PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope the New Year brings?

Welcomefamily
27-Dec-08, 12:09
Its resolution time, what do you think the New Year will bring? will it be all gloom and doom? can you see a silver lining? (another 25% off house prices)
What fears or concerns. What are you going to give up?

Kevin Milkins
27-Dec-08, 14:07
I would wish for some stability in the world.

As for clouds with silver linings, I would guess 25% off house prices would be good if you were looking to buy a house, but if you were having to sell your house because you lost your job and could no longer afford the mortgage the future would be looking a bit grim.

I would also wish for a solution to the energy crisis as we have made a rod for our own back with the dependancy on fosill fuel.

If it's three wishes we get I think I would like to loose a bit of wiehgt as well.lol:roll:

Welcomefamily
27-Dec-08, 14:39
I agree Kevin, certainly stability with the events in the Middle East at the moment. The whole area will be on an knife edge now, seeing what happens next.

Gizmo
27-Dec-08, 15:07
The only thing i want is a bloomin job...i HATE being out of work, it's driving me mad :(

changilass
27-Dec-08, 15:20
I'd love a job too Gizmo, but with a child and a hubby that works shifts it just aint possible grrrr

Gizmo
27-Dec-08, 15:47
I'd love a job too Gizmo, but with a child and a hubby that works shifts it just aint possible grrrr

With 4 cats, 3 rabbits, a teenager, and a wife, i have my work cut out for me as a full time house skivvy.....but the pay is crap........pleeeeeeeeeeeeese someone give me a job before i crack and go back on the drink :lol:

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-08, 16:15
I am meant to be going back to work in May next year after my maternity is over but my OH works 12 hour shifts day and night! So its going to be nearly impossible! Think i will just be a stay at home mum for a while longer! Dont want to miss my wee lad growin up!

My new years resolutions are - Dont make any new years resolutions!

I always say stop smoking bla bla bla! But i never ever follow it! :roll: Lasts for about 2 days and that is it! lol! [disgust]

trix
27-Dec-08, 16:36
im startin ma supervisery course in january which involves completin some units fie SVQ level 4 :eek:

so am howpin i can cope :confused

arana negra
27-Dec-08, 16:51
Better health for us and our dog, better luck for my sons and their families and it would be fantastic to somehow see, in the flesh,my grandson now living in Chile.

MadPict
27-Dec-08, 17:16
With 4 cats, 3 rabbits, a teenager, and a wife, i have my work cut out for me as a full time house skivvy.....but the pay is crap........pleeeeeeeeeeeeese someone give me a job before i crack and go back on the drink :lol:

Heh - sound as unhappy as Rab C being a 'househusband'!!!;)

Gizmo
27-Dec-08, 17:25
Heh - sound as unhappy as Rab C being a 'househusband'!!!;)

Funnily enough, i was just watching that Christmas special this afternoon and was thinking the same thing :lol:, although i have no plan to be lying butt nekkid on the kitchen table when the missus gets home at 5, that reminds me, better get the dinner on or i'll be getting what for :lol:

Ash
27-Dec-08, 17:50
i hope its better than 2008
we had 3 deaths in the family....
i wish for all my family and loved ones to be happy and healthy

cuddlepop
27-Dec-08, 20:52
I would like next year to be kinder to us all.

More good luck than bad please,surely it must be our turn this year.....please.:D

scorrie
27-Dec-08, 21:04

Pretty hard putting the Bairn AND Hubby out working shifts!!

Junior Changi, please call Esther Rantzen on Childline 0800 11 11 and report yer mither!! ;)

changilass
27-Dec-08, 21:17
Now theres a bliddy good answer to my problem, I just need to find a job for mini changi now lol.

Moira
27-Dec-08, 22:07
Its resolution time, what do you think the New Year will bring? will it be all gloom and doom? can you see a silver lining? (another 25% off house prices)
What fears or concerns. What are you going to give up?

Oh my Goodness, Welcomefamily, so many questions!

I hope the New Year brings Good Health & Happiness to all Caithness.Orgers. I also hope for Peace on the forums but that's like hoping that the North Wind blowing across Caithness will be warm. ;)

I always resolve not to make any hard and fast New Year resolutions. There's nothing worse than feeling like a total failure around the 15th of January, so I'll do my usual thing and play the hand which 2009 deals me. :D

I do think the gloom of the financial situation facing many families will get worse before it gets better. The silver lining will be found when the majority realise the true worth of their family and friends. The Recycling Centres are designed to take care of the materialistic stuff which lasts for no time at all.

Happy New Year folks :D

purplelady
28-Dec-08, 00:27
All i want is for 2009 be better than 2008 surely cannot get any worse will not go into detail but it had been a bad yr one way or another and i will one:lol: will be glad to see the back of it lol

Welcomefamily
28-Dec-08, 00:35
2008 was a fairly good year for me so I will be happy if 2009 is the same, certainly for those who have had a bad 2008, lets hope 2009 will be better for you all.

Thumper
28-Dec-08, 14:25
I would like some of that better luck too :) My main wish though is for my divorce to come through,its been a long 3 year wait for it!Oh and if I can have one more thing it would be that my son gets an offer for the Uni he really wants and some help to pay for it from his Dad ;) x

benji
28-Dec-08, 15:24
....more chance for taking my holidays.....

teenybash
28-Dec-08, 15:52
No New Year resolutions and I ain't giving up a thing....including my determination to make 2009 as good as I can.

Best of luck for the forthcoming year to all.:Razz

trix
28-Dec-08, 16:05
an choost a wee wordy for ma auld manies an wifies....

no doot we'l meet new, an lose a few over 'iss comin year....but i hope we continue til make their last days (in 'iss lifetime) 'happy days' :D

Tilter
28-Dec-08, 17:31
Well, for 2009 I would just like world peace, everyone on planet to go veggie and get enough to eat, all blue whales, dugongs, mountain gorillas etc. to be save from extinction, gap between rich and poor to completely close up, and - well, I think that's about all really.

Welcomefamily
28-Dec-08, 18:49
Well, for 2009 I would just like world peace, everyone on planet to go veggie and get enough to eat, all blue whales, dugongs, mountain gorillas etc. to be save from extinction, gap between rich and poor to completely close up, and - well, I think that's about all really.

As long as it does not mean eating Soy products otherwise we will all end up extinct, the Pope should have said this was the greatest risk to man kind.

Vistravi
28-Dec-08, 22:01
What I want is to be able to move away before april doing what i've spent the last three years training to do. Working for the sake of money sucks eps when i hate my current job.

ar1ling
29-Dec-08, 03:43
With 4 cats, 3 rabbits, a teenager, and a wife, i have my work cut out for me as a full time house skivvy..
thinking of me, you will feel that you are the lucky one. i like cats, rabbits, or puppies as pets but i am just too busy with working to keep anyone of them as a pet. i even have to leave my little lovely girl at home mostly with her nanny since i have to work.
i have 3 new year wishes, i like to win a good fortune from lottery, i like to lose weitht and i hope everyone will be happy in new year.:D

Fran
29-Dec-08, 04:54
I would like to see peace and harmony and goodwill to all men (and women) on Caithness org.
Seriously, I would like to see, after all the years of research, a cure for cancer.I now have a friend dying of cancer, have lost so many, and i wonder if it will ever end. It would be good to see cures for all disease, like ms, parkinsons, etc. and a good working painkiller which actually works, for all these people.