PDA

View Full Version : Another High St Retailer In Administration

Gizmo
24-Dec-08, 15:29
Zavvi, which was formerly Virgin Megastores have gone into administration, they are blaming the colapse of it's main supplier EUK which was owned by Woolworths.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Zavvi-Goes-Into-Administration---Music-Games-And-DVD-Retailer/Article/200812415193524?lpos=Business_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15193524_Zavvi_Goes_Into_Administratio n_-_Music_Games_And_DVD_Retailer

floyed
24-Dec-08, 15:49
At this rate there will be no shops left!:eek:

hotrod4
24-Dec-08, 18:08
EUK are a big loss. They used to supply Tesco's but they then changed their supplier.I wonder if they knew something that us mere mortals didnt?:roll:

Gizmo
24-Dec-08, 18:21
EUK are a big loss. They used to supply Tesco's but they then changed their supplier.I wonder if they knew something that us mere mortals didnt?:roll:

Tesco never changed their supplier before EUK went under, they got stung as well, i had goods on order with Tesco.com which have been delayed for a month because Tesco had to source a new supplier, it seems to be sorted now as their new Entertainment website went live yesterday.

Bad Manners
24-Dec-08, 19:05
It's only just the start these are the big companies foe every big company there will be lots of smaller companies who dont make it through the financial year. hopefully it will resolve it's self quickly but there is no sign of it so far.