PDA

View Full Version : Case

emszxr
31-Jan-06, 14:06
i dont dissaprove of people getting grants who need them, but they and hie have just given 105k to a hotel that charges 140 per person a night. surely they are taking enough money in that they do not need 105k from enterprise companies.

Saveman
31-Jan-06, 16:22
An Hotel can be charging that amount and not making any money. Especially if they only get one couple staying per week for example......unlikely but possible.
As I don't know all the ins and outs its hard to comment, however I think the C.A.S.E. set up is a very good idea and has assisted many excellent businesses over the years.

Geo
31-Jan-06, 16:35
They never helped me when I went to them with a business plan so they're clearly not very good. ;)

Or my business plan was rubbish. Likely!

Saveman
31-Jan-06, 16:43
They never helped me when I went to them with a business plan so they're clearly not very good. ;)

Or my business plan was rubbish. Likely!

I've never had much contact with them personally but just what I've seen from other work they have done. I suppose each case is taken on its merits.

Your business plan may not have been rubbish, maybe just not within their sphere of influence. Or did they actually say "Your business plan is rubbish!"? if so then I can understand your rage. :)

Geo
31-Jan-06, 16:45
No, if memory serves it was because the business was going to be retail not manufacture.

emszxr
31-Jan-06, 17:05
i also tried to get assistance from case on at least 3 occasions but got turned down every time. yet i know they gave money to big companies for exactly the same type of assistance i needed help with .

i hope you dont count one paticular factory in sutherland that they gave millions to that went bust anyway, when you say they assisted some excellent companies

Saveman
31-Jan-06, 18:08
i also tried to get assistance from case on at least 3 occasions but got turned down every time. yet i know they gave money to big companies for exactly the same type of assistance i needed help with .

i hope you dont count one paticular factory in sutherland that they gave millions to that went bust anyway, when you say they assisted some excellent companies

No, I only count those that happen to fit my argument.