PDA

View Full Version : Julia Bradbury strides out...

percy toboggan
29-Dec-08, 16:27
More brilliant telly.
BBC 2 every morning this week at 9-30am are re-showing Julia Bradbury's 'Wainwright Walks'

This woman is a most impressive broadcaster. She delivers a fine narrative without hyperbole in a restrained , exceptionally English manor. She has an innate deference to scenes of beauty and ruggedness and also happens to look the business in outdoor walking gear. I'd love to tag along, if only I could keep up :confused

I looked at the boxed set on Amazon but at nearly twenty quid I'm delighted to have this chance to collect a few f ' nowt.;)

Give it a go if you like the great outdoors...Cumbria has seldom looked lovelier....but when Jools was up 'striding edge' the cloud descended and visibility was extremely poor....still a great watch though. Honestly.

brokencross
30-Dec-08, 08:10
My wife and i are frequent "lakes" visitors and I agree the programmes are a really good watch and as you say the Bradbury lady presents it so well. She makes the programme actually about the 'Wainwright Walks' and not about herself. Wainwright must have loved those walks to dedicate his life to creating the wonderful books.