PDA

View Full Version : Nick-names thread

23-Dec-08, 01:11
This thread has been removed meantime due to a complaint having been received.

jock leith
24-Dec-08, 11:55
If I have offended anyone with this thread I am truely sorry.As I live away from Wick now I have memories of folks I grew up with,and some were only known by their nick-names.As I stated in the begining some nick-names were hard to understand,
I only have fond memories of those I knew,but from the reaction of someone it must have hit a raw nerve.I can only say that no offence was intended.
Regards JL

peter macdonald
24-Dec-08, 12:32
Same here if I offended anyone i can asure you it wasnt intentional
Have a nice Christmas Jock and thanks for starting a couple of very enjoyable threads
PM

Melancholy Man
24-Dec-08, 13:16
Whilst I didn't witness the manner in which the thread ultimately went, my gut reaction is that this is another caprice. If certain comments were abusive towards individuals unknown, those could have been removed independent from the entire thread.

Note how I didn't say offence. If Jock and Peter did cause "offence", the onus of proof should rest on the plaintiff. I, and named others on this forum, have been the subject of personal remarks, but not complained. Maintenance of discipline should be conducted accorded to codified rules, and not the whims of individuals.

25-Dec-08, 03:13
The decision has been taken not to return this thread to the main forum.

Thanks for your input. This thread is now closed.