PDA

View Full Version : That extra second -advice needed

badger
31-Dec-08, 18:46
Listening just now to the complications of adjusting Big Ben for that extra second tonight I am now most anxious to change my own clocks correctly. After all it wouldn't do to wake up in the new year out of synch with the rest of the world. What I can't work out is which way to go. Do we put our clocks forward or back by that vital second? If I get it wrong I'll be two seconds out and how will I ever catch up? :eek:

Angela
31-Dec-08, 19:02
Ohhhhh, badger, something else to worry about. :(

I don't know the answer, but my New Year's Resolution is to stop worrying! :lol:

Happy New Year to you when that vital second arrives! :)

Thumper
31-Dec-08, 19:18
Leave it as it is Badger,that way you will either be a second early for all appointments or just a second late,either way isn't so bad ;) x

Welcomefamily
31-Dec-08, 19:29
You put it back so when you count down 3,2,1,1,....It could cause you major problems in 3000 years.

badger
31-Dec-08, 19:45
You put it back so when you count down 3,2,1,1,....It could cause you major problems in 3000 years.

Thank you - such a relief. If I'm still awake and sober at midnight I'll be sure to get it right.

JAWS
31-Dec-08, 23:19
I must check at midnight to see if the Speaking Clock says, "At the Fourth Stoke it will be"?