PDA

View Full Version : What nice people! :o)

ShelleyCowie
30-Dec-08, 11:58
Today i went down to the doctors, and still a learner with a pram i am useless at getting in and out of doors! As i arrived at the doctors a very nice man opened the door for me. As i then went down to the chemist a nice lady then opened the dorr for me to get into there! :)

Then going into the TSB bank they had the front door (not the automatic one) closed and it was very heavy and is extremelly narrow, a lovely lady said she would hold the door open for me but advised her that the door was far too heavy, she gave me a cheery goodbye and i advised her to watch her footing as the pavement was very slippery!

What extremelly nice people! It is not actually that often that people hold doors open for me and it was very nice as i constantly struggle with them! :~(

I need L plates!

Torvaig
30-Dec-08, 12:57
A slice of the "feel-good" factor there Shelley and yes, there are lots of nice people out there and it comes to the fore when you have a pram, a walking stick or just a smile on your face!

I lived in the depths of the country when I was at the pram pushing stage and only took it to town once or twice as usually I left my daughter with her dear auntie who just loved babies!

Once I was trying to cross the street but couldn't get a long enough break in the traffic but a kindly policeman (Ivor Campbell) stopped all the traffic to allow me a safe crossing! Thanks Ivor!

Another time I took the pram to town, I left it outside a shop (often done in those days) and when I came out, unused to having the baby with me, I carried on with my shopping until I became aware of something missing! Ran back to the shop feeling absolutely ashamed of myself for having forgotten my darling daughter!

She has forgiven me.......:lol:

ShelleyCowie
30-Dec-08, 13:02
A slice of the "feel-good" factor there Shelley and yes, there are lots of nice people out there and it comes to the fore when you have a pram, a walking stick or just a smile on your face!

I lived in the depths of the country when I was at the pram pushing stage and only took it to town once or twice as usually I left my daughter with her dear auntie who just loved babies!

Once I was trying to cross the street but couldn't get a long enough break in the traffic but a kindly policeman (Ivor Campbell) stopped all the traffic to allow me a safe crossing! Thanks Ivor!

Another time I took the pram to town, I left it outside a shop (often done in those days) and when I came out, unused to having the baby with me, I carried on with my shopping until I became aware of something missing! Ran back to the shop feeling absolutely ashamed of myself for having forgotten my darling daughter!

She has forgiven me.......:lol:

It was big old chunck of the feel good factor indeed! I just thought how nice! It is absolutely freezing and yet they are willing to stop and open a door for me! Thats really nice!

I have had some troubles crossing roads too and sometimes i cross at the lollipop people at Miller Academy and they always help me cross when the schools are in!

My mum also done that...she was down the street with my sister and left her outside the coop chemist, got to gunns shoe shop before realising that she had left her behind! :lol: It happens!

mccaugm
30-Dec-08, 15:33
Re the Miller Academy Lollipop folk. I too have to cross there with my little boy. They are great people, cannot thank them enough. I cross at lunchtime when the amount of speeders increases and it is impossible to cross without their help.

ShelleyCowie
30-Dec-08, 16:26
Re the Miller Academy Lollipop folk. I too have to cross there with my little boy. They are great people, cannot thank them enough. I cross at lunchtime when the amount of speeders increases and it is impossible to cross without their help.

They are lovely people aint they! :)

I can never seem to get across that road! With the pram...and that many cars parked beside the road i can never see out if there are any cars coming and have to take the pram out to the road! I have visions of a car swirving into the pram! :(