PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Vandalism

Bad Manners
24-Dec-08, 13:44
I have just hear from a friend that the Winter Wonderland attraction on the river ness has been vandalised and the Council has had to remove it for repair which means it will not be ready untill next year.
I am completely mystified as to why someone would do this It was doing no harm and there were hundreds and hundred of delighted people when this opened.

mccaugm
24-Dec-08, 14:50
I have just hear from a friend that the Winter Wonderland attraction on the river ness has been vandalised and the Council has had to remove it for repair which means it will not be ready untill next year.
I am completely mystified as to why someone would do this It was doing no harm and there were hundreds and hundred of delighted people when this opened.

Probably just because they could and spoiling things makes them feel big and clever. However the reverse is obviously true...its definitely not big or clever.

wifie
24-Dec-08, 16:58
That is really dire but I see the they hope to try again (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/7798835.stm)next year but no doubt it will cost more as there may have to be security measures in place! How sad!

riggerboy
24-Dec-08, 17:15
only one word for the vandals TWATS, should be shot

hotrod4
24-Dec-08, 18:06
Its a nationwide problem.
On my Hometown website (Dalry)they mention that they have just had a new LIDL store built there this month. It has had its windows put threw twice already.The local Co-op doesnt have a front window as its just been put through again.On top of that the Local library has just re-opened after 11 months closed because someone set fire to it!!!
Dalry is smaller than Wick and Thurso and they are plagued with vandalism.Its a national disgrace and those that are guilty should get the birch and made to repair the damage they make.

Bad Manners
24-Dec-08, 19:11
only one word for the vandals TWATS, should be shot
Shooting them might be a bit drastic but they should be punished far to often the ones that get caught( and thats not enough ) get away with community service or a pityful fine they should be made to pay and if they are youngsters the parents should pay the more they get away with it the more it will happen.

Melancholy Man
24-Dec-08, 19:25
On this subject, has anyone seen the Roman Catholic church in Thurso?

hotrod4
24-Dec-08, 19:28
On this subject, has anyone seen the Roman Catholic church in Thurso?
No what happened to it? Does it exist? Their website seems to be down.:roll: