PDA

View Full Version : Down with the X Factor

mccaugm
22-Dec-08, 14:44
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20081222/ten-online-campaign-over-xmas-top-spot-ea4616c.html

I was so hoping to wipe the smug little smile of Simon Cowells face...rather it was a "S Cowell". [evil]

Rock on Buckley you made it to No2 from beyond the grave. :Razz

wifie
22-Dec-08, 14:53
I'm with you mccaugm! I read somewhere that the girl did not even like the song she was made to sing! Talk about a puppet! She is talented and it is a shame but if this is the only way she can get recognised then perhaps it is a small price to pay! I just cannot believe what sheep the public are S Cowell is the evil sheep dog! Ruff! Killers got it right - there are a heck of a lot that are dancer and nowhere near human!

EDDIE
22-Dec-08, 16:25
well i quite like watching xfactor but i do think its bad that xfactor winners single is released a week before xmas it makes so predictable what the xmas no1 is going to be.
the xmas no1 should be a suprise to see who it is.
And its amazing these days you dont see many xmas songs in the charts now at this time of the year to what u used to

Westside
22-Dec-08, 16:59
Rock on Buckley you made it to No2 from beyond the grave. :Razz[/quote]

Only person rocking is Mr Cowell all the way to the bank as he owns the rights to the Jeff Buckley version as well as the original Leonard Cohen version which also charted. Whole thing is a money making scam for the organisers.

honey
22-Dec-08, 17:18
if it wasnt for Alex releasing this song.. Buckley and Cohen wouldnt be in the chat this week

we have a brilliant song, with 3 fantastic, different versions.. thanks to the X-factor

TBH
22-Dec-08, 17:23
if it wasnt for Alex releasing this song.. Buckley and Cohen wouldnt be in the chat this week

we have a brilliant song, with 3 fantastic, different versions.. thanks to the X-factorYep, Cohen is given exposure and possibly royalties as the composer and Buckley is remembered for his beautiful version of this song.
Not all bad at all.

honey
22-Dec-08, 17:31
i adore Buckleys version.. :D