PDA

View Full Version : Don't stroke the pussy

Tugmistress
20-Dec-08, 01:33
Police highlight large cat incident in Alness area

Issued: 19 Dec 2008
POLICE in Alness are urging members of the public who see an unusually large cat in the area to contact them with information after an elderly woman was allegedly attacked by such an animal.
The 74-year-old from the Ardross Road area of the town told Police that she had been attacked by a large cat, leaving her with deep lacerations to her lower leg and other cuts and scratches on her hands. She required stitches at the local hospital as a result of the incident.
Police and Scottish Natural Heritage are carrying out a joint inquiry to try and trace and recover the animal.
It is described as 3ft in length and grey coloured. It is believed to be a cat of some kind, however, an apparently unprovoked attack would be very uncharacteristic of a Scottish wildcat. It may be a hybrid. Police would advise anyone who may see it not to approach it, attempt to feed it or try to pick it up or stroke it. Parents are urged to advise their children against approaching the animal.

Gizmo
20-Dec-08, 01:41
I heard it was 8ft long with massive fangs and piercing red eyes, and that it eats babies, it's all round asda so it must be true ;)

Connor.
20-Dec-08, 03:34
it's all round asda so it must be true ;)

http://forum.dhry.co.uk/images/smilies/icon_rofl-fist.gif

Fran
20-Dec-08, 04:01
I used to have a cat which came from Bettyhill and its father was a pure wildcat. My cat was very stiped, grey and white, a long body short legs, big head and long whiskers with a bushy tail. He was such a beautiful affectionate thing and grew to be a massive cat. He was 18 when he died of kidney failure.

Moira
20-Dec-08, 04:13
Police highlight large cat incident in Alness area

Issued: 19 Dec 2008
POLICE in Alness are urging members of the public who see an unusually large cat in the area to contact them with information after an elderly woman was allegedly attacked by such an animal..........
The 74-year-old from the Ardross Road.

I heard this too and was concerned....

ar1ling
20-Dec-08, 04:18
sounds a very scary cat,i will run away when i see it far,far away:D

Moira
20-Dec-08, 04:20
I heard it was 8ft long with massive fangs and piercing red eyes, and that it eats babies, it's all round asda so it must be true ;)

Gizmo, go order a coffee, I'll pay for it. :D

unicorn
20-Dec-08, 12:10
on the bbc news it said this is the 2nd time she has been attacked and this time it managed to drag her a distance on the ground :eek:

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 14:46

Gizmo...i had heard it had 6 paws from each leg, its tail is like a scorpian tail so it can sting you and it sneezes poo on u!! :lol:

Gizmo
20-Dec-08, 14:55
Gizmo...i had heard it had 6 paws from each leg, its tail is like a scorpian tail so it can sting you and it sneezes poo on u!! :lol:

Now that's just ridiculous Shelley.....tail like a scorpion?...whoever heard of such nonsense, people will start to think we're making things up if you carry on like that ;)

Watch out for the baby eating 6 pawed Poosneezercat...coming to a garden near you soon :lol:

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 15:09
Now that's just ridiculous Shelley.....tail like a scorpion?...whoever heard of such nonsense, people will start to think we're making things up if you carry on like that ;)

Watch out for the baby eating 6 pawed Poosneezercat...coming to a garden near you soon :lol:

Honestly a tail like a scorpion! Better stay away from my garden..my cat has the strengh of a Rhino, taller than a girraffe and instead of sneezing poo....he coughs up other cats to help him attack! :lol:

Geo
20-Dec-08, 15:15
Poor lady. Very traumatic for her.

unicornleather
20-Dec-08, 15:23
LOL, like your replies!
Oz :)

unicorn
20-Dec-08, 15:26
this is the BBC Link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/7791419.stm

Kodiak
20-Dec-08, 16:19
PAH I am safe from any Moggie, I have all my Teddy Bears to protect me, all 900 of them. So come on Kitty and see what happens when you get mauled by a Teddy Bear !! :Razz

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 17:56
PAH I am safe from any Moggie, I have all my Teddy Bears to protect me, all 900 of them. So come on Kitty and see what happens when you get mauled by a Teddy Bear !! :Razz

Teddy bears always come to the rescue dont they! Trusty teddies! Send some teddies over my way for double protection!

But i do hope the lady that was attacked is ok.