PDA

View Full Version : Strange Light in Sky

Countryman
27-Dec-08, 18:57
Did anyone see a strange light in the sky at 5.40 from southwest direction going northeast passing just west of Dounreay.

Mr P Cannop
27-Dec-08, 19:40
Did anyone see a strange light in the sky at 5.40 from southwest direction going northeast passing just west of Dounreay.

what was it ??

A9RUNNER
27-Dec-08, 19:45
what was it ??

It was a strange light in the sky :roll::lol:

Mr P Cannop
27-Dec-08, 20:37
what was the light was it a ufo or what ??

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-08, 20:43
helicopter? Firework? UFO? Fairy? Santa gettin lost on his way back to the north poll? :lol:

Welcomefamily
28-Dec-08, 01:04
How would Santa get lost if he works in a circular motion? what colour was the light?

changilass
28-Dec-08, 01:19
Santa got lost cos he is too pig headed to ask for directions :lol:

ywindythesecond
28-Dec-08, 01:24
Santa got lost cos he is too pig headed to ask for directions :lol:
How would he get lost? He knows the route like the back of his hand!

Welcomefamily
28-Dec-08, 01:45
He certainly done it a few times, its not as if the world changes size or shape that often. :lol:

He is a man, some researchers would suggest that men have more skills at exercises that require spatial awareness such as painting a mental picture of a road layout.
http://www.zimbio.com/Spatial+Awareness+of+Men+Versus+Women

Ricco
28-Dec-08, 09:43
We had a strange light on Christmas Eve; orange, steady, travelling north to south and no noise. The light was quite bright - definitely not the usual plane-type... they flicker and alternate white/red. They are also accompanied by the normal noise.

Countryman
28-Dec-08, 11:06
It was large orange light and flickered as it travelled north it became smaller and went higher and made no sound.

Kenn
28-Dec-08, 11:33
Sorry to be more mundane but could it have been an aircraft at very high level caught by over the horizon sunlight?
On a less serious note, may be the orange bucket has escaped from the photography forem!

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-08, 12:02

Indeed he may, but some people do leave whisky on the table for him along with his cookies, santa may have had 1 too many! :lol:

trix
28-Dec-08, 17:01
what was the light was it a ufo or what ??

at present it is infact an unidentified flyin object paul....

probly nothin excitin tho :Razz

Metalattakk
28-Dec-08, 17:44
Och, it'll just be one of these (http://www.mlepyro.co.uk/firelantern/) again.

Thumper
28-Dec-08, 17:52

Ooooh! I want some of those :D they look lovely!x

Alice in Blunderland
28-Dec-08, 18:14
Indeed he may, but some people do leave whisky on the table for him along with his cookies, santa may have had 1 too many! :lol:

If thats the case then shoould the strange light not have been followed by a flashing blue light :lol: They are after all clamping down hard on drink drivers ........Santa included. Imagine the mayhem not to mention tears and disappointment it would cause if he had a wee accident. ;)

A9RUNNER
28-Dec-08, 19:08

Ah well he didnt get any drink at my house this year he wasnt allowed. My daughter said so!! It was fine though I got to drink it instead :lol:

Ricco
28-Dec-08, 21:30

Now there you may have a point. I had forgotten about these.

George Brims
29-Dec-08, 00:02
Could be one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_flare

anneoctober
29-Dec-08, 13:54
Norad confirmed that Santa got home safely and on time - so it wiz nae him...............[lol]

fudge100
30-Dec-08, 01:33
i am at present in the prosses of training a friends hawk. at around 3.20pm on the afternoon of christmas eve both me and my friend went into a field opposite my house for a short training session with the bird. about half way across the field i happened to look up in a south westerly direction and i remember remarking to my friend, that a small area of the sky looked as though is was on fire, it was a very intense orange colour.what was so strange about it was that it was very very low almost as though the sun was setting behind a hill, but there are no hills in john o' groats, it's more or less flat.i know the sun is low in the sky at this time of year but i have never seen it as low as that or what seemed to be as close, that is if it was the sun.common sense tells me that it had to be the sun but i do find it strange that someone else on the same evening has seen strange orange lights in the sky.

trix
30-Dec-08, 03:53
wis ye spacin fudge?? [lol] :Razz

Eagleclaw68
30-Dec-08, 04:12
Helicopter I could hear it, flying from the fionaven oil field to Aberdeen

2little2late
30-Dec-08, 22:23
I stay in the Pulteney side of Wick. Last night I was out in the garden, as the sky was clear I was looking up at the stars. I looked in a North Easterly direction and could see an orange flashing light. The light was flashing irratically. Definately not a star. Quite difficult to describe but it wasn't a uniform shape. If you could imagine illustrations of the Star of Bethlehem with the longer point of the star below the actual star itself. Was out earlier this evening and it is still in the same position as last night. Have just had a look outside now but it's too foggy to see anything.

Julia
30-Dec-08, 23:38
Wasn't the moon tiny tonight, around 5pm it was the teeniest slip of a crescent I've seen in a long time.

DeHaviLand
31-Dec-08, 00:21
I stay in the Pulteney side of Wick. Last night I was out in the garden, as the sky was clear I was looking up at the stars. I looked in a North Easterly direction and could see an orange flashing light. The light was flashing irratically. Definately not a star. Quite difficult to describe but it wasn't a uniform shape. If you could imagine illustrations of the Star of Bethlehem with the longer point of the star below the actual star itself. Was out earlier this evening and it is still in the same position as last night. Have just had a look outside now but it's too foggy to see anything.

If it was quite high in the sky, its probably the star Capella. Probably the presence of the frost and fog in our atmosphere making it look odd. If it was low in the sky, it would have been Pollux, can see it from my window just now and its predominately orange, but flashing other colours too. Just been out to have a look at Sirius, and its flashing blue, red, green and orange at the moment. Quite spectacular in this clear sky we have here.

Minty
08-Jan-09, 22:06

I also saw this light, it was really low & went over the house - by the time I got my camera it was travelling upwards & away from the house, so it only appears as a wee speck of orange in the picture. However was pleased to see one like it on the News tonight. Now I can prove I was not seeing things. :eek:

Fran
09-Jan-09, 02:22
This must have been the light that was on the news tonight, ufo's and things flying about.

ett23
09-Jan-09, 09:56
Wonder if it is a star or something else? I was with a group of friends on monday and in the early evening we saw it in the sky - flashing orange and red. Looked very strange!

gardenergirl
09-Jan-09, 21:01
Could have been one of these (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7489457.stm) :D

teenybash
09-Jan-09, 21:42
Living out in the country I often see strange moving lights in the sky but, what they are is anyones guess.......................:eek:

trix
10-Jan-09, 01:43
Living out in the country

yer so lucky...

Fran
10-Jan-09, 02:34
There has been a very bright light in the sky for a few nights now. Very noticeable when driving out of wick Tesco, must be a star or meteor.

DM07
12-Feb-09, 23:33
Is it a satellite ? I was sure it must be a planet but was informed the other day it is one of the many satellite orbiting! I never thought there was so many and thought the Walle movie was over exaggerating the space junk around the planet but it looks like it wasnt too much exaggerating

Tugmistress
13-Feb-09, 11:09
When i lived in a tent for 5 months (don't ask :roll:) one of our favourite pastimes was watching the satellites overhead. on a clear night get in a comfy position, either laid down on the ground looking up or in a chair head tilted back but supported (you get neck ache quickly), and just watch the sky above you. You'll soon see some 'stars' that move, some singly, some look like a formation team, and two different directions. These stars are satellites, there's never really a minute where you don't see any! it's a busy sky up there :D

The Angel Of Death
13-Feb-09, 11:09
Apparently its the planet venus that were seeing at the mo