PDA

View Full Version : Someone releasing animals!

router
27-Dec-08, 15:52
Thought i would put this on as a general warning to anyone with pets in the pulteny area of wick.
Over the last couple of weeks it seems as though someone is going around letting either dogs or rabbits out of the hutches or gardens. Unfortunately we found out the hard way when letting Tank out into the garden for his morning pee, and then noticing him with one my oh rabbits, Tank was being a dog so we cannot blame the death on him, we could not figure out how he had got into the hutch or how the rabbit got out, but when mentioning it to a neighbour who also has rabbits, someone has been letting their rabbits out aswell. These rabbits are not eascaping their hutches as most are locked, but the death of one animal because of this is enough.
My oh has had to deal with her beloved dog killing one of her beloved rabbits, which is hard for her.
So people please be aware that someone is letting animals out of their homes.[evil][disgust]

carasmam
27-Dec-08, 15:59
omg there are some sick, spineless etc etc ( cant say what I want or I would get a ban !!) people out there [evil]

unicorn
27-Dec-08, 16:52
sorry to hear this, that is why many times I have urged owners to use hasps and padlocks on outdoor hutches. All my outdoor hutches are hasped and padlocked 2 on each door.

router
27-Dec-08, 17:25
sorry to hear this, that is why many times I have urged owners to use hasps and padlocks on outdoor hutches. All my outdoor hutches are hasped and padlocked 2 on each door.

The neighbour i was talking about keeps their rabbits in a shed forthe winter, so someone had to enter the shed and open the hutches,they also have a dog and fortunately for them they did not find out the hard way.
Others have mentioned about their dogs being let out. which is a danger to the dogs.People should think about the consenquences of their actions where animals are concerned.

router
27-Dec-08, 17:28
omg there are some sick, spineless etc etc ( cant say what I want or I would get a ban !!) people out there [evil]
seems to be a problem at the moment:eek:

teenybash
27-Dec-08, 17:44
Sounds as if there are some cretins on the loose and their giblet brains have gone into overdrive.........my advice would be to get together with other pet owners with hutches, sheds etc and slarry the door with anything that is revolting, sticky with something mixed that stains......make your own recipes but, remember to clean off before you access the pets.

unicorn
27-Dec-08, 18:07
or add locks to all access points, gates, shed doors, chain and padlock round gate will stop anyone opening it.

Miss Mack
27-Dec-08, 19:51
Poor rabbit, and owners, theres some sick people around.

cuddlepop
27-Dec-08, 20:57
Thats just the height of stupity,letting animals lose.
Some people are just beyond believe.

Poor you having to deal with this.Hope the culprits caught soon.[disgust]

thursochin
27-Dec-08, 23:44
it is good to have padlock on the shed and should have cctv on and alarm it as well

balto
27-Dec-08, 23:58
i mind when i was younger and we lived in thrumster, we had 2 rabbits and our neighbour and 1, someone came and pinched the 3 of them one night, if i mind correct 1 of ours and our neighbours were found after whoever took them killed them, but the 3rd one was found in the grounds of wick high school, badly injured and unfortunatly the vet couldnt save him. there will always be sick people who get a sick kick out of causing people and animals suffering and misery.

purplelady
28-Dec-08, 00:33
sick is all i can say about these poeple what possable kick can they get out of doing it i ask myself x