PDA

View Full Version : Wow! it went fine !

young_fishin_neep
31-Dec-08, 14:46
hey all,

i got back to thurso last night, and as some of you know i have a pritty good reputation of haveing the worst train journeys ever, but i have to say i now have 2 journeys that have gone fine :) all my trains were early and i didnt miss any conections, i was so releaved.
but okay i do have stuff to complain about, like the train from york to edinburgh, i had a seat in the coach with heating and guess that was broke and the coach was far to hot and everyone was complaining. i was trying to sleep and the person behind me had a baby not even a month old and it kept screaming, my suitcase broke and it was far to cold on the inverness to thurso train, but i got over all that as i was so happy i had no mayjor problems :)

all i can say is wow!

kazzii xxx

jings00
31-Dec-08, 14:52
my sister and i have a friend who we call the anti christ ie anti st christopher, cos it is always mayhem when she travels. if ever we are going anywhere by train, we ask if she is planning anywhere.....just in case :-)

ShelleyCowie
31-Dec-08, 17:29
The amount of times i have had bad luck with journeys too is unreal! I really want a car now but have always supported public transport! In the last year the times that i went to inverness and back...trains broke down 3 times, extremelly late running trains so have been made to take mini-buses for half the journey, no seats, on the bus from Skye to inverness we had booked seats and the driver never had a record of it so all seats were filled so had to stand most the journey (30 weeks pregnant and 2 kids), trains with no heating, buses with no toilets (again 30 weeks pregnant and 2 kids dyin for the loo)

So i hope when i travel in 2009 its going to be better! :confused

badger
31-Dec-08, 18:53
Buses and trains are generally either too hot or too cold. Maybe someone should explain to them those wonderful inventions called thermostats which they've obviously never heard of.

Having said that I once travelled on a NatEx bus which had a new computer controlled heating system that was out of control. Felt really sorry for the driver who had to keep apologising as it got hotter and hotter. He couldn't turn it off or even open the windows as that would have made it hotter still - and this was Glasgow to London.