PDA

View Full Version : Can you recycle Xmas cards?

skinnydog
31-Dec-08, 09:40
I am not sure if I can put old Xmas cards in with the newspapers for recycling. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Cheers and happy new year.

daviddd
31-Dec-08, 10:24
All Tesco stores will accept as far as I can gather, collecting on behalf of the Woodland Trust. Otherwise ask the guys at the Recycling centres in Wick and Thurso whether it's card or paper - they will recycle either.

newpark
31-Dec-08, 10:29
I always cut up my cards to make gift tags for next year.

Torvaig
31-Dec-08, 11:46
I always cut up my cards to make gift tags for next year. ... or use the blank pages as aide-memoires! :lol:

igglepiggle
31-Dec-08, 13:38
most primary schools also take them.

davie
31-Dec-08, 17:34
Obviously no credit crunch with previous posters on this thread. Recycling Xmas cards only needs the application of a little Tippex unless the original sender had the wit to use pencil for their message and then the old eraser makes them as good as new.

wifie
31-Dec-08, 17:36
... or use the blank pages as aide-memoires! :lol:
:confused If that means cutting them up and puttin the bits in the box by the phone then - ME TOO! [lol]

Fran
31-Dec-08, 20:25
There is a tall green box in the entrance of wick Tesco for used christmas cards. I think the post office have one too.

grumpy1
02-Jan-09, 09:37
aye should be able to take them to tesco they set up a recycling point most years... failing that give them to some poor child to cart to school they usually arrange something as well to encourage the kids to be green...

Torvaig
02-Jan-09, 10:49
:confused If that means cutting them up and puttin the bits in the box by the phone then - ME TOO! [lol]

Haha, I like you description wifie and you are quite right! :lol: