grieving is hell...but time usually renders it bearable...on the surface anyway.