PDA

View Full Version : Govt Minister Bombs out on Mastermind!

ywindythesecond
29-Dec-08, 21:59
Anyone see our Minister of State for Higher Education and Intellectual Property bomb out on Celebrity Mastermind on Sunday?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ggqdm/b00ggq96/Celebrity_Mastermind_2008_2009_Episode_1/

Who in Government gave him permission to do it?
Who assessed the risk that he might make a mess of it?
And who now thinks that he or the person who gave him permission are fit to govern us?
Ok it was for charity. Actors and sportsmen put themselves up and if they fail, it was in a good cause. People who make decisions which affect our every day lives should at least know not to put themselves in a potential position of ridicule, and if they are arrogant enough to ignore this then they should at least be competent!
Hopefully Mr Sanny has come to the end of his glittering career for the moment, but will the real villian, the one who allowed him to do it, ever get found out?

TBH
29-Dec-08, 23:41
Anyone see our Minister of State for Higher Education and Intellectual Property bomb out on Celebrity Mastermind on Sunday?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ggqdm/b00ggq96/Celebrity_Mastermind_2008_2009_Episode_1/

And who now thinks that he or the person who gave him permission are fit to govern us?
Ok it was for charity. Actors and sportsmen put themselves up and if they fail, it was in a good cause. People who make decisions which affect our every day lives should at least know not to put themselves in a potential position of ridicule, and if they are arrogant enough to ignore this then they should at least be competent!
Hopefully Mr Sanny has come to the end of his glittering career for the moment, but will the real villian, the one who allowed him to do it, ever get found out?It really is quite disgraceful that a man in his position made an utter hips of himself. What hope for our children with idiots like this in charge of their education. That was a rhetorical question.

badger
30-Dec-08, 13:05
Didn't see this but can't say I'm surprised. Since when has any Minister been qualified for the job? Where else would you get appointed to a top level post without some kind of relevant training?

Higher Education and Intellectual Property - sounds like a made-up title to me :roll:

anneoctober
30-Dec-08, 13:18

Hopefully Mr Sanny has come to the end of his glittering career for the moment, but will the real villian, the one who allowed him to do it, ever get found out?
Surely this is the "season to be jolly" - did n't it make you laugh?:eek: Even hysterically.............[lol]

Angela
30-Dec-08, 13:19
It made me just cringe with embarrassment - I could scarcely believe some of the questions he couldn't answer or got wrong. The depth of his ignorance was quite astonishing. :eek:

I know, I know, I'd be far too terrified to even think of taking part in this kind of programme, so although I knew a lot of the answers I might have been too nervous to get them right if I was appearing on the show. However, this man is a politician and should be used to having an audience and being put on the spot. I rather think he simply didn't know the answers.

When asked, he said he thought people went into politics because basically they liked to talk! :roll:

Well, indeed! ;)

badger
30-Dec-08, 13:44
It made me just cringe with embarrassment - I could scarcely believe some of the questions he couldn't answer or got wrong. The depth of his ignorance was quite astonishing. :eek:

I know, I know, I'd be far too terrified to even think of taking part in this kind of programme, so although I knew a lot of the answers I might have been too nervous to get them right if I was appearing on the show. However, this man is a politician and should be used to having an audience and being put on the spot. I rather think he simply didn't know the answers.

When asked, he said he thought people went into politics because basically they liked to talk! :roll:

Well, indeed! ;)

Having just watched it via the link, I agree with Angela. Doesn't his response to that question just say it all? No experience or knowledge of his job required, just the gift of the gab. If he's the Minister for Higher Education, what hope is there?

Kevin Milkins
30-Dec-08, 18:09
I just watched the link and I am not sure what concerns me the most.:confused

!/ I got more questions right than he did .:D
2/ A hairy biker got almost twice as many right as he did.:eek:

Bad Manners
30-Dec-08, 18:18
I think I will put myself up for election I got a lot more right than him
Now how do you spell X?
oh what the h**l I didn't want to go in the cabinet anyway.

ywindythesecond
30-Dec-08, 20:15

Kevin, the thing to worry about is that he and his boss (who gave him permission to go on the show when it was possible he might not shine for whatever reason and therefore bring disrespect to the Government) make decisions that affect our lives on a daily basis.
Who is Mr Lammy's boss? Anyone we might recognise?

JAWS
31-Dec-08, 00:24
What concerns me more than anything is that we now have senior politicians who behave no better than the morons who are so anxious to become so called "personalities" that their main aim in life is to get into the Big Brother House.
"Mummy, mummy, did you see me on the tele last night? Well I waved to the camera so you could see me." How pathetic, have they got no dignity?

DeHaviLand
31-Dec-08, 00:32
Kevin, the thing to worry about is that he and his boss (who gave him permission to go on the show when it was possible he might not shine for whatever reason and therefore bring disrespect to the Government) make decisions that affect our lives on a daily basis.
Who is Mr Lammy's boss? Anyone we might recognise?

Are you just speculating that he needed permission to go onto the show, or have you anything to show that he was given permission?

ywindythesecond
31-Dec-08, 09:36
Are you just speculating that he needed permission to go onto the show, or have you anything to show that he was given permission?

Good point DeH. I assumed that a person in high position doing something out of the ordinary which might compromise his ability to do the job if it went wrong, or put his employer in a difficult position, would ask for permission to do it first. Perhaps he did not even have the sense to do that. Jaws has hit the nail on the head.

Quote What concerns me more than anything is that we now have senior politicians who behave no better than the morons who are so anxious to become so called "personalities" that their main aim in life is to get into the Big Brother House.
"Mummy, mummy, did you see me on the tele last night? Well I waved to the camera so you could see me." How pathetic, have they got no dignity? Quote.

A9RUNNER
31-Dec-08, 13:02

I would expect most hairy bikers to get more right than a politician