PDA

View Full Version : How many times do you have to get suspended before...

valentine
31-Jan-06, 21:21
Your banned for life?
There appears to be one or two people on this forum that get suspended then come straight back under a different name, they seem to come on try to wind people up get others into trouble and then get suspended, come back on and start all over again.
Do you think that these people should be banned altogether or is is an impossible situation that we have to put up.- a bit like neighbours from hell only forum members from hell!!:cry: :cry:

DW
31-Jan-06, 21:29
Freedom of speech includes winding people up.

Maybe we should ask Caithness org to start a special forum just for 'nice' people.

We could insist that they sign some kind of electronic contract and pledge to only say 'nice' thing about kittens and squirrels and never ever upset anybody.

Or maybe we just let the forums reflect the great big world we all live in!

paris
31-Jan-06, 21:31
someone got suspended today, not sure why but i think maybe 2 warnings and out for good on the 3rd but as you said you can just come back as someone else. We all squabble at times but I'm sure most people on here don't mean to be rude to anyone else just that some get wound up by certain threads, like me for instance on the baby in bin liner one. I have deep respect for members on here and wouldn't intentionally want to upset any of them.

valentine
31-Jan-06, 21:32
Didnt mean it that way just meant when folk come on with the sole intention of causing a problem or being personal. Dont think that is necessary just rude and uncalled for?

Rheghead
31-Jan-06, 21:33

what is the point in being nasty? Just because it is possible to be nasty doesn't mean we should exercise that right.

DW
31-Jan-06, 21:40
what is the point in being nasty? Just because it is possible to be nasty doesn't mean we should exercise that right.

I am not talking about being personally abusive.
I do think that people can hold very strong views which others may vehemently disagree with.

It is also useful to have people putting forward unpopular views to stimulate debate and focus the mental process.

paris
31-Jan-06, 21:40
Didnt mean it that way just meant when folk come on with the sole intention of causing a problem or being personal. Dont think that is necessary just rude and uncalled for?

Im sure some of the "older members" can put them straight if you know what i mean .

landmarker
31-Jan-06, 21:46
I find people have different thresholds when it comes to assessing 'nasty'.
There's room surely for robust debate, vigorous exchanges of opinion and candour. Some more sensitive contributors might find 'robust' equates to 'nasty' It takes all sorts, Rheghead. Should we be completely annodine just to please the very sensitive?

I agree that nastiness, just for the sake of it, if it's highly personal and destructive is uncalled for. I haven't seen too much of that in this forum.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
31-Jan-06, 22:56
Folk like to have a good blether and a stumulating debate....nastiness causes conversations to stop.As the old saying goes.Its good to talk.

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 23:46
hear hear well said .

Welcome s.t.u. Fully agree with Cedric.....you can have a bit of fun with someone without getting nasty. Tends to put me off reading a thread when it starts getting too personal!!

connieb19
31-Jan-06, 23:55
Your banned for life?
There appears to be one or two people on this forum that get suspended then come straight back under a different name, they seem to come on try to wind people up get others into trouble and then get suspended, come back on and start all over again.
Do you think that these people should be banned altogether or is is an impossible situation that we have to put up.- a bit like neighbours from hell only forum members from hell!!:cry: :cry:Did you mean the thread about horses where someone who thought they were being cryptic revealed all someones other names..It didn,t take much working out..[disgust]

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 00:05
But were does the fun stop though .

Don't ask me...I'm pretty new to this!!!:D

teritoots
01-Feb-06, 00:10
Did you mean the thread about horses where someone who thought they were being cryptic revealed all their other names..It didn,t take much working out..[disgust]

where did that thread go cause i replied on it and now it's gone an some people appear to be suspended... although i think i got jist of the issue....

connieb19
01-Feb-06, 00:15
where did that thread go cause i replied on it and now it's gone an some people appear to be suspended... although i think i got jist of the issue....I noticed it gone when i went to reply..too. Pity, it was an interesting read..lol:confused:

golach
01-Feb-06, 00:35
Folk like to have a good blether and a stumulating debate....nastiness causes conversations to stop.As the old saying goes.Its good to talk.
Well said, we all like a blether in here, but when the "Mickey Mosts" of this world come in and try to disrupt a web site as good as this, then I agree they should be banned for life.

squidge
01-Feb-06, 00:54
Am I being dim? I justlooked for crayola and she is suspended. What on earth did crayola do to get all those redboxes? Last time i looked she was at the top of the reputation list!!!!!

How come she is suddenly so bad? Im actually starting to feel a little less secure in my never having had a suspension for anything in all the time i have been here if it can beoverturned in one short moment[para]

Rheghead
01-Feb-06, 01:19
its not his fault youve all had a sense of humour by-pass.

There is a broad line between humour and cheek. Mickey has absolutely no intention of excelling in the former.

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 01:44
"Mickey Mosts"????? its not his fault youve all had a sense of humour by-pass. I mean i sometimes fall asleep reading the drivel you spout.

Well...perhaps you would be best logging out for good if we are so boring. You could go and start your own forum site.

DrSzin
01-Feb-06, 02:26
Am I being dim? I justlooked for crayola and she is suspended. What on earth did crayola do to get all those redboxes? Last time i looked she was at the top of the reputation list!!!!!

How come she is suddenly so bad? Im actually starting to feel a little less secure in my never having had a suspension for anything in all the time i have been here if it can beoverturned in one short moment[para]She tells me that she did nothing untoward. And I believe her. So I shall join her silence.

Gleber2
01-Feb-06, 02:41
General scunnerhood has kept me away from posting of late and I have no idea what's been going on and being talked about in this thread.I don't like what I'm sussing.Can anyone enlighten me?

Gleber2
01-Feb-06, 02:41
Crayola,I've prepared a few spells that would not be available to a blue.Want me to use them?

gleeber
01-Feb-06, 08:22
She tells me that she did nothing untoward. And I believe her. So I shall join her silence.

Why did Crayola get suspended?

DW
01-Feb-06, 09:28

A good friend of mine was banned also; he sent me this explanation

"What really confuses me is that if one masks a word using other characters e.g. *****. then one gets banned.
But in the FAQ under
Why Have some of the words in my post been blanked?
the answer is
--Certain words may have been censored by the administrator. If your posts contain any censored words, they will be blanked-out like this: ###############.

The same words are censored for all users, and censoring is done by a computer simply searching and replacing words. It is in no way 'intelligent'.--

So why does one get banned for blanking????
Is it just me or is it inconsistent! "

So, exactly what are the rules and isn't it about time they made more sense?

DW
01-Feb-06, 09:33
I have just noticed that an item I had up for sale has been removed - no information given to me.

It was aeromodelling kit so hardly contoversial.

What bothers me is the rather 'nasty' ( not sure about the spelling) way this was done. If something breaks the rules then maybe it would help if people new why?

Niall Fernie
01-Feb-06, 10:18
The item for sale was removed as I took it that it had been sold, feel free to post it again if it was not. (obviously my bad)

Crayola has been suspended for one month for posting a rep comment and using another posters name to try and cause trouble. As it was a reputation infraction, crayola's account now has a reputation of -500. This will happen to anyone who trys this sort of thing.

I think the rules on swearing are pretty clear. Tell me which part you don't understand. The autocensor removes any swearing that is either posted on purpose or simply an oversight on the part of the poster, either way results in a 1 month suspension. Word masking shows a premeditated desire to post a swearword which we consider to be just as bad.

It does not mean that we at caithness.org, or anyone else HAS to put up with it here. It does mean, however, as I've pointed out in the past many times, that you can go away, build your own site and wind as many people up there as you like.

Colin Manson
01-Feb-06, 10:21

She "signed" another Users named in a reputation comment.

The ban maybe longer than 1 month, since impersonating another User wasn't possible before we haven't got any specific rules about it yet. The reputation system will shortly be covered by its own rules but using another Users name is clearly abusing the system.

Cheers
Colin

DW
01-Feb-06, 10:49
Well, now we know, ;)

teritoots
01-Feb-06, 10:52
What about welmoB she only seemed registered couple of hours and seemed to be suspended?

weeboyagee
01-Feb-06, 11:27
What a pity this has happened on a forum such as this.

As I have said, we tend to get away with quite a lot on this forum without ever having to resort to swearing. We express some pretty hard views and can be strong in our use of forceful language and yet not offend. Knowing your limits in how to express yourself is a key factor of being able to post - some are more able than others but frustration in being unable to express yourself or feel that you can't gain the advantage in a difference of opinion is not an excuse to be catty, snide, petty or pathetic in what you say or how you express. Prime example:

Its not his fault you've all had a sense of humour by-pass. I mean I sometimes fall asleep reading the drivel you spout

"drivel you spout"? Nuff said on that one - but there are plenty more examples and numerous from the same.

I come on here to have a break in a day to rest my train of though, to challenge some views, to uphold other views, to have a laugh and to sympathise. Those of you who find this a place for the gossip mill to go into overdrive and to ridicule others to the point of embarassment for you and them, go find somewhere else to vent your frustrations and leave the rest of us to enjoy what you are spoiling!

Crayola, if you're reading this, I am truly sorry for the fact that you are not with us posting at the moment under that name and avatar. I don't know what made you do what you did but knowing you (and not knowing you :)) there must have been something really getting at you for you to do what you have done. We're all surprised I'm sure.

Reading this thread today didn't do me any good as an orger. :(

Saveman
01-Feb-06, 13:07
I feel sorry for Crayola, she was a lot of fun.....she'll be missed as long as she's gone. It's a pity that one moments mistake can result in this, but that's life I suppose. I can understand admins decision as well......so I take no sides.

Keep up the good work admin! And hurry back Crayola!

Geo
01-Feb-06, 13:20
Is it comfy sitting on that fence? :)

Saveman
01-Feb-06, 13:28
Is it comfy sitting on that fence? :)

I'm just giving my opinion. What's yours?

Geo
01-Feb-06, 13:30
I don't know the facts so don't have one.

katarina
01-Feb-06, 14:09
I feel sorry for Crayola, she was a lot of fun.....she'll be missed as long as she's gone. It's a pity that one moments mistake can result in this, but that's life I suppose. I can understand admins decision as well......so I take no sides.

Keep up the good work admin! And hurry back Crayola!

I'm really surprised! But would you still feel sorry for her if it was your name she used? Personally I would be very angry!

Saveman
01-Feb-06, 14:50
I'm really surprised! But would you still feel sorry for her if it was your name she used? Personally I would be very angry!

Katarina, I don't know how I'd feel. Probably very annoyed. But that doesn't mean that I should celebrate her being suspended and not feel any sympathy. Having heard only one side like I said, I understand the admins decision. I think we should let Crayola do her time and move on......

DW
01-Feb-06, 15:11
SNIP
I think we should let Crayola do her time and move on......

Jeepers, come on people, we are talking about someone not being able to send electronic messages to a crowd of other weirdos (self included).

None of this stuff exists anyway.:lol:

golach
01-Feb-06, 15:20
Jeepers, come on people, we are talking about someone not being able to send electronic messages to a crowd of other weirdos (self included).

None of this stuff exists anyway.:lol:

Betty get a grip on real life Crayola has read and agreed to the rules when joining as have we all. She bent the rules, she got suspended, not the end of the world. As much as I enjoy CCWS, it is not the only electronic means of sending messages to one another. There is MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger to name but two. I and most of my friends in CCWS use both methods to keep in touch with each other, and very successfully too.
I have nothing against Crayola, she is a lot of fun, so dont take this as a personal slight on her or yourself.

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 16:03
I am with WBG on this one. Well said I say!!...for what my penny's worth is worth!!
However I would like to know why the rep posts are allowed to be anonymous. I got bad repped for my post on the MvI (or is it IvM!?) about "...foreigners ..wanting to be like us" I don't know if it was because I used a "swear" word?...or for the actual post? There was no comment and no name given. Perhaps I should have used a smiley smiley along with the rasp as perhaps someone took it the wrong way! However, I really don't think that the reps should be unnamed.
I am sorry about Crayola....she was a lot of fun and I'll look forward to seeing her back...If I am not banned by then:D :D I wonder what made her do that though?:confused:

Patsy
01-Feb-06, 16:07
Hi all, I'm new here! :D
I can fully understand why Crayola got suspended - she shouldn't have done that and if she had used my name I would have been really annoyed.

Patsy xx

paris
01-Feb-06, 16:13
I may be totally wrong here but i think she may of bad repped using my name as i got quite heated over some of the comments regarding horses and bikers.
Even if she did i would still prefer to see her here and not suspended and if it was my name crayola i fully understand why you did it. no bad feelings either.

DW
01-Feb-06, 16:27
Betty get a grip on real life Crayola has read and agreed to the rules when joining as have we all. S
SNIP
I have nothing against Crayola, she is a lot of fun, so dont take this as a personal slight on her or yourself.

Golach my friend, I think perhaps you misunderstood my post.

I was implying that all this heart-searching is but a load of guff. I don't understand why fowk are outpouring this pseudo-grief about a suspension for rule breaking.

I did not mean that I thought it was shocking, appalling, dreadful, beastly, horrible that she/he was suspended.

Hope that clears it up.[smirk]

paris
01-Feb-06, 16:31
SweatyBetty, I am not heart searching, just feeling guilty that i MAY of caused crayola to do what she did, thats all.

MadPict
01-Feb-06, 16:42
I hope that the Rep system is removed - it seems to have caused more problems with some members than it does good. And if it allows impersonation of other forum members then someone with a grudge could cause a lot of trouble in a short time.

And I suspect there are one or two sock puppets in these forums, and these are only created for divisive or deceptive purposes.

The internet is full of trolls - some good at their "craft", others just plain childish (like posting objectionable images...)
Best thing to do is ignore them....

Hopefully they get found out and banned.

Meanwhile, see if you can spot fellow forum members here - http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/index.htm

(Credit to Donnie for finding this gem...)

golach
01-Feb-06, 16:42
Golach my friend, I think perhaps you misunderstood my post.

I was implying that all this heart-searching is but a load of guff. I don't understand why fowk are outpouring this pseudo-grief about a suspension for rule breaking.

I did not mean that I thought it was shocking, appalling, dreadful, beastly, horrible that she/he was suspended.

Hope that clears it up.[smirk]
Betty I do apologise for jumping the gun at your post :confused

DW
01-Feb-06, 16:48
SweatyBetty, I am not heart searching, just feeling guilty that i MAY of caused crayola to do what she did, thats all.

Ok OK, I was not referring to your post pARIS,but to earlier posts - I think I will enjoY some selfimposed suspension as ye cannae write anything nowadays without somebody taking the pet / hump or getting touchyfeely.

SWEATYBETTY OVER AND OUT

Cocoa
01-Feb-06, 16:58
hey madpict i agree. i think there r several usernames belongin 2 only one person on here which is not good cos then its easyer 2 cause trouble n bad rep other peeps. [disgust] also, i can understand 100% why crayola is off. that was a underhand way 2 break the rools. dunno wot happened 2 welmo, but mayB she's gonna b bak in 1 month as well as crayola? welmo sent me 1 pm n seemed really nice so come bak soon! :o)

luv cocoa
-x-

golach
01-Feb-06, 17:15
I hope that the Rep system is removed - it seems to have caused more problems with some members than it does good. And if it allows impersonation of other forum members then someone with a grudge could cause a lot of trouble in a short time.

And I suspect there are one or two sock puppets in these forums, and these are only created for divisive or deceptive purposes.

The internet is full of trolls - some good at their "craft", others just plain childish (like posting objectionable images...)
Best thing to do is ignore them....

Hopefully they get found out and banned.

Meanwhile, see if you can spot fellow forum members here - http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/index.htm

(Credit to Donnie for finding this gem...)

I have really enjoyed trolling this link MadPict I have seen a few of them in here especially the Cyber Cisters lol I would hope to have a split personality i.e. a bit of Nannie & Big Cat :lol:

paris
01-Feb-06, 17:26
Ok OK, I was not referring to your post pARIS,but to earlier posts - I think I will enjoY some selfimposed suspension as ye cannae write anything nowadays without somebody taking the pet / hump or getting touchyfeely.

SWEATYBETTY OVER AND OUT

Point taken sweaty, sorry .

shrek_donkey
01-Feb-06, 17:27
This is a quote from the bikers thread
QUOTE Valentine Hello cocoa(Elizabeth) and welmoB(Rachel) I see you are both back on with different names can you not talk to each other at home?, anyway hello! Quote

quote cocoa
dunno wot happened 2 welmo, but mayB she's gonna b bak in 1 month as well as crayola? welmo sent me 1 pm n seemed really nice so come bak soon! :o)
hmmmm how don't you know what happened to welmob valentine says you can talk to each other at home hmmmmm

Cocoa
01-Feb-06, 17:43
thats cos valentine dus not hav 2 be rite shrekdonkey! i dunno wot happened 2 welmo cos i saw nothin said that was bad n i even got a nice pm from her. u must believe everthin valentin says. mayB valentin is a freind of urs?
:confused:

pedromcgrory
01-Feb-06, 19:49
crayolas ban ,alls i say is you live and you learn as we all have i was banned for 6 months for a swear word last year so she got off lightly id say

valentine
06-Feb-06, 17:25
No valentine does not have to be right but what if I am eh??? But you and I both know that I am dont we!!! lol:Razz

katarina
07-Feb-06, 15:17
I may be totally wrong here but i think she may of bad repped using my name as i got quite heated over some of the comments regarding horses and bikers.
Even if she did i would still prefer to see her here and not suspended and if it was my name crayola i fully understand why you did it. no bad feelings either.

I don't know the facts - but honestly Paris, you sound like a victim! You're like the battered wife who says, 'He only hit me because I deserved it.'

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 16:16
well, it looks as tho valentine was just as lots of us thought - a multiple account user using the names valentine, genisis, incubus (now gone) and nicnak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so valentine, genisis & incubus were all just........ NICNAK! (i think mischief is a child of nicnak too by the way)

since nicnak has given name of Nicole (& sometimes Peter) in past postings and her location as Mid Clyth (see paint ball club thread of 29-11-2004) and even her tel number, how then could genisis have been located at "Invergordon" ?! i don't think so!!!!!!!! different names seemed to have been used 2 throw peeps off the scent and enable little comments now & again that were aimed 2 give a dig at certain people only without coming from one username alone and lookin too obvious!!

all makes perfect sense now just lookin' back over past postings & this thread again, 'cos all these user names always backed each other up - any1 else noticed all of this??

MadPict
04-Apr-06, 16:49
Maybe we should knit a couple of these for them?
http://app100828.applicabroadband.net/images/sockpuppetalert.jpg

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 17:23
he he he
madpict that was so funny - where'd u get that pic??
[lol]
cocoa

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 17:25
also, just had an update 2 my previous post - someone just pm'd & let me know that mischief is definitely connected to nicnak. thought so. so there's another sock puppet name being used! :roll:

squidge
04-Apr-06, 17:36
cocoa

Who made you the forum's policeman?

Niall and colin will deal with sock puppet accounts in the way they see fit. Do we need a running commentary?:eyes

Ricco
04-Apr-06, 17:45
I have read this thread with interest. I was quite perturbed at a thread I joined a few days ago - it was about 9/11 and conspiracy theory. It was getting quite heated at times, but you only have to do what I eventually did - leave and not go back.

Years ago the way of dealing with people who were upsetting the status quo was to send them to Coventry. Perhaps we can do the same in the message board?

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 17:46
well squidge, i felt the time was right to speak up & let other orgers know about this particular bunch of sock puppets because some of their activities have been very devious on this site, but u would only know that if they were aiming the comments and pms directly at you.
since niall & colin etc. have done a great job in sifting them out so far, it was the perfect opportunity to show others that they were indeed sock puppets and had caused some amount of trouble on this board.

so just be warned of how they are linked and how they are extremely prone to untruths.

you wouldn't really understand until u were the target of it, tho', i suppose.

teuchter
04-Apr-06, 17:51
It might be a silly question, but how do you know that all those names are sock puppets? Not trying to be smart im afraid im just showing my ignorance.

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 17:51
yes ricco, if u are very annoyed or frustrated at something, u could very well leave and not come back.

however, if u are privy to something that many others have been unaware of (i.e. in this case the activities of a particular group of sock puppet accounts on this site), then i believe u have a duty to speak up about it and simply make others aware of what u yourself have experienced first-hand.

that is what i have done and i feel relieved to have done so.

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 17:57
yes teuchter, good question. we can now tell if a username on this board is one of several different user accounts all belonging to one person because now their name appears in simple black text at the top of the post they have made. there will be no "on-line" status anymore, nor any mention of their membership status (i.e. "Senior Member"), nor an avatar (small picture next to their name), and instead of listing how many postings they have made it will now say "n/a"

this can indicate that the username in question has been traced back to the same computer IP address as other usernames on this board and they were therefore multiple accounts operated by one person. another term for the multiple accounts is "sock puppet"

hope this helps you :Razz

Ricco
04-Apr-06, 17:57
yes ricco, if u are very annoyed or frustrated at something, u could very well leave and not come back.

however, if u are privy to something that many others have been unaware of (i.e. in this case the activities of a particular group of sock puppet accounts on this site), then i believe u have a duty to speak up about it and simply make others aware of what u yourself have experienced first-hand.

that is what i have done and i feel relieved to have done so.

HI, Cocoa

You are quite right - and I did leave that particular thread as I thought that itwas getting ridiculous.

I don't know if your second paragraph was general or also addressed to me. I know nothing about sock puppets - only just heard of hem today. Interesting term.

Anyhow, I'll say ta-ra and depart this thread now.

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 18:01
ok ricco - nice to have chatted with u :)

teuchter
04-Apr-06, 18:03
Ok next silly question. How do you know that the names you listed are all the same person and not 4 different users? Im usually happy in my ignorance but now you've got me nosey.

MadPict
04-Apr-06, 18:08
cocoa

Who made you the forum's policeman?

Niall and colin will deal with sock puppet accounts in the way they see fit. Do we need a running commentary?:eyes

Hmm, seems like you want discussion on one hand then complain when someone actually posts something........

If we cant talk about football and we cant talk about politics then what Are we gonna talk about? the weather??? dead and missing cats?

This heavy handed action has left the board missing a valuable and interesting contributor and it will be the poorer for it. It has also made me wonder if its a place i want to be if its going to include censorship in the way that landmarker described

You are basically trying to censor cocoa by telling them to shut up, and go back to discussing when Asda is opening or post the latest joke which has been floating round the internet for years or the latest missing/dead cat....

I am all for the publication in the forums of all the sock puppets accounts just so that we could see exactly where all these 'characters' fitted into the various discussions that have gone before.
Now that will make intersting reading.
But you will more than likely say something like "they probably had a reason to do it - maybe they felt ganged up on..." or some such rubbish.

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 18:14
u would only really have known that if u kept a close eye on the following: the style of writing of each of these users, the fact that they always agreed with each other and usually appeared one after the other on threads, the subject and content of their posts and what they have written in directly to u in private messages and/or postings.

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 18:18
thanx for speaking up in my defence madpict. u raised some very good points there & i was hoping that someone would decide for themselves to have a look thru all the past postings of these sock puppet names and see what kind of subjects were brought up and what comments were made by each.
so, well done u!
some of their original threads were removed due to complaint, but there should be plenty still there to give u an idea of what had been going on.

obiron
04-Apr-06, 18:32
never heard o sock puppets in that way before. always thought it was a thing you made with the kids when you have loads o old socks.

connieb19
04-Apr-06, 18:35
Sorry for being stupid, what I dont understand is, NIKNAK has been a member since 2002 and Cocoa has been a member since January. How can NIKNAK possibly be as bad as cocoa says and nobody else has complained??? Even if NIKNAK has had other names, it's hardly the crime of the centuary, is it??? :confused: It hardly makes her a wicked peson. It seems to me cocoa has a personal problem with Niknak that has nothing to do with this forum, or am I wrong?:confused:

MadPict
04-Apr-06, 18:41
never heard o sock puppets in that way before. always thought it was a thing you made with the kids when you have loads o old socks.

For your ibfo -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_sock_puppet

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 18:42
yes, connie, nicnak has indeed been a member since 2002 and although I joined more recently, it certainly does not mean that I had not been keeping an eye on what she was writing on the board prior to my joining. Throughout the summer of last year (2005), nicnak wrote extremely libellous comments about my family under the heading "Neighbours from Hell!!" which had to be removed by Bill Fernie. Legal advice has been sought on the lies she produced about my family on that thread and the police were consulted too.

Now this should make it obvious to all. I am telling you all this because yes, I have a personal reason: I have been personally slandered on this site by nicnak and her sock puppet account names and I am now speaking up about it.

It is not a crime to have multiple accounts, but it is very much a crime to write slanderous, libellous lies about an innocent family on a public message board.

I hope this clears up the issue, connie.

obiron
04-Apr-06, 18:43
it does seem to be a bit personal connie i agree with you. old family grudge maybe, or old pals. who knows.

obiron
04-Apr-06, 18:44
cheers mad pict. we only got the computer at christmas and are still finding our way around it. get there eventually.

AR
04-Apr-06, 20:20
while you are on about people using different names is cocoa the new name for figgy by any chance? Cocoa APPEARS to be trying to cause an argument on the thread about religion too. I may be wrong and am probably just being nosey!

connieb19
04-Apr-06, 20:29
yes, connie, nicnak has indeed been a member since 2002 and although I joined more recently, it certainly does not mean that I had not been keeping an eye on what she was writing on the board prior to my joining. Throughout the summer of last year (2005), nicnak wrote extremely libellous comments about my family under the heading "Neighbours from Hell!!" which had to be removed by Bill Fernie. Legal advice has been sought on the lies she produced about my family on that thread and the police were consulted too.

Now this should make it obvious to all. I am telling you all this because yes, I have a personal reason: I have been personally slandered on this site by nicnak and her sock puppet account names and I am now speaking up about it.

It is not a crime to have multiple accounts, but it is very much a crime to write slanderous, libellous lies about an innocent family on a public message board.

I hope this clears up the issue, connie.You'r not really helping matters by posting this on here though. :( How many names has Cocoa had now? As they say "love thy neighbour". [lol]

unicorn
04-Apr-06, 20:35
looks lek a case o e' soor grapes to me!!!

clash67
04-Apr-06, 20:52

Maybe we should ask Caithness org to start a special forum just for 'nice' people.

We could insist that they sign some kind of electronic contract and pledge to only say 'nice' thing about kittens and squirrels and never ever upset anybody.

Or maybe we just let the forums reflect the great big world we all live in!
Kittens and squirrels..lol..excellent.

Gleber2
04-Apr-06, 21:21
Kittens and squirrels..lol..excellent.

How about elephants?????

teuchter
04-Apr-06, 21:30
Only if its going to be nice things,like sharing our photos and swapping tips on how to litter tray train them.

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 21:45
while you are on about people using different names is cocoa the new name for figgy by any chance? Cocoa APPEARS to be trying to cause an argument on the thread about religion too. I may be wrong and am probably just being nosey!

well AR, if someone gets a new name on a message board to replace one which had been disactivated, it is completely different to amassing multiple names in order to deliberately make a strong team of nasty and snidy remarks (and bad rep) to one person on the board, wouldn't u agree?

also, i have said nothing about religion and don't intend to either!

Cocoa
04-Apr-06, 21:53
You'r not really helping matters by posting this on here though. :( How many names has Cocoa had now? As they say "love thy neighbour". [lol]

connie, why am i not helping matters? i have spoken the truth - let everyone decide for themselves if this is any help at all to them individually on this message board. i am satisfied that i have told everyone now, and if i never use my username again - or if i even get suspended! - it is completely irrelevant because i have said what i wanted to say, knowing it is the truth. if you had been the continual target of spiteful new threads and snidy remarks, u would almost certainly feel the same - why keep quiet??

love thy neighbour hey? well, would u do that if they had run a hate campaign against u for years? hmmmmmmmmmmm......

AR
04-Apr-06, 21:53
I was ofthe thinking that your remark on the 'religion' thead was asking for an argument, but maybe someone was winding you up.Thats why i highlighted appears, just incase I was being a bit thick.
I thought the figgy person was mounting an attack on possibly their neighbours a few months ago, and some how thought of them when i seen your posting, and as i said my thoughts were getting the better of me.

Gleber2
04-Apr-06, 22:16
Only if its going to be nice things,like sharing our photos and swapping tips on how to litter tray train them.

Did you get your mini JCB yet.Really cooool.

Gleber2
04-Apr-06, 22:19
Who cares if the Fig is Cocoa, and who cares if the world is flat and doesn't move. Bring on religious debate. I can't think of a better way to waste the time waiting for Armageddon.[evil]

squidge
05-Apr-06, 09:36
Hmm, seems like you want discussion on one hand then complain when someone actually posts something........

You are basically trying to censor cocoa by telling them to shut up, and go back to discussing when Asda is opening or post the latest joke which has been floating round the internet for years or the latest missing/dead cat....

I am all for the publication in the forums of all the sock puppets accounts just so that we could see exactly where all these 'characters' fitted into the various discussions that have gone before.
Now that will make intersting reading.
But you will more than likely say something like "they probably had a reason to do it - maybe they felt ganged up on..." or some such rubbish.

Ooooooooooh Mad Pict you know me better than that.;) I am not sure what Cocoa is trying to achieve by "outing" Nicnak - im not sure that she has got it right as to who people are and arent - it actually sounds like the gossip that I hate when it appears on the board. I am aware that there have been mutterings about cocoa being something other than he/she appears to be and i dont like it when people are singled out for attention by somone just cos they think it is "their job" and it makes them "feel better"

As for censorship - yep you are right i more or less told cocoa to shut up. I struggle with the moderators heavy handed action in some places - I dont like anyone being singled out for attack. Suppose cocoa had said that Madpict was the same person as Jaws and Rheghead and JJC. You could deny it all you wanted but would people believe you? Suppose i said that you had sent me abusive personal messages and scared me with threatening remarks? You could deny it all you wanted but would people beleive you?

As for publishing the sock puppets - aye - go ahead and publish who they are and their list of names but the people to do that and to make decisions about highlighting bad behaviour and dealing with it are Colin and Niall and any moderators THEY appoint - not Cocoa or anyone with a grudge who THINKS they have got it right when they may not have.

Cocoa says

i have spoken the truth - but how do WE know that???

love thy neighbour hey? well, would u do that if they had run a hate campaign against u for years? hmmmmmmmmmmm...... Hmm indeed - could it be that THIS is the reason for the outing of sock puppets? Not some public spirited objective intention to highlight the dangers of NickNak? If it is do we really want the board to be a place for one upmanship in long runnning battles between feuding neighbours???? Colin and Niall are the people to deal with these issues not an aggrieved neighbour with a grudge and one side of what will no doubt be a very bitter dispute

Niall Fernie
05-Apr-06, 10:24
Just to even things up: Cocoa's PC is also being used by Yvonne and Patsy and Steinway.

And thats just the current list of usernames.

If you wish, I will apply all previous bans to these new accounts.

I have been overwhelmed by people "outing" their own sock puppet accounts.

Details of the ones mentioned in this thread apart from cocoa and crew have been e-mailed to me already I've just not had time to sort them all out yet.

Cocoa, did you think that by naming them here you would get them into trouble of some kind?

MadPict
05-Apr-06, 12:02
Hmmm, adds weight to the old adage "folk who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".......

Squidge,
Me? Rheghead, Jaws and JJC? My god do you think I live at this computer???? That wouldn't even give me time to go to the loo :D
And if I have a problem with a fellow Orger, I don't need to use underhand methods to get my message across. I'm old enough and ugly enough to say it to their face ;)

From the sounds of it the art of sockpuppetry has become a huge industry in Caithness, and I have to ask why, on such a relatively small forum as the Org, have so many been created?
Mischief?
Lost account logins?
Family members sharing one PC?
Ban circumvention?

Maybe Niall should attach all the nome de plumes of the sockpuppeteers to the their "permitted" profiles so, at one glance, we can see that ABC was also XYZ, 123, DEF and 987.

On SideKick II Handheld

Cocoa
05-Apr-06, 12:29
Just to even things up: Cocoa's PC is also being used by Yvonne and Patsy and Steinway.

And thats just the current list of usernames.

If you wish, I will apply all previous bans to these new accounts.

I have been overwhelmed by people "outing" their own sock puppet accounts.

Details of the ones mentioned in this thread apart from cocoa and crew have been e-mailed to me already I've just not had time to sort them all out yet.

Cocoa, did you think that by naming them here you would get them into trouble of some kind?

Just to even things up from my point of view: Yvonne is my Mum and has nothing to do with this discussion - she does not even know about it. She wanted to join this board of her own free will to alert people to our missing Westie, who disappeared from Mid Clyth on August 18th 2005.

Patsy & Steinway are also part of my family, so they would naturally be using the same PC as Mum and I at home, but my Dad has told them to no longer use their usernames. You can see that for yourself. I have told you honestly.

No Niall, I did not think that by naming the sock puppet usernames here I would get them into trouble of some kind: I thought that I would be highlighting the secretive way in which the usernames were always backing each other up on threads designed to hurt myself and my family, and deviously private messaging me to try and extract where I used to live in England before moving up here by pretending to offer me a horsey job!! She did this by claiming to have come from the same town in England as me - how did she know that? Because years ago when we first moved up we had naturally told her. And how did she know I'm interested in working with horses? Because again I told her years ago I was interested in buying a horse and she knows I have since gained the HNC in Equestrian Management. As soon as I realised exactly who she was in these devious pms, she lost any interest in being chatty with me and started up snidy comments such as "Well I was just going to send you a pm about the job, but I see you've been suspended. I've found someone more experienced for the job anyway" !!! Of course she could see I had been suspended - she in fact would have aided it along - and I couldn't answer for myself because I had been banned!

cocoa

Niall Fernie
05-Apr-06, 12:38
Just to even things up from my point of view: Yvonne is my Mum and has nothing to do with this discussion - she does not even know about it. She wanted to join this board of her own free will to alert people to our missing Westie, who disappeared from Mid Clyth on August 18th 2005.

Patsy & Steinway are also part of my family, so they would naturally be using the same PC as Mum and I at home, but my Dad has told them to no longer use their usernames. You can see that for yourself. I have told you honestly.

Perhaps it would have been a good idea to contact me about your multiple accounts situation as per my post in the same way that most other people have.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=8095

If you share a PC with other members of your household or you are at college or in some similar situation you must inform me of who is who to prevent your account being merged with someone else's. I am able to check the IP addresses af every account so I can verify your situation.

Cocoa
05-Apr-06, 12:46
Ooooooooooh Mad Pict you know me better than that.;) I am not sure what Cocoa is trying to achieve by "outing" Nicnak - im not sure that she has got it right as to who people are and arent - it actually sounds like the gossip that I hate when it appears on the board. I am aware that there have been mutterings about cocoa being something other than he/she appears to be and i dont like it when people are singled out for attention by somone just cos they think it is "their job" and it makes them "feel better"

As for censorship - yep you are right i more or less told cocoa to shut up. I struggle with the moderators heavy handed action in some places - I dont like anyone being singled out for attack. Suppose cocoa had said that Madpict was the same person as Jaws and Rheghead and JJC. You could deny it all you wanted but would people believe you? Suppose i said that you had sent me abusive personal messages and scared me with threatening remarks? You could deny it all you wanted but would people beleive you?

As for publishing the sock puppets - aye - go ahead and publish who they are and their list of names but the people to do that and to make decisions about highlighting bad behaviour and dealing with it are Colin and Niall and any moderators THEY appoint - not Cocoa or anyone with a grudge who THINKS they have got it right when they may not have.

Cocoa says

- but how do WE know that???

Hmm indeed - could it be that THIS is the reason for the outing of sock puppets? Not some public spirited objective intention to highlight the dangers of NickNak? If it is do we really want the board to be a place for one upmanship in long runnning battles between feuding neighbours???? Colin and Niall are the people to deal with these issues not an aggrieved neighbour with a grudge and one side of what will no doubt be a very bitter dispute

Well Connie, I am definitely 100% sure I am right about all of these usernames and you will notice that Niall has been on here and has not denied they were one and the same.

I do not gossip - I loathe gossip and lies. I tell the truth and have a reason for doing so. If you would like me to quote more examples of how we have always been targeted by these sock puppet names on this boad, then I can.

I don't like anyone being singled out for attack when it is untrue, no, but I do think you should expect to be singled out if you have persevered in trying to ruin someone else's posts (i.e. Missing Westie which was twice removed and once closed) and if you have started up threads deliberately for the sake of targeting someone (e.g. the Council Tax thread started by nicnak a while back basically picking fault at my sister filling bags with the soiled bedding of her pony's stable and arranging for them to be collected by the council, which she is incidentally perfectly entitled to do)

Yes, Colin and Niall make us aware of the sock puppets and remove them etc., but I wanted to finally highlight on this thread who valentine, genisis and nicnak were. Why do you think valentine near the beginning of this or another thread wrote "Hello cocoa (Elizabeth) and WelmoB (Rachel). I see you are both back under different names - can you not talk to each other at home?" Because she knows us and wanted to name us to everyone even then! I do not have a "grudge" but I am keen to speak the truth, and I have come on to explain to everyone who she is and why she knows us.

cocoa

Cocoa
05-Apr-06, 12:49
Perhaps it would have been a good idea to contact me about your multiple accounts situation as per my post in the same way that most other people have.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=8095

But I thought you only had to be told if our accounts were all operated by one person? We have different account names for different individuals in the family, but all leading to one PC because it is shared. Sorry if we misunderstood.

teuchter
05-Apr-06, 15:28
Did you get your mini JCB yet.Really cooool.

Nope i came up with a much easier solution. Im hiring the use of 1 of the tents from the county show and using it as a nappy. Come show time see if u can guess which 1 it was. Beware when its time to stop for a cup of tea in the summer.

Gleber2
05-Apr-06, 16:10
Nope i came up with a much easier solution. Im hiring the use of 1 of the tents from the county show and using it as a nappy. Come show time see if u can guess which 1 it was. Beware when its time to stop for a cup of tea in the summer.

Yur a bleedin cheenius.

teuchter
05-Apr-06, 16:29
Thank you kind sir. Im waiting on thepatent before i approach CASE for a grant. Who says they only back white eliphants. Mine is an african grey.

Gleber2
05-Apr-06, 17:37
Thank you kind sir. Im waiting on thepatent before i approach CASE for a grant. Who says they only back white eliphants. Mine is an african grey.

Ye must remember that the Mini JCB's are made by Pat Grant and Case has given her a lot o' money already so they'll use any excuse not to help ye.

teuchter
05-Apr-06, 17:59
Never mind my pet elephant and its toilet habits Gleber2, were in danger of getting in trouble by the Serious Thread Incident Team here for highjacking this thread. So on a more serious note getting back onto the original discussion- does anybody remember the Brian Connelly show that used to be on the magic box in the corner. I dont remember the characters name but the punch line was always "its only a puppppeeeetttttt!!!"

Gleber2
05-Apr-06, 18:31
Never mind my pet elephant and its toilet habits Gleber2, were in danger of getting in trouble by the Serious Thread Incident Team here for highjacking this thread. So on a more serious note getting back onto the original discussion- does anybody remember the Brian Connelly show that used to be on the magic box in the corner. I dont remember the characters name but the punch line was always "its only a puppppeeeetttttt!!!"

Point taken, but I far prefer elephants to petualant whining people..[evil]

Moira
05-Apr-06, 19:39
Well Connie, ....<snip>
cocoa

Now I'm confused Cocoa - you're quoting Squidge & replying to Connie - do you think they're one & the same person then? Or am I missing something here? :confused:

I know who I am - signing off as I've always been - plain Moira.

connieb19
05-Apr-06, 20:08
Now I'm confused Cocoa - you're quoting Squidge & replying to Connie - do you think they're one & the same person then? Or am I missing something here? :confused:

I know who I am - signing off as I've always been - plain Moira.I'm glad you're confused too Moira. I thought it was my old age showing..:confused: :lol:

weeboyagee
05-Apr-06, 20:25
Old Age?.......you being cheeky connieb19.......? Since Saturday I've started forgetting things, my bones ache a lot more and get tired more quickly!

Cocoa, do you not think that you've said your peice on this. I've read from start to finish since we all had our say before the big break in the thread and it looks as though you just,.......might just,......become as guilty as those who took advantage of the forum to misscall you by doing the same and misscalling them back - whether you feel (rightly or wrongly) that you are justified in doing so.

You've said your piece - we've all read it - lets move on and forget it. Niall has changed the rules and it won't happen again.

Weyhey,........yawn,.......time to drop it..........

unicorn
05-Apr-06, 20:27
well said wbg!! and all those bad feelings you have are the after effect of alcohol poisoning lol

Old Age?.......you being cheeky connieb19.......? Since Saturday I've started forgetting things, my bones ache a lot more and get tired more quickly!

Cocoa, do you not think that you've said your peice on this. I've read from start to finish since we all had our say before the big break in the thread and it looks as though you just,.......might just,......become as guitly as those who took advantage of the forum to misscall you by doing the same and misscalling them back - whether you feel (rightly or wrongly) that you are justified in doing so.

You've said your piece - we've all read it - lets move on and forget it. Niall has changed the rules and it won't happen again.

Weyhey,........yawn,.......time to drop it..........

connieb19
05-Apr-06, 20:29
I forgot about how old you are now Weeboyagee..retirement soon?;)
OOOO..I feel young again, thanks for reminding me WBG...:p

Moira
05-Apr-06, 20:58
I'm glad you're confused too Moira. I thought it was my old age showing..:confused: :lol:

Connie - you are joking -I doubt your "old age" will ever show.:)

Weeboyagee - at your age - you should not have any interest in Cocoa (or cocoa) at all - the symptoms you mention are only as a result of your birthday celebrations & the "stunning bride" you took on Sat night ;) and whatever Unicorn said about alcohol poisoning! But you're right, of course - let's move on here.

Onwards & upwards for the Caithness orgers!

Alice in Blunderland
05-Apr-06, 21:51
Connie - you are joking -I doubt your "old age" will ever show.:)

Weeboyagee - at your age - you should not have any interest in Cocoa (or cocoa) at all - the symptoms you mention are only as a result of your birthday celebrations & the "stunning bride" you took on Sat night ;) and whatever Unicorn said about alcohol poisoning! But you're right, of course - let's move on here.

Onwards & upwards for the Caithness orgers!

Oh Moira weeboyagees wife was stunning but I hear she was totally legless by the time he took her to the dance floor for the last waltz........:p Divorce proceedings to follow no doubt;)

Moira
05-Apr-06, 22:00
Oh Moira weeboyagees wife was stunning but I hear she was totally legless by the time he took her to the dance floor for the last waltz........:p Divorce proceedings to follow no doubt;)

Alice - no way ! Was she really?? To be fair - she may have been just swooning in the close vicinity of WBG's charms - and the thought of what was to come would have caused her to go weak at the knees - No ? ;) Surely not cause for a divorce at the first hurdle - I thought WBG was "bigger" than that.

unicorn
05-Apr-06, 22:01
Maybe she just had a leaky valve lol :)

mareng
05-Apr-06, 23:44
I am not talking about being personally abusive.
I do think that people can hold very strong views which others may vehemently disagree with.

It is also useful to have people putting forward unpopular views to stimulate debate and focus the mental process.

Sounds good, but can we dispense with the purile posts like:

"How do you eat your tortilla chips?"

"What music are you listening to justnow?"

Some really sad topics, I'm afraid.

Gleber2
06-Apr-06, 00:16

We go with the flow and an awful lot of people have suscribed to the Music thread. Majority wins. Can't say I've seen many stimulating posts started by you!!!!

The Angel Of Death
06-Apr-06, 09:30

Not everyones cup of tea but if you dont want to know how everyone eats there tortilla chips then just dont bother looking at the thread its really as easy as that

I just cant understand people that moan about XYZ thread and how its rubbish has no usefull info if thats the case ignore it and move on to another one thats filled with loads more popular information like dead cats or elephants

fred
06-Apr-06, 10:10

There was an old lady staying in a hotel and one day she rings the manager and complains that she can see a man in an apartment opposite taking a shower... with no clothes on...naked...disgusting.

So the manager goes up to her room and looks out of the window and says to the old lady "I can't see anyone taking a shower".

"You have to stand on the chair" says the old lady.