PDA

View Full Version : Lonelyness??

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-08, 22:57
My cat is about 6 and a half years old. Recently i have realised he has been plucking some of his hair. I have had him at the vet (he had a burst alcer) and got him to check then but no sign of mites, fleas etc etc!

Just over a year ago another cat of ours died, unfortunately he ate some slug pellets we think so since then our cat called Fintan has been alone! We were thinking about maybe getting a cat but he does not accept cats...only kittens which to him i suppose he likes to raise them. So thinking of a kitten.

But can anyone help and think maybe if it is being lonely that he is doing this??

All replies welcome! :Razz

Liz
23-Dec-08, 14:54
Sorry for the loss of your other cat and it is possible that Fintan's skin problem is due to him missing his pal. Difficult to say though as skin problems can be really hard to diagnose.
My wee cat Suzy has a recurring skin problem but can't find a cause.

If he would get on okay with a kitten then it would be good idea to get one to give Finlan company.

ShelleyCowie
23-Dec-08, 15:39
Thanks for the response Liz. Yes i think the best thing for him is to get a kitten. He likes to think of himself as a teacher! (he has brought back cats to the house and he rules the roost)

I will likely get a kitten after the new year. See if that helps him!

Liz
23-Dec-08, 20:15
You are welcome and I hope getting a wee companion for Finlan will help.:D