PDA

View Full Version : Stage coach buses

purplelady
24-Dec-08, 00:10
Just wondering does anyone have an email addy or fone number for stagecoach please am so angry with them rite now. Was on the 9.11 bus yeserday going down to inverness to caught a connection to perth well the bus had an accidend and we had to wait for another bus ok that was ok was prob bout 40 min delay by that got on our new bus and low and behold the bus carried on its normal jounery going all around the small villages bearing in mind there was a 25x behaind us and in front then to top all he would stop and tell folk waiting he was not picking up mortime wasted called a head told them what had happened now there were 6 or more of us going on the 1.10 bus was told no probs bus would be held for us get into inverness finally at 1.25 and low and behold bus gone was told they knew nothing about a delay and they cannot hold buses so had to wait till 2.20 get that one that would have got me in perth at 5.30 2 ghours late had my lovely fella not met me in aviemore yet again a 2nd rate service for the highlands x

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-08, 00:17
Hi PurpleLady!

Try the stagecoach website...there is a link at the top that says "contact us"

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/

Maybe worth a try! And i completely understand why you are unhappy! This has happened to me before trying to just get up from Inverness to Thurso! 3 hour delay! Not happy with 2 young kids with me!!

rfr10
24-Dec-08, 00:49
Well to be told that they cannot hold buses is a heap of nonsense. I assume your connection was Megabus- operated by Stagecoach? If this is the case then it is their duty to ensure that all their connecting services have arrived before the Megabus service departs. If it is at the fault of Stagecoach, they have to hold connecting services which are also operated by Stagecoach so unless you travelled to Perth via National Express then they have no reason to make such an excuse.

purplelady
24-Dec-08, 01:46
Nope it was a mega bus i was so angry too and they will be getting told i use their service a lot as my fella lives down south go down see him regulary

badger
24-Dec-08, 17:43
Good luck with writing but don't expect much. I wrote when all this timetable/no toilets nonsense started and got what was obviously a stock response admitting nothing. Have seen a similar reply to a local councillor. Basically - they don't care.

Just found the reply I received which was from Scott.Pearson@stagecoachbus.com

Scott Pearson
Divisional Traffic Manager
Stagecoach in the Highlands
01463 239292

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-08, 21:08
i sent them a complaint about not having a toilet on the bus! 30 weeks pregnant on a bus...needed to pee every 5 minutes but had to hold it for 3 hours! [evil]

Also on the way back from a time away in the Isle of Skye, we got made to stand on the bus for the jouney back to inverness, my partner, his mum, his sister, my partners 2 sons aged 6 and 4. Then big fat me with my baby bump! Not 1 person offered to let me or the kids sit down! I was ragin needless to say![disgust]

purplelady
25-Dec-08, 01:07
tell you we are getting a 2nd rate service as usual am sick of being treated like this because of where we live x

Amy-Winehouse
30-Dec-08, 14:58
I was given a bus timetable & it stated that the bus would leave Wick at 13.16 today- guess what?? It wasnt even there[evil] Therer is however a bus at 14.41 but thats not the point, Why do Stagecoach keep giving us a pathetic 4rd or 5th class service??

Even their drivers dont know what time the buses are due(not really their problem) but when I asked the chap in question said he didnt know or care?

well some of us do care as we have to get to our destinations today not tomorrow.

Stagecoach get your act together[disgust]

dragonfly
30-Dec-08, 15:42
I was given a bus timetable & it stated that the bus would leave Wick at 13.16 today- guess what?? It wasnt even there[evil] Therer is however a bus at 14.41 but thats not the point, Why do Stagecoach keep giving us a pathetic 4rd or 5th class service??

Even their drivers dont know what time the buses are due(not really their problem) but when I asked the chap in question said he didnt know or care?

well some of us do care as we have to get to our destinations today not tomorrow.

Stagecoach get your act together[disgust]

in fairness to Stagecoach, they have advertised their reduced service Xmas/New Year timetables in the Caithness Courier and JOG for the last 3 or 4 weeks - fairly big ad too

Blast!
31-Dec-08, 03:03
Well to be told that they cannot hold buses is a heap of nonsense. I assume your connection was Megabus- operated by Stagecoach? If this is the case then it is their duty to ensure that all their connecting services have arrived before the Megabus service departs. If it is at the fault of Stagecoach, they have to hold connecting services which are also operated by Stagecoach so unless you travelled to Perth via National Express then they have no reason to make such an excuse.

Why should passengers departing on a southbound bus from Inverness have their journey delayed by an hour because a connecting service from the North arrives late?

It's unfair on passengers getting that bus who haven't travelled from the North.

A suitable resolution should be sought though delaying the departure of a bus is unfair on other passengers using that service.

purplelady
31-Dec-08, 13:52
I agree but it was not an hour i would have had an hour to kill in inverness it was actually only in 10 mins after the bus we were catching was due to leave and i know for a fact buses have been and are held for longer than 10 mins for connecting service down south have been on one of them the bus waiting for the bus that is running late i would never expect them to hold bus for an hour but they said they knew nothing bout the bus running late rubbish i rang and told and was told the bus would be held x

rfr10
31-Dec-08, 15:53
Why should passengers departing on a southbound bus from Inverness have their journey delayed by an hour because a connecting service from the North arrives late?

It's unfair on passengers getting that bus who haven't travelled from the North.

A suitable resolution should be sought though delaying the departure of a bus is unfair on other passengers using that service.

Stagecoach must either hold the connecting service until the delayed bus arrives, arrange for another bus to pick the passengers on the delayed bus up or offer a full refund plus possible compensation.

If you travel from Glasgow to Inverness, you must change buses at Perth but the bus which picks the passengers up from Perth is often delayed as it usually comes from Aberdeen or elsewhere so why should passengers travelling to Inverness have to wait for this bus to arrive. I've stood at Perth for almost an hour before because of delays. Isn't this the same thing?

Fair enough, you can't exactly hold a connecting bus for an hour but it is the responsibility of Stagecoach to arrange some sort of additional service in order for the passengers to get to their destination. eg. putting them on a later service and offering a full refund for the inconvenience caused.

purplelady
31-Dec-08, 18:01
Stagecoach must either hold the connecting service until the delayed bus arrives, arrange for another bus to pick the passengers on the delayed bus up or offer a full refund plus possible compensation.

If you travel from Glasgow to Inverness, you must change buses at Perth but the bus which picks the passengers up from Perth is often delayed as it usually comes from Aberdeen or elsewhere so why should passengers travelling to Inverness have to wait for this bus to arrive. I've stood at Perth for almost an hour before because of delays. Isn't this the same thing?

Fair enough, you can't exactly hold a connecting bus for an hour but it is the responsibility of Stagecoach to arrange some sort of additional service in order for the passengers to get to their destination. eg. putting them on a later service and offering a full refund for the inconvenience caused.
thank you i brought this up with the poeple at inverness but was told no way would they hold a bus longer than 15 mins told them have waited an hour before now but they toatally denyed it x