PDA

View Full Version : Feel good films to watch again and again...

Fluff
21-Dec-08, 16:39
I am about to watch one of my favourite films (again) this afternoon, Amelie because it makes me feel good. Isn't it funny how such a simple thing like a film or some music can changed your mood etc..

So orgers, what are you favourite films which you can watch again and again and not be bored.

I do recommend Stardust and Love Actually for those who have not seen them. gives you a lovely fuzzy feeling inside :)

Tugmistress
21-Dec-08, 16:42
Nanny Mcphee, been on telly this morning, great film :D

Alice in Blunderland
21-Dec-08, 17:29
Top Gunn, Dirty Dancing, Pretty woman are my three favourites I torture the family with again and again. :lol:

Gizmo
21-Dec-08, 18:14
The Wedding Singer is a movie that never fails to put me in a good mood

Melancholy Man
21-Dec-08, 18:48
Someone once told me that Amelie was a slobbery puppy-dog of a film, and inglorious success (unlike the glorious failure which was Aliens IV). And, do you know what happened to that person? That person is... DEAD!

I would rank The Black Stallion pretty high.

Kodiak
21-Dec-08, 19:15
An Excellent Film to watch is :-

"The Seeker : The Dark is Rising"

It is a Fantasy film and is set in Britian and Not America for a Change. There ate lots of British Actors like Christopher Eccleston(Dr Who), James Cosmo & Ian McShane(Lovejoy). It is great Time Travelling Film and is a Cert 12.

It is on Sky over Christmas and well worth watching.

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-08, 19:45
I like Nanny Mcphee, watched it this morning too Tugmistress!! :D

But i also like Pans Labrynth, gives me a sense of living in a fairy tale in a grown up way! I love that movie! And the fact it is done in spanish just tops it!

But then again i really love movies! Star wars (episodes 1-6), Hulk, Transformers, Wanted, Saw Movies, Sunshine, /jumper, The Pursuit of happiness..etc etc!

And if anyone else on here has seen the movie Osmosis Jones (cartoon) then please let me know cos i have never met anyone who has seen it! Pure genius!!!

Tugmistress
21-Dec-08, 20:00
ok been having a tv day today, i'm embarrassed to admit it but i just sat and bawled at ET and then Watership Down lol, currently watching Jewel of the Nile :D

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-08, 20:03
ok been having a tv day today, i'm embarrassed to admit it but i just sat and bawled at ET and then Watership Down lol, currently watching Jewel of the Nile :D

Ahh i have watership down on dvd and i cry my eyes oot on it EVERY time so dont be embarrassed!!! But it is a magic movie! It may be sad but its good! My dad let me watch it when i was like 5 years old! I always wondered why the bunnies was covered in tomato sauce!!!!!

I love tv days! :) Not that i get much of a chance now!! :lol:

Melancholy Man
21-Dec-08, 22:45
For goodness sake, Watership Down is not a children's film! It has scarred an entire generation of children in ways those public service announcements from the 70s and 80s never did!

Rabbits being smote by a vengeful God. Rabbits being poisoned in their burrows. Rabbits being plucked out of fields by hawks. Rabbits being mown down by cars. Rabbits being ripped apart and strung up on barbed wire like... er... rabbits.

Yes, that's one for the little 'uns.

The book has entire pages given to describing empty fields. Not much for humans, but bloomin' freaky if you're a rabbit.

(I didn't cry, though. Sat shocked into silence at Plague Dogs, which removed all the hope from the book. Swim, Snitter, swim!)

loobyloo
21-Dec-08, 22:54
I've never watched it. Always seemed creepy to me: glad I didn't bother now!!!!! That and the Snowman. Freaky.......... You know the Snowman isn't going to end well ha ha

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-08, 23:45
I thought watership down was ace! Not sayin it is ace for rabbits to be killed and things but that the movie its-self was pure magic!

Yes i watched it at a young age but i never understood it at all!!! Now i do! I loved horrors from the age of 3-4. Started watching things like the blob and childsplay! Didnt like the blob tho! Creeped me out!

mums angels
22-Dec-08, 02:00
When was watership down on .. and is it on again ?

I did my RPR at school on the book , its a classic would love to watch the film again!

personally the kids and i love to watch .. miracle on 34th street, The Grinch, The snowman at xmas time ..rest of time they love Nanny mcphee , Transformers ,Indiana jones, mama mia and penelope

I love the Saw movies, Die hard films, Lord of the rings , Dirty dancing , Pretty woman , An officer and a gentlemen, Top Gun , Bad boys ...it goes on and on :lol:

kitty kat
22-Dec-08, 02:42
i have to say watership down scarred the living b'jesus out o me from a very young age and still i can not watch it even now just seeing the advert i have to turn it off i dont scare that easy but that film still haunts me:(

favorite films harry potters very christmassy and for the whole family jingle all the way was gutted when the power went out was just settling down to watch it and off it went wanted is a good film and anything with vin diesel <love him.

please santa if ur reading i will put out a biiiiig stocking

Aaldtimer
22-Dec-08, 03:42
Watership Down was a great book/film.
I was disappointed that they never made a film of "Shardik" by the same author, Richard Adams! :~(

hotrod4
22-Dec-08, 08:48
"Field of Dreams" is my favourite film for watching over and over again. It has a very good,deep message that appeals to the male of the species.
Know it almost word for word.Had it on VHS but since that machine was sent to Seater havent got a DVD copy (mrs rod wont allow me to buy it).Have tried in vain but she hates how I repeat all the words!!!.
But she is still allowed to watch her films though!:roll:

kitty kat
22-Dec-08, 12:20
Had it on VHS but since that machine was sent to Seater havent got a DVD copy

what is this VHS ? :confused lol

hotrod4
22-Dec-08, 14:19
Had it on VHS but since that machine was sent to Seater havent got a DVD copy

what is this VHS ? :confused lol
How unknowing can some people be?????;)
For those involved in the cultivation and harvesting of salad, brassica and speciality crops, Vegetable Harvesting Systems (VHS) offer a wide range of seeding, planting and harvesting equipment

percy toboggan
22-Dec-08, 18:29
The Straight Story
Local Hero
Dambusters

percy toboggan
22-Dec-08, 18:31
Pans Labyrinth is on FILM 4 tonight methinks..
I'll be poised.

percy toboggan
22-Dec-08, 18:32
I really liked Nanny McPhee - seen it four times.
apologies for taking three posts to add little - it's a fault I own up to...sometimes.

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-08, 18:33
Pans Labyrinth is on FILM 4 tonight methinks..
I'll be poised.

I will be watching that! Even thought i have it on DVD! Pure brilliant film!!!

Thanks for lettin me know it was on! :)

youoldduffer
22-Dec-08, 18:37
Pans Labyrinth
Now that was a strange but very good film.

The first couple of rocky's always get me going even though i know he'll win.

The great escape was a fav at xmas or the one with jimi stewart and a giant rabbit (sorry cant remeber the name):(

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-08, 18:51
[quote=youoldduffer;473501]Pans Labyrinth
Now that was a strange but very good film.

It was strange..i never quite understood it the first time, but then i watched it again and again and loved it! Everytime i watched it i learned something new about it! :Razz

Oddquine
23-Dec-08, 03:42
Christmas isn't Christmas without "It's a Wonderful Life" ..................and, youoldduffer...the rabbit, and the name of the film was "Harvey".

buffy
23-Dec-08, 12:17
Perhaps anyone who's down about the credit crunch should stick on Its a Wonderful Life (yet again) it should cheer ye right up!

Love Actually and Mama Mia always make me feel warm and fuzzy :Razz

ShelleyCowie
23-Dec-08, 12:19
i can honestly say i have never heard of the move its a wonderful life!

Is that bad?? :lol:

Sandra_B
23-Dec-08, 12:26
I will have to second Stardust...brilliant!!

Other favourites, Local Hero, Restless Natives, Waking Ned Devine.

ShelleyCowie
23-Dec-08, 12:27
I will have to second Stardust...brilliant!!

Other favourites, Local Hero, Restless Natives, Waking Ned Devine.

I love waking ned! Gets me laughing every time! :cool:

buffy
23-Dec-08, 15:56
i can honestly say i have never heard of the move its a wonderful life!

Is that bad?? :lol:

keep your eyes open looking through the tv guide - guarantee it will be on some day this week!

ShelleyCowie
23-Dec-08, 15:58
I will keep my eyes peeled then! It had better be good! [lol]

percy toboggan
23-Dec-08, 17:48
It's a little over-rated imho Shelley, and won'y change your ife...however it may keep you entertained for a couple of hours.

I fell asleep watching Black Snake Moan last night - a mere ten minutes in !
Still, it qualifies as 'feel good' cos I likes a good kip.
Even the sight of a mini-skirted boot clad Alabaman trollop couldn't keep me eyes open.

percy toboggan
23-Dec-08, 17:49
I love waking ned! Gets me laughing every time! :cool:

I fell asleep in the flicks watching 'Waking Ned'

It happens.

Aaldtimer
23-Dec-08, 18:21
It's a little over-rated imho Shelley, and won'y change your ife...however it may keep you entertained for a couple of hours.

I fell asleep watching Black Snake Moan last night - a mere ten minutes in !
Still, it qualifies as 'feel good' cos I likes a good kip.
Even the sight of a mini-skirted boot clad Alabaman trollop couldn't keep me eyes open.

Hey Perce! Great film! SLJ sings! You shoulda stuck with it...she's down to her knickeras most of the rest of the film![lol]

percy toboggan
23-Dec-08, 19:14
prob is shes barely more than a bairn - or maybe I'm getting auld.

ShelleyCowie
23-Dec-08, 23:26
I fell asleep watching Wall-E in the cinema in Ness with kids!! Was 30 weeks pregnant at the time and tryin to get 2 kids and luggage for a holiday on a bus wasna easy so at night i deserved the sleep!

But what i seen of it was really good! Got the kids it for their xmas cos i want to see what i missed! :lol:

Green_not_greed
24-Dec-08, 12:30
The Blues Brothers
Local Hero
Casablanca