PDA

View Full Version : Tv

Liz
31-Jan-06, 15:28
Is anyone else getting interference on their TV just now?

Since Sunday night I have had bad 'flickering' on analogue TV on BBC1 and 2 with 2 being the worst, slight flickering on ITV and a really grainy pic on Channel 4.
It can't be the aerial as my portable is the same.

Freeview is affected as well with the signal quality flickering between 100% 40% and then going to 0% with complete loss of picture for long period of time. The signal strength is fine.

It seems to affect different Muxes at different times ie just now BBC on Freeview has a signal quality of 100% whilst ITV has none!

Don't know what to do and it's doing my head in!!![mad]

Saveman
31-Jan-06, 16:05
Not noticed any problems here Liz.....is there any council work going on in your street or anything like that?

Liz
31-Jan-06, 16:11
No nothing at all!

Goodness knows what it is but it's weird that it's affecting all the channels differently!

Is your transmitter Rumster Forest?

Thanks!

Saveman
31-Jan-06, 16:13
er...dunno. I'm just north of Watten if thats any help.

Liz
31-Jan-06, 18:32
Hi Savey

I think you will get your signal from Rumster Forest as well.

I sent an email to Grampian TV and they have told me that the weather is affecting the TV signal at the moment. According to them 'atmospheric pressure is distorting the TV signals across much of the UK for analogue and some digital services' and that I just have to wait until the weather changes.

Gee whiz what's the point of buying really expensive TV's etc if we are going to be at the mercy of the weather?!!!

I take it that it is frosty in Watten too but maybe you are in a more sheltered area? It is quite 'exposed' where I live.

Ah well, will just have to wait and see.

Thanks!

Saveman
31-Jan-06, 18:35
I am exposed here as well, but I don't watch a large amount of TV so maybe if I watched more then I would notice.....hope you get yours back to normal soon! :)

weeboyagee
31-Jan-06, 18:36
What's analog TV? :confused:

Saveman
31-Jan-06, 18:39
What's analog TV? :confused:

I believe the signal that is picked up by a normal TV aerial when plugged directly into the TV is an analogue signal.

Liz
31-Jan-06, 18:54
I am exposed here as well, but I don't watch a large amount of TV so maybe if I watched more then I would notice.....hope you get yours back to normal soon! :)

Thanks Savey! That's my problem I watch too much!!!!:eyes

neepnipper
31-Jan-06, 19:47
Thanks goodness for that! My tv's been on the blink, different reception quality between channels and freeview keeps pausing for a few seconds then carrying on, it turned off and on all by itself earlier! Saves hubbie getting up in the loft to fiddle with the aerial. I knew there would be a price to pay for all this fine weather!

Liz
31-Jan-06, 19:55
Thanks goodness for that! My tv's been on the blink, different reception quality between channels and freeview keeps pausing for a few seconds then carrying on, it turned off and on all by itself earlier! Saves hubbie getting up in the loft to fiddle with the aerial. I knew there would be a price to pay for all this fine weather!

Glad I'm not the only one!!! When did your TV start playing up?

Tymey
02-Feb-06, 11:03
I was in Tain over the last few days and the analogue on BBC1 and especially BBC2 was terrible.

Liz
02-Feb-06, 14:54
I get diagonal lines on both BBC2 and Channel 4 a lot of the time and someone has told me this is due to 'overloading' and I need to get an attenuator as the signal strength on my Freeview box is too high at up to 50% on some channels.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Lavenderblue2
02-Feb-06, 16:28
The weatherman answered that one last night – apparently the TV interference is all to do with the current high pressure over Britain.

Personally, I’d put up with any amount of TV interference to be able to have this great weather – wouldn’t you? :Razz

neepnipper
02-Feb-06, 19:47
TV has been fine since yesterday, miss the sunshine though!