PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted pair of Brussel Sprouts now £215

benji
28-Dec-08, 22:54
...perhaps not in the spirit of christmas but under the unwanted Christmas presents on e-bay someone has just bid 16 quid for a pair of Brussel Sprouts....maybe an alternative if nobody has anything to swap

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-08, 23:02
...perhaps not in the spirit of christmas but under the unwanted Christmas presents on e-bay someone has just bid 16 quid for a pair of Brussel Sprouts....maybe an alternative if nobody has anything to swap

I just looked that up! OMG! Cant believe he is selling 2 brussel sprouts! They look as if there is a wee bit o gravy left on em! :lol:

benji
28-Dec-08, 23:14
I just looked that up! OMG! Cant believe he is selling 2 brussel sprouts! They look as if there is a wee bit o gravy left on em! :lol:

...for the sake of clarity I have not bid for any vegetables on e-bay...

Nibbler
29-Dec-08, 13:55

Never mind £16 - they are now at £41.00!! :roll:

There are over 370 people watching this in ebay and it doesn't finish till e 1st Jan.

Hecks, why didn't I think of something like that. Could have made a couple of pennies :lol:

By the way Kitty Kat - that is a good idea for shifting Xmas presents that have been duplicated.

Kodiak
29-Dec-08, 14:48
For those of you who want to keep an eye of the Sprout Auction at eBay here is a Link to it :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-PAIR-OF-UNWANTED-CHRISTMAS-BRUSSEL-SPROUTS_W0QQitemZ150317752516QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Collectables_WeirdStuff_RL?hash=item150317752516&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

It is still at £41.00 and he says that the procedes will go to two Charities, RSPCA and McMillan Nurses

Nibbler
29-Dec-08, 14:58
For those of you who want to keep an eye of the Sprout Auction at eBay here is a Link to it :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-PAIR-OF-UNWANTED-CHRISTMAS-BRUSSEL-SPROUTS_W0QQitemZ150317752516QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Collectables_WeirdStuff_RL?hash=item150317752516&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

It is still at £41.00 and he says that the procedes will go to two Charities, RSPCA and McMillan Nurses

Cheers for that Kodiak. I didn't see that when I had a look - think I was just too much in shock at £41.00!!

Lets hope the sprouts get a good amount then for the charities concerned :)

ShelleyCowie
29-Dec-08, 16:15
They are at £51 - 45 Bids! ;)

dirtywicker
29-Dec-08, 19:58
Omg £106!!!!

ShelleyCowie
29-Dec-08, 21:41
Omg £106!!!!

Still at £106.15! Thats mental!

But money goes to charity i suppose!

Has anyone seen the photos he has done with them!??? :lol:

dirtywicker
29-Dec-08, 22:02
yeah theyr brilliant lol

Alli
30-Dec-08, 01:28
Just looked in at the sprouts and there at £165.00!! OMG

Margaret M.
30-Dec-08, 01:31
Some of the comments are great -- I like this one:

Q: hello.I think I am a bidder from Nigeria, and I am a barrister, and i have millions of dollars to give to you for your Brussels Sprouts.. I request the company of your sprouts in Nigeria. To facilitate this exchange, i request that you allow me to deposit $1 squillion into your venerable bank account, and then you can send me the hallowed sprouts(don't worry, I will include money for carriage...by the way, how much is carriage to Nigeria?), and then my charity will relieve you of the unknown $squillions in your bank accaount...and i will be very happy. I think it is a good deal. What say you?...of course, we will have to negotiate a SPECIAL price away from the prying eyes of the other ebay bidders. I look forward from Nigeria to your reply. thank you very much.

A: Lmao the answer is still NO!!!

ShelleyCowie
30-Dec-08, 09:02
I was just taking a early morning look on ebay (too much time on my hands) and they are at £205. Still with 2 days of bidding to go!

But the thing is....there are quite a few more people trying to sell their "unwanted brussel sprouts" on ebay! Dont think they are going to do as well as this pair of lonely brussel sprouts we have been following though! :lol:

Kodiak
30-Dec-08, 12:18
I just checked the Price of the Sprouts, Now £210.00. Not bad for a couple of left over Vegetables.

ShelleyCowie
30-Dec-08, 12:21
I just checked the Price of the Sprouts, Now £210.00. Not bad for a couple of left over Vegetables.

I just checked again aswell...pure mental! But since i am surfin through ebay so much i have just bought like 7 things off o it! :eek: I really need to stop! But i cant!

Julia
30-Dec-08, 23:19
I was shocked to see them reach £16 the other day on ebay but now they are a staggering £215 with over 1 day left until the auction (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150317752516) ends.

Venture
30-Dec-08, 23:20
Can you imagine what they smell like after a week.[lol]

Julia
30-Dec-08, 23:26
They have been frozen since, at least in the photos of them on the sleigh, wearing santa hats etc.. they did look to be frozen [lol]

Kevin Milkins
31-Dec-08, 02:30
I am not keen on sprouts, but it's Mrs favourite veg.

We called in at least six shops today for some sprouts to find the stock either a bit manky or fresh out.

I am begining to see the charm of bidding for some .:confused

ShelleyCowie
31-Dec-08, 17:18
I love sprouts! :) With a good bit o gravy, chicken, tatties etc etc!

But i really would not pay £215 for 2 sprouts! :lol:

At least it is all going to charity though!

Angela
31-Dec-08, 17:28
I am not keen on sprouts, but it's Mrs favourite veg.

We called in at least six shops today for some sprouts to find the stock either a bit manky or fresh out.

I am begining to see the charm of bidding for some .

Ahhhhh Kevin, I can offer you an unopened bag of rather nice Co-op sprouts I bought just today :D containing about 30 sprouts, best before January 5th.

Any offers? to include the cost of airlifting up to Caithness on my magic carpet of course..... ;)

ShelleyCowie
31-Dec-08, 17:30
Ahhhhh Kevin, I can offer you an unopened bag of rather nice Co-op sprouts I bought just today :D containing about 30 sprouts, best before January 5th.

Any offers? to include the cost of airlifting up to Caithness on my magic carpet of course..... ;)

Hope u are not expecting £215 for them like on ebay! :lol: No with this credit crunch!!

Kevin Milkins
31-Dec-08, 22:34

Thanks for the offer Angela ,but I think I will pass on that one .lol:eek:

telfordstar
01-Jan-09, 01:36
Brilliant. Those sprouts are getting pretty well looked after photo shoots, home made box and good storage:lol:.

Was having a read of some of the questions, priceless:D