PDA

View Full Version : Securing my Wireless Network

squashed frog
21-Dec-08, 16:53
Can anybody enlighten me as to how I secure my wireless network. My modem router is a USR9110 USRobotics.

Somebody is using my connection.

Bobinovich
21-Dec-08, 19:37
Firstly access your router's configuration page by entering http://192.168.2.1 into the address bar of your browser, you will be asked for the password which is blank by default so just click Login.

Now click on the Wireless heading on the left hand side then select the WPA sub heading. In the main section on the right chose TKIP from the first line, Pre-shared Key from the 2nd, Passphrase from the 3rd and then choose and type a password (min 8, max 63 characters) in the Pre-shared Key box. Now click the Save Settings button and your wireless system should now be secured.

Any wireless item which has been connected prior to that will now need to be reconnected to the wireless box, this time using the password you chose.

squashed frog
22-Dec-08, 10:28
Thanks Bob thats done the job, thought that was what was required but not too keen on fiddling about with my router incase I make a hips of it and can't get online. :)

Ricco
22-Dec-08, 17:15
Thanks Bob thats done the job, thought that was what was required but not too keen on fiddling about with my router incase I make a hips of it and can't get online. :)
Just in case you ever do make a hips (?) of it you can always hardwire and then log in and redo your settings.