PDA

View Full Version : Orkney catamaran

Tighsonas4
23-Dec-08, 13:11
it seems that she will not get into service now until next month
aiming for the 7th of january if they can get experts up over the festive season tony

wifie
23-Dec-08, 14:05
Heavens to Betsy Tigh! Is this a boat or the starship enterprise? Which experts do they require and why? Not bein cheeky (well not very! ;)) just interested seein as you seem to be in the know and doin a sterling job of advertising for them!

brokencross
23-Dec-08, 17:40
Which experts do they require and why?

The Starship Pentalina will need the experts to show the crew how to get up to warp speed, lower and raise the force shields, work the transporter so they can "beam me up Scotty" and also teach the Chief Engineer to utter the words "She'll nae tak it Capt'n" when the Firth is a bit rough.

wifie
23-Dec-08, 17:48
The Starship Pentalina will need the experts to show the crew how to get up to warp speed, lower and raise the force shields, work the transporter so they can "beam me up Scotty" and also teach the Chief Engineer to utter the words "She'll nae tak it Capt'n" when the Firth is a bit rough.
Thanks brokencross - I did not realise it was so involved! :eek: Obviously experts will be needed then - how daft am I? (Mik do not answer that!)

Tighsonas4
23-Dec-08, 18:07
only way i know wifie i listen to orkney radio and hes got a site on here for times of sailing under pentland ferries.
the crew that took her from the phillipians to orkney should hardly need much more training [lol][lol] tony

Aaldtimer
23-Dec-08, 18:23
Maybe the Dilythian Crystals need charging!:Razz

Tugmistress
24-Dec-08, 09:09
Looks like it's going to be crowded over at the Hope, Pentalina is sat there having work done, Pentalina B did the crossings yesterday, and i see on the AIS that Claymore is heading that way and due there about 10am this morning, never been there but i get the impression it's only a cute wee place lol

brokencross
24-Dec-08, 15:01
Looks like it's going to be crowded over at the Hope, Pentalina is sat there having work done, Pentalina B did the crossings yesterday, and i see on the AIS that Claymore is heading that way

You are so right. Courtesy of Shipnostalgia.

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=154329

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=154469

Busy indeed.

silversurfer
24-Dec-08, 17:29
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/grantcoghill/Flight14May2005004Large.jpg

Tugs - this aerial picture shows the pier at 'Hope'

Tugmistress
24-Dec-08, 18:03
Thanks for that pic Silversurfer :)
I would guess that one of the boats will be anchored overnight, i can't see 3 fitting on the pier lol

And thanks for links too Brokencross :)

Tighsonas4
24-Dec-08, 19:19
Looks like it's going to be crowded over at the Hope, Pentalina is sat there having work done, Pentalina B did the crossings yesterday, and i see on the AIS that Claymore is heading that way and due there about 10am this morning, never been there but i get the impression it's only a cute wee place lol
missed all this tuggs as im not at home and only get a periodic go at a laptop ,theres better views of the hope itself on some of the orkney web sites, imagine one will have to moor off. thats the same little pier as it was during the war
it was homee to two flat bottomed minelayers then
the villiage boasted two pubs and a post office, of course there was no barriers at that time regards tony