PDA

View Full Version : hope new year brings better luck than this week

kriklah
31-Dec-08, 15:08
lets just say this week, if it can go wrong, it did!!!!!

my dyson is dying, and i thought they said these things couldnt lose suction!!! they lied!!

having had a bathroom fitted, the main drain has lain dry for months, now its back in use - it blocked and stunk the house out!!

the cisteren on the newly fitted toilet has decided to play up(not the fault of the fitter i might add) and after not stopping flushing for 20 mins, now wont flush via the button.

and now i cant open the tailgate door on my car from the outside!! can get it with a screwdriver from inside, which is useless if ive got it full.

now i know all this is fixable, but to happen all in one week?!!! ive got my fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong before the end of the year!!!!(so just what can go wrong in 10 hours?!!)

Gizmo
31-Dec-08, 16:26
About your dyson, have you washed the filters out lately?, i thought the same thing about my dyson a couple of years ago, as it's a vacuum cleaner i never bothered to read the instruction booklet when i bought it, when it lost suction i discovered that you have to wash the filters about every six months, after i did that it was back to maximum suction.

Bad Manners
31-Dec-08, 16:32
Want to buy lucky white heather?. hopefully you have had all your bad luck and next year will be great.

ShelleyCowie
31-Dec-08, 17:25
U may think not alot could go wrong in just a simple few hours! But it can! :( Not that i want to jinx anybody like!

But....just sit in a nice comfy chair...put the telly on and dont move! :lol: Make sure to take a flask of coffee/tea tho!! Just sit there til the bells go...then hopefully no bad luck!

Gizmo
31-Dec-08, 18:09
U may think not alot could go wrong in just a simple few hours! But it can! :( Not that i want to jinx anybody like!

But....just sit in a nice comfy chair...put the telly on and dont move! :lol: Make sure to take a flask of coffee/tea tho!! Just sit there til the bells go...then hopefully no bad luck!

You may also need a length of hose, a funnel, and a bucket...depending on how much tea/coffee you drink :lol:

kriklah
31-Dec-08, 20:44
gizmo - id striped down the dyson a couple of months ago,gave it a good cleanout, it had been working fine since then, however my less than better half used it the other day, and he has an unfortunate effect of all things mechanical !! from the sound the dyson makes, i think a seal isnt sealing somewhere so im gonna be stripping it down again, if no luck its only 2 years old so will get it sorted through dyson themselves.

as for the tea/coffee and dont move, im thinking more along the lines of a bottle of mint baileys ive been saving for just the right occasion!!;)

Billy Boy
31-Dec-08, 21:01
You may also need a length of hose, a funnel, and a bucket...depending on how much tea/coffee you drink

But what if they need a number 2 :eek: Now there's a sight for sore eyes...:lol:

Gizmo
31-Dec-08, 22:03
But what if they need a number 2 :eek: Now there's a sight for sore eyes...:lol:

Cut a hole in the chair and place the bucket underneath :D

Billy Boy
31-Dec-08, 22:08
Cut a hole in the chair and place the bucket underneath :D
Good thinking,Couldnt think of a better way to chime the bells in :D

unicorn
31-Dec-08, 22:19
Just make sure your long johns have a flap :eek:

Billy Boy
31-Dec-08, 22:32
Just make sure your long johns have a flap :eek:
Thats sorted lol,I lit a fart years ago and blew a hole in them [lol]

muffin
01-Jan-09, 19:04
I've killed 2 dysons, never buy another, but one of their engineers told me the main problem was the cyclones getting blocked up with fine dust so every time you empty it, bang the cyclones to get the dust out and it did work and I got covered with dust. I gave the last dyson away as it spent more time on it's back being taken apart than working, I have a Sebo now, you have to change the bags but much better.

kriklah
02-Jan-09, 22:49
woo hoo i fixed the dyson!!!!! turnd out to be the main filter afterall, id washed it out not that long ago, but i suppose with 5 kids, 5 cats and a dog, i generate about 6 months worth of dust pretty quick!!!:roll:

now theres just the cistern and car to fix,( i have also temporarily fixed the hole in my kitchen ceiling(leaky shower, long story!) by stapleing cardbaord over it, as the heater is directly under it and was losing heat in the kitchen)

cuddlepop
02-Jan-09, 22:54
woo hoo i fixed the dyson!!!!! turnd out to be the main filter afterall, id washed it out not that long ago, but i suppose with 5 kids, 5 cats and a dog, i generate about 6 months worth of dust pretty quick!!!:roll:

now theres just the cistern and car to fix,( i have also temporarily fixed the hole in my kitchen ceiling(leaky shower, long story!) by stapleing cardbaord over it, as the heater is directly under it and was losing heat in the kitchen)

well done you,lets hope the rest of your year is onward and upward.:D

ShelleyCowie
02-Jan-09, 23:03
Get a henry! He never lets u down! ;)

Im planning on getting one after i get my living room done up! My hoover is pants!! It lifts absolutely nothing! I waste more time hoovering than what i would do sweepin the bloomin carpet with a brush!! :)

Henry is gonna be mine this year! Cant wait to be reunited!