PDA

View Full Version : Typical!

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-08, 13:36
Bloomin typical...its Christmas day tomorrow and i have glandular fever, a chest infection and a bad cold! :(

Cant eat!! So no xmas dinner for me tomorrow! Not in the mood anymore for Christmas either now! I am usually hitting the roof with excitement but not now!

Just my luck!

Any other orgers sick this christmas? :(

Kodiak
24-Dec-08, 13:41
Yes I am sick this Christmas, as I was last Christmas and the Christmas before that.

You are Lucky as you will get better but I wont, so it is not as bad as you think.

Count your Blessings.

MERRY CHRISTMASS ALL

telfordstar
24-Dec-08, 14:41
Yes I am sick this Christmas, as I was last Christmas and the Christmas before that.

You are Lucky as you will get better but I wont, so it is not as bad as you think.

Count your Blessings.

MERRY CHRISTMASS ALL

Thats some reply wasnt expecting that one.

young_fishin_neep
24-Dec-08, 14:47
everyone in my house has got some sort of cold or nasty infection. so not gonna be the best christmas, i think its a shame cause this is the first year ma wee sis had got some sort of clue whats going on. it just a shame there so many bugs going around at the moment, everyone down here in england seems to be ill at the moment

kazzii xxx

cuddlepop
24-Dec-08, 15:25
The only fit and healthy person, in this house this christmas,smokes like a chimney.

No idea how OH has managed to fight off this terrible flu/chest cold but he has.We're all coughing and spluttering good style.:(

Something has to be said about this smoking.;)

young_fishin_neep
24-Dec-08, 15:29
wish that was the case in this house, then id be the one feeling okay, wee sis seems to only have cold now but dad and his girlfriend are completely full of the bugs going round and im just recovering and full of ear infection.

kazzii xxx

Margaret M.
24-Dec-08, 15:30
I just got over a bug too -- I hope everyone feels better, sooner rather than later.

brandy
24-Dec-08, 16:30
so far we are all relitivly healthy! *G*
def couting my blessings! *grins*
last week my sugar was sitting at 25.6
and i could barley lift my head up.. was just praying to be here for chrissie! *G*
but been put on a new medicine called byetta and already (since 20th) my sugars are leveling out!
been under 10 all day today! even down to 6.2 before lunch! im over the moon!
i have to contend with loss of appetite and being sick every now and again... but whoo hoo i got a great trade off! i feel well enought to be out and about play with the kids and be a part of my family for christmas!
so dont care if i dont feel like eating a big meal tomorrow!
just to say HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-08, 17:41
I dont want to be ill! My OH is on night shift tonight and if my son wakes up for a feed im going to have to drag myself out of bed! :( He is wakening thru the night just now cos he has a chest infection too!

But its ok i have been lying on the couch all day watching christmas movies and he has been bringing me coffee and toast when i want! :D

Hope all ill people out there still has a good Christmas! May santa bring us all some medicine eh! :lol:

brandy
24-Dec-08, 17:43
here here! *G* im all for medicine from santa!

sassylass
24-Dec-08, 18:02

Count your Blessings.

MERRY CHRISTMASS ALL

That's a good reminder. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Dorrie
24-Dec-08, 18:28
Oh so sorry to hear so many of you are unwell this Christmas. I'm very glad to say that we are fine and looking forward to the day, most of the work is done and we are feeling festive.

Brandy that is great news about your sugars - hope it stays that way.

Merry Christmas one and all. :D

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-08, 21:06
Im tryin everythin to get better but there is no hope for me! :(

OH is off on night shift now so i peeled myself off the couch...walked to the kitchen and made a brew...hardest thing i have ever done! :lol:

Oh santa bring me a doctor!!! :eek:

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-08, 00:44
So today i thought after a sleep i would feel loads better for Crimbo! Hardly slept and still feel pants!

Cudna even eat my xmas dinner! :( Its not like me at all! Usually im a hoover with food! :lol: But not this year! Never even wanted pudding! Now that is really not like me!

And have to cook a Christmas meal tomorrow for me, OH and kiddies! Lets hope i can eat tomorrow cos i have been lookin forward to it for ages!

lildj
26-Dec-08, 00:50
i have the flu to i feel pants hardly any sleep and cudna taste ma dener wiz lookin forward to it :(

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-08, 00:58
i have the flu to i feel pants hardly any sleep and cudna taste ma dener wiz lookin forward to it :(

Same! Its the one meal o the year i really look forward too cos the whole family gets together! But it was ruined by my stupid cold etc etc!

oldmarine
26-Dec-08, 04:34
For bad or good, count your blessings. When you reach my age of 83 years and feeling well, you have a lot for which to be thankful.

Dadie
26-Dec-08, 13:23
Last year we all had the vomiting bug that was doing the rounds.

This year was the first year Lauren really "got" the whole santa thing .....but we had chicken pox for Christmas this year.... poor little thing...hope she hasnt passed it on to Iona:eek:

percy toboggan
26-Dec-08, 13:26
Kodiak was right. There's always someone worse off than yourself.
I wish you all well.
Glandular fever can drag on for months, so light at the end of the tunel is some way off...but at least it's there somewhere.

percy toboggan
26-Dec-08, 13:27
Last year we all had the vomiting bug that was doing the rounds.

This year was the first year Lauren really "got" the whole santa thing .....but we had chicken pox for Christmas this year.... poor little thing...hope she hasnt passed it on to Iona:eek:

Imagine: a whole island going down with the pox ! :lol:

- just jokin' - lovely names by the way.

Dadie
26-Dec-08, 13:35
Hey can you imagine one 2 year old with the spots then when she is at the not infectious but scabby stage a 7 month old baby coming out in spots! When would I be able to go out again??? That is what Im thinking (and not out as in to the pub etc.. but out as in to the shops, for a walk, visiting people etc)

Anyway quite a lot of children have been caught by the chicken pox this time they must have passed it on with pass the parcel at the parties:eek:

Welcomefamily
26-Dec-08, 14:01
Just make sure if you go to the orger night out you got a bell to ring, and to those with out hope, none of us can see what the future has installed for us and therefore none of us can change it, we can only try to influence it.

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-08, 21:32
I am dreading when my wee guy gets the chicken pox! hopefully not for a very long time like! :confused

Have also had glandular fever a few times before! Its a real bummer but its ok. The kids opening their presents was priceless! paper flying everywhere!! :lol: That really brightened me up!

But still what a mess im in!

unicorn
26-Dec-08, 21:45
I have never had chicken pox and neither has my daughter despite looking after children who have been with me regularly before the spots appeared. I am hoping we are immune cos I dont want them now no way :eek:

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-08, 21:49
I remember when i had them! Me and my sister both had them at the same time and it was awful! She wud scratch my back i wud scratch hers! Infact i have a couple o scars where i scratched so hard!! It is awful!!! A cold bath was such a relief though!!!

My partners 2 sons that are a bit older aint had chicken pox yet so that will not be fun when they do! :~(

Dadie
27-Dec-08, 00:09
We cracked open the christmas bottles.... calpol..nurofen...calamine lotion and bio oil (well it was good for stretch marks so should help stop scarring)and she is only really happy in the bath but there is only so long you can leave a small person in the bath if you want to have a life outside the bathroom:lol:

Im a bit disapointed as there is a bit of a family friendly do on in Watten hall tommorrow night that I wanted to go to and this will be the second year I will miss it ( last year I missed the new year party as I had the vomiting bug ) but there is always another party somewhere sometime if you look hard enough :lol:

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-08, 16:18
We cracked open the christmas bottles.... calpol..nurofen...calamine lotion and bio oil (well it was good for stretch marks so should help stop scarring)and she is only really happy in the bath but there is only so long you can leave a small person in the bath if you want to have a life outside the bathroom:lol:

Im a bit disapointed as there is a bit of a family friendly do on in Watten hall tommorrow night that I wanted to go to and this will be the second year I will miss it ( last year I missed the new year party as I had the vomiting bug ) but there is always another party somewhere sometime if you look hard enough :lol:

Aww that is not so good! Suppose if u leave wee ones in the bath too long they wont be children anymore...they will be miniature prunes!! :lol: