PDA

View Full Version : A Memorable Hogmanay

Julia
31-Dec-08, 18:43
What did you guys get up to today? Anything memorable or special, me I had a great big tooth pulled out this afternoon, just wondering if I'm too old for a visit from the tooth fairy [lol]

percy toboggan
31-Dec-08, 18:49
What did you guys get up to today? Anything memorable or special, me I had a great big tooth pulled out this afternoon, just wondering if I'm too old for a visit from the tooth fairy [lol]

Blimey! yer never too old...but that made me smile.

I'm due to have two out on Januaty 12th and have vowed to be brave about it....they have said I can't have a general anaesthetic :) - swines.
I'm expecting at least a pound apiece for my two rotten molars. They were once stuffed with amalgam fillings but it's fallen out.

You cant rely on mercury these days, and Herme's ain't a patch even on the Postman, all of whom deserve a pat on the back.

As for our day - well I had another look at Zavvi and nearly bought a Bruce Springsteen dvd....I'm now glad I didn't.

All the best Julia.
(and Lizz too ;))

mccaugm
31-Dec-08, 19:03
I looked after my little boy, currently covered in Chicken Pox, what a welcome to the New Year for him. Chilled out and did very little...think its called Holidays. Planning a quiet night, with hubby and a bottle or two of something nice n fizzy and reasonably alcoholic.

telfordstar
01-Jan-09, 00:33
I looked after my little boy, currently covered in Chicken Pox, what a welcome to the New Year for him. Chilled out and did very little...think its called Holidays. Planning a quiet night, with hubby and a bottle or two of something nice n fizzy and reasonably alcoholic.

Ahh poor wee soul. The chicken pox are doing there rounds big time at the moment shame on them.

Im stuffed full of cold so lazed about on lemsips all day.:~(

brokencross
01-Jan-09, 09:55
Got up bright and breezy.. .. I did the supper dishes
Had some breakfast.. .. .. .. I did the dishes
Wife baked pies and sausage rolls.. .. I did loads and loads of dishes
Had some lunch.. .. .. I did the dishes
Wife made 2 lovely currys for tea.. .. I did the dishes.
Sat and looked at the end of my fingers which are like shrivelled prunes.

Happy New Year to all dishwashers out there, I share your pain.

Torvaig
01-Jan-09, 10:01
Brokencross, sounds as if your wife had a very busy day; I hope you helped with the dishes.....:lol:

brokencross
01-Jan-09, 10:06
Brokencross, sounds as if your wife had a very busy day; I hope you helped with the dishes.....:lol:
Didn't I mention I did the dishes??:lol:

floyed
01-Jan-09, 11:14
Didn't I mention I did the dishes??:lol:

You sound just like my OH lol:lol:

marlyn
01-Jan-09, 11:40

Ooooh can I come round to your house, I have been waiting and all prepared for my youngest to get it, and typical nothing!

ShelleyCowie
01-Jan-09, 12:27
I have been having rather lazy days! Yesterday i never woke up til 3pm! Luckily the oh was up with the bairn! Then played the computer....played the computer! Made 8 slices of cheese on toast...ate them...:)

Thats about it really! Watched tv....played the computer again...god since i became a mother what a bore i am! [lol] Am i still cool though?!

Dadie
03-Jan-09, 22:55
Iona cut her 1st tooth on the 1st for the new year:lol:

That was the highlight of the day for us... she was a bit grumpy for a few days but we just thought that she was gonna get the chicken pox from her sister!

So far no spots!

teenybash
03-Jan-09, 22:57
I have been having rather lazy days! Yesterday i never woke up til 3pm! Luckily the oh was up with the bairn! Then played the computer....played the computer! Made 8 slices of cheese on toast...ate them...:)

Thats about it really! Watched tv....played the computer again...god since i became a mother what a bore i am! [lol] Am i still cool though?!

You're still cool/////:cool:

mums angels
03-Jan-09, 23:36

I too was looking after my little one that is covered with the chicken pox but best to get it over with now i suppose since she only 7 months and can't scratch , she also decided to get tooth number 8 in on new years aswell ...

Hubby came down with the sick bug on hogmanay too so will be a memorable one thats for sure :lol:

ShelleyCowie
03-Jan-09, 23:44
You're still cool/////:cool:

Oh thank goodness! :roll: If i wasnt i dont know what i would do!

Is it possible to be a cool mum though? Im gonna be making a very embarrassing photo album for my son when he turns 21!!! :lol:

Maybe for 2010 i will be a bit more exciting though!

EDDIE
04-Jan-09, 12:09
Blimey! yer never too old...but that made me smile.

I'm due to have two out on Januaty 12th and have vowed to be brave about it....they have said I can't have a general anaesthetic :) - swines.
I'm expecting at least a pound apiece for my two rotten molars. They were once stuffed with amalgam fillings but it's fallen out.

You cant rely on mercury these days, and Herme's ain't a patch even on the Postman, all of whom deserve a pat on the back.

As for our day - well I had another look at Zavvi and nearly bought a Bruce Springsteen dvd....I'm now glad I didn't.

All the best Julia.
(and Lizz too ;))
the new dentist i go to they put jell on the area of the bit were the put the needle in its quite good the gel numbs the gum so u dont feel the needle going in to numb the tooth
To be honest about i dont blame the recession for zavvi going under i think a lot of that is to do with people buying over the net and downloading its times are changing I think the recesion and woolies going under was the final nail in the coffin for zavvi.
I personally wouldnt buy anything of zavvi after they are refusing to honour all the vouchers that have been bought for other people after a certain date i think there website is closed down now u cant buy off it