PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to whoever nicked our bike!

Julia
24-Dec-08, 11:48
Between 7 and 9am someone stole a mountain bike from outside our house, what a cheek! [evil]

Gizmo
24-Dec-08, 12:13
Dirty thieving gits!....but, leaving a bike unattended or unchained is a bit daft aint it?

Kodiak
24-Dec-08, 12:21
Nasty that...........I Hope and Trust you have reported this Theft to the Police so maybe the Thief will get a Nasty Christmas Present.

Try and Have a Very Merry Christmas through all this.

alistair harper
24-Dec-08, 12:40
Between 7 and 9am someone stole a mountain bike from outside our house, what a cheek! [evil]

sorry to hear about this hope you get it back but if not i have one for sale 15 speed mens bike vgc £40 ono

pm if interested

sam
24-Dec-08, 13:03
Blooming heck there's nothing like taking advantage of someone's else's bad luck to try and make a £ eh!!!!![disgust]

Bad Manners
24-Dec-08, 13:15
It's a shame you have lost your bike just goes to show you never know who's about. however there is always someone wanting to make a quid out of someone elses misforture.

Julia
24-Dec-08, 13:18
TBH it probably wasn't worth stealing as the gears didn't work but that's not the point as it's used to get the bairn's dad to and from work everyday, and it had a new set of lights on.

trinkie
24-Dec-08, 13:58
What a way to start the day - to discover your bike has been stolen ! Such rotten luck. I do hope it will be found in good order and the thieves taken to task !

But hold on - Alistair Harper kindly steps in and says he has a bike for sale. Thank you for that A.H. who knows, perhaps Julia needs a bike, and would be delighted to hear of such a thing, at a decent price too.

Trying to help out at such a time is no bad thing. I wish more were able to do it.

Good wishes to you both,
Trinkie

wifie
24-Dec-08, 14:13
I agree with trinkie - perhaps AH had good intentions - the bike does seem to be needed!
BTW know how you feel - had my securely locked (with a lock I was sold as bein a good one) bike stolen from outside M&S in Sneckie - it is horrible!

honey
24-Dec-08, 14:13
But hold on - Alistair Harper kindly steps in and says he has a bike for sale. Thank you for that A.H. who knows, perhaps Julia needs a bike, and would be delighted to hear of such a thing, at a decent price too.

I agree Trinkie.. Alastair DID say that he hopes the bike is found first..

telfordstar
24-Dec-08, 14:40
Such a shame that that has happened but id keep you eyes open small town and that you just never know.

Thumper
24-Dec-08, 14:51
Oh Julia what a shame! It happened to my boyfriend a few months ago too,he lives in Wick as well and he kept and eye out for it,sure enough about a week later he spotted a woman with it! He just went up and took it back of her,TBH If I had seen her with it I would probably have called the police!x

alistair harper
24-Dec-08, 19:25
What a way to start the day - to discover your bike has been stolen ! Such rotten luck. I do hope it will be found in good order and the thieves taken to task !

Trying to help out at such a time is no bad thing. I wish more were able to do it.

Good wishes to you both,
Trinkie

Thank you trinkie for your words. yes it may read that im using someone elses misfortune to sell my bike but i was only trying to help as i said its disgusting that someone has the nerve to just walk up and steal this persons bike no matter what condition it was inn and maybe i can help with providing a replacment at a good price.

julie i apoligise if this came out wrong but i hope you get the bike back.

also i wish all orgers a merry xmas and hopefully a happy new year

Bad Manners
24-Dec-08, 20:49
Thank you trinkie for your words. yes it may read that im using someone elses misfortune to sell my bike but i was only trying to help as i said its disgusting that someone has the nerve to just walk up and steal this persons bike no matter what condition it was inn and maybe i can help with providing a replacment at a good price.

As one of the ones to remark on you origional post I would like to apologise for any upset I only read it as it was written so would like to wish Alistair Harper best wishes

TBH
24-Dec-08, 20:59
TBH it probably wasn't worth stealing as the gears didn't work but that's not the point as it's used to get the bairn's dad to and from work everyday, and it had a new set of lights on.It doesn't matter about the condition of the bike, what does matter is that it's your property and no scumbag had the right to take it.

balto
24-Dec-08, 22:38
take it you never got your combination bike lock to work then.

Julia
24-Dec-08, 23:38

No need to apologise at all Alistair, I didn't take your post the wrong way at all, never even crossed my mind. The police have advised us that their is little or no chance of getting the bike back.

Oh well, the moral of the story is use a good lock and not leave belongings available for the temptation of others!

telfordstar
24-Dec-08, 23:57
No need to apologise at all Alistair, I didn't take your post the wrong way at all, never even crossed my mind. The police have advised us that their is little or no chance of getting the bike back.

Oh well, the moral of the story is use a good lock and not leave belongings available for the temptation of others!

I was just thinking did you nit use the new lock you got that had 10000 different combinations on it.

plasticjock
25-Dec-08, 00:10

Regarding Alistair's original post, can someone explain to my satisfaction how an 'offer' can be construed as 'taking advantage'?
It's a new one on me..or have I been living in the cabbage patch too long?
Anyway Julia...I hope you may be lucky and get the bike back.
Happy Xmas.

Welcomefamily
25-Dec-08, 19:14
Lets hope who ever has done it, falls off and breaks a leg. I know I not being very pleasant but it is annoying when people do that, what about a discription of it just in case one of us gets offered a cheap bike.

Julia
25-Dec-08, 19:45
Well it just so happened that Santa brought a new bike complete with lock! Still annoying knowing someone has taken something of ours though.

ShelleyCowie
25-Dec-08, 20:28
Well it just so happened that Santa brought a new bike complete with lock! Still annoying knowing someone has taken something of ours though.

Thats good news! Obviously u are on santas good list then! Same as i was! ;)

Bazeye
30-Dec-08, 15:41
Claim off your house insurance. You did mention to the Police it was a ...ahem.....top of the range model didnt you...;)