PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to see??!!

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 22:46
Oh My!!! I have just heard that Alice Cooper is coming to town!! I love watching him playing golf but do I want to go see him in concert?? I think not but part of me says yesssss!! Memories of 'Schools Out!!!! I really want to see Clapton in concert and really wish I had gone to see Queen before Freddie bit the dust:cry:

paris
31-Jan-06, 23:40
Wish i was there, hes one of my all time favorites, peeved or what !

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 23:43
Wish i was there, hes one of my all time favorites, peeved or what !

I could go and enjoy it for you!! Do I have to get dressed up in an appropriate manner?? Please say "Yes" as I love getting dressed up...went to see Bowie in MOntreal in Dec 2004!! Windchill must have been like -30C But I was there aall decked out!!:D Mind you, you could always pop over....he isn't coming until March!!

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 23:53
i didnt see any poster up saying he was coming to town were do you get the tickets from .

Sorry s.t.u.....don't think that he is making it to Wick or Thurso on this tour. I'm in Canada!!!:D

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 00:01
so why didnt you say that i got all excited

Aaaahhh! Sorry s.t.u:o You can come over visit too!!:D

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 00:07
I'll have a word with my bank manager.........sorry!! He is not with the Bank that likes to say "Yes":(

JAWS
01-Feb-06, 00:09
Alice Cooper? Queen? Can't stand these modern Girl Bands!
Bring back Max Bygraves and Des O'Connor!

angela5
01-Feb-06, 00:10
I'd love to go and see the Eagles in concert.

connieb19
01-Feb-06, 00:13
I'd love to go and see the Eagles in concert.Me too Angela5...you nevr know, you might yet..:grin:

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 00:16
Alice Cooper? Queen? Can't stand these modern Girl Bands!
Bring back Max Bygraves and Des O'Connor!

And don't forget Val Doonican!!! Now there was a singer......and those jumpers.....in the rocking chair!!!:cry: ...Oh! for the good old days!:D

lasher
01-Feb-06, 00:23
They are playing Hampden Park on 23rd of june.

angela5
01-Feb-06, 00:26
Thanks for that Lasher i'll see if my friend wants to go. :D hope so.

connieb19
01-Feb-06, 00:28
Angela i can get you a ticket if you like...pm me if you're interested :D

angela5
01-Feb-06, 00:29
Angela i can get you a ticket if you like...pm me if you're interested :D
okay connie sounds super:D

lasher
01-Feb-06, 00:31
Planning going to Bon Jovi in June.

angela5
01-Feb-06, 00:32
Planning going to Bon Jovi in June.

Sounds super too where they playing?

connieb19
01-Feb-06, 00:32
Planning going to Bon Jovi in June.that will be a brilliant concert too Lasher..I saw you more as a will young fan..lol

lasher
01-Feb-06, 00:36
Sounds super too where they playing?
Hampden Park 3rd June.

lasher
01-Feb-06, 00:38
that will be a brilliant concert too Lasher..I saw you more as a will young fan..lol

Ha Ha, sorry not my kind of thing![evil]

squidge
01-Feb-06, 00:42

I saw the Eagles in Manchester in 1996 - they were BRILLIANT!!! The concert went on for ages and when Don henley sang Boys of summer they turned the arena orange like a sunset - it was fabulous.

Me? i like watching anything if its live - am going to see "the shoes" in inverness on the 9th Feb - they are great; saw the proclaimers in DEcember in Dundee and it was FANTASTIC; saw Avril Lavigne last year with a friend and that was pretty good fun too if not QUITE my taste.

:p

JAWS
01-Feb-06, 00:43
And don't forget Val Doonican!!! Now there was a singer......and those jumpers.....in the rocking chair!!!:cry: ...Oh! for the good old days!:D
Valerie Doonican? I said I didn't like modern Girl Bands! :lol:

angela5
01-Feb-06, 00:45
I saw the Eagles in Manchester in 1996 - they were BRILLIANT!!! The concert went on for ages and when Don henley sang Boys of summer they turned the arena orange like a sunset - it was fabulous.

Me? i like watching anything if its live - am going to see "the shoes" in inverness on the 9th Feb - they are great; saw the proclaimers in DEcember in Dundee and it was FANTASTIC; saw Avril Lavigne last year with a friend and that was pretty good fun too if not QUITE my taste.

:p

It sounds great someone is going to get tickets for me.. i can't wait..:D

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 01:40
Valerie Doonican? I said I didn't like modern Girl Bands! :lol:

Oh! Sorry Jaws.......forgot that you aren't into female singers. Suppose Harriet Lauder, Carly Kennedy, Amanda Stewart, Matilda Monroe and Danielle O'Donnell aren't amongst your favourites then either?:confused

Saveman
01-Feb-06, 13:33
Wouldn't mind seeing Chris and the Coldplays live and of course the Radiohead Brothers would always put on a good show! :)

paris
01-Feb-06, 14:07
Went to see Lee Rocker (from the stray cats) in peterborough just before xmas. he was over from america doing a private gig. Shear bliss ! Rockabilly all night.

Patsy
01-Feb-06, 17:23
I'd like to watch The Corries in concert ;) Does anyone know if they're ever up here?

scorrie
01-Feb-06, 17:32
I'd like to watch The Corries in concert ;) Does anyone know if they're ever up here?

Sadly one of the Corries died a good while back.

Patsy
01-Feb-06, 17:53
Hi Scorrie,
That's awful - I didn't know that. Do you know which one of the Corries it was? :cry:
Patsy x

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 18:20
Think that it was the taller slimmer one.....name has escaped me for the moment and I could be wrong:confused ...Why did I bother answering this!!:lol:
Bowie was great...very personal and up close!
Cher...impressive!
AC/DC rocked!!
Nickelback amazing!!
Michael Buble..swoon! We were sitting right at the back of the Hall for this one and it was a 10 000 seating place. At the end of the show he put the microphone down and sang..........and we could hear every word as clear as a bell. Fantastic voice and seems like a really nice guy!
Irish Tenors...wonderful...had a tear or two in my eye!!
B B King..still has the magic touch!!

Still want to see Clapton though. Hear that he is touring in the UK and Europe this year so hoping that he is going to make North America too!!

Saveman
01-Feb-06, 18:31
Wolfstone used to put on a great show in the Waterfront...many years ago.... I seen them in the ice rink in Inverness a few years ago as well...had a wee jam backstage....that was cool!

landmarker
01-Feb-06, 20:24
I'd only pay big money for Springsteen now.Steve Earle maybe. Natalie Merchant.

I've seen Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks umpteen times - no more.
Never seen the Stones and regret it slightly. The Who too.

Otherwise I'd rather see a good band in a pub.

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 20:38
Think that Springsteen was playing Boston not that long ago. Wanted to go but hubby doesn't care for him.:Razz Rolling Stones was playing not far from us last year and my neighbour went......says that they were just out of this world!! Waiting to see who else is heading our way this year!!:D

krieve
01-Feb-06, 21:29
I would like to see Bon Jovi, James Blunt ,Dixie Chicks,I would love to have seen Queen play

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 21:43
Anybody seen or heard of The Australian Pink Floyd? If you get the chance go see them!!! Excellent show!! They have a web site but you will have to google for it as I can't remember it offhand! They are touring in Scotland this spring!!

scorrie
01-Feb-06, 21:54
Hi Scorrie,
That's awful - I didn't know that. Do you know which one of the Corries it was? :cry:
Patsy x

Hi Patsy, Roy Williamson died in 1990. I was amazed it was as long ago as that.

You can check out photos and press cuttings as well as other things at the website:-

http://www.corries.com

Hope that helps.